Page 192 of 231 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3451
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Real question. I know ofc Dust and the Cuckoos are considered 'New X-Men'. Or at least a part of the Academy X generation. But do you guys really feel the same for Quentin, Glob, Angel, Beak, Ernst, and Martha?

They are, as well.

Just not ones I particularly care about lol.

Like, in New Mutants v.2, they were literally just the students you don't see during Morrison's New X-Men. I guess it's only fair to have them in the Academy X gen.

Like, in New Mutants v.2, they were literally just the students you don't see during Morrison's New X-Men. I guess it's only fair to have them in the Academy X gen.
    It seems fair, but I don't think it is. The Morrisonian kids feels so different to them because they are, they have an entirely different designn philosophy and were constructed for a more specific purpose (whereas the Academy X characters were created to be curated into characters down the line, I feel).

I really dislike people revisiting Morrison's run (although I think I enjoyed Secret Wars' E for Extinction more than most), it feels like when you watch one of those modern Shakespeare interpretations, where they keep the Shakespearian language but you can tell that the actors don't know what the words mean.

They're part of the generation in a "Well, I guess, technically..." sense, but I think there's a reason most of us are uneasy when creators talk about X-Kids and it turns out they mean Glob. I don't think it's that we just miss characters, but we miss a sub-genre of X-Book storytelling that the Academy X characters were moulded into (and which the Morrison kids really never were).

I do wonder if I'd feel any differently if Weir/Defilippis/KYost had folded people like Glob into New X-Men in the same way as Dust and the Cuckoos.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    It seems fair, but I don't think it is. The Morrisonian kids feels so different to them because they are, they have an entirely different designn philosophy and were constructed for a more specific purpose (whereas the Academy X characters were created to be curated into characters down the line, I feel).

I really dislike people revisiting Morrison's run (although I think I enjoyed Secret Wars' E for Extinction more than most), it feels like when you watch one of those modern Shakespeare interpretations, where they keep the Shakespearian language but you can tell that the actors don't know what the words mean.

They're part of the generation in a "Well, I guess, technically..." sense, but I think there's a reason most of us are uneasy when creators talk about X-Kids and it turns out they mean Glob. I don't think it's that we just miss characters, but we miss a sub-genre of X-Book storytelling that the Academy X characters were moulded into (and which the Morrison kids really never were).
    Well-said. Morrison invented most of that group to be iconoclasts, very nearly anti-X-Men. So lumping them in with the Academy X kids, whose narrative for a while was "Xavier's as Hogwarts", really feels off. Plus I really do dislike how writers woobie-fy jerks/occasional villains like Quire and Glob, while kids like Surge and Hellion are dang near vilified and sidelined for how they've reacted to the trauma the senior X-Men apparently never gave a damn about helping them through.

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...mes-to-the-big

Looks like we might be getting Julian towards the end of the event. That's Santo, Megan, Hisako, Vic, Noriko, and Julian all confirmed so far for the event.

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...er-young-x-men

Huh. I'm actually surprised by this.

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...us-fans-of-the

Well......at least she acknowledges the love people have in these characters and isn't super passive aggressive like Brisson and White.
    I know it's just me being petty but I can't stand how writers and editors will often refer to the kids as the "Young X-Men"

That book failed and no one liked it. When we ask for the "New X-Men", we're usually referring to a specific group of characters, but the Young adjective opens it up to basically anyone from the Academy X era thru Gen X vol 2.

eff that noise.

Real question. I know ofc Dust and the Cuckoos are considered 'New X-Men'. Or at least a part of the Academy X generation. But do you guys really feel the same for Quentin, Glob, Angel, Beak, Ernst, and Martha?

Were they a part of the official team which compromised New X-men? No, but if you are broadening up the term to include the Academy X generation (which you've mentioned Dust and Cuckoos) then yeah, they certainly were.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

The more the merrier!
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

UNCANNY X-MEN #4-7
    ED BRISSON, KELLY THOMPSON & MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)
    PERE PÉREZ (ISSUES 4 & 8), R.B. SILVA (ISSUE 5) & YILDIRAY CINAR (ISSUE 6) (A)
    Covers by ELIZABETH TORQUE
    X-MEN DISASSEMBLED CONTINUES!
    Just when things didn’t look like they could get worse… The ride of the Four Horsemen of Salvation? The coming of X-Man? And…a return to the AGE OF APOCALYPSE? The weekly epic that threatens to leave the X-Men in tatters rolls on toward its explosive conclusion!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm guessing that this is the AoA versions of Armor, Pixie, Rockslide and Herman

I actually like the way Pixie looks. While I do agree she looks more demonic/gargoyle-like instead of a dark-pixie, I think it works for the AoA-verse. Her costume is terrible though. The yellow and blue just look bad. Also, Armor's costume looks extra boring and plain. Rockslide looks somewhat cool but I would have preferred more distinct changes. I don't like Glob, but I think he works as an AoA Horseman.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Just some random nonsense I was thinking about as I overthink about a bunch of different things. IF WindDancer ever comes back I hope they'd explore her powers like the Air Benders of Avatar do. That would be epic. Just a thought.

I was also thinking about how popular Laura is now and why writers choose to ignore the friendships/acquaintanceships she made in New X-Men. I would like to see some interaction with that old squad soon.

According Jordan White' vote for the X-Men twitter poll:

10. X-23 72 votes
    23. Quire 14 votes
    (32. Honey Badger 8 votes)
    38. Surge 6 votes
    46. Anole 4 votes
    53. Glob 4 votes
    (61. Goldballs 3 votes)
    69. Hellion 2 votes *hehehehe*
    70. Hope 2 votes
    74. Pixie 2 votes
    78. Armor 1 vote
    80. Blindfold 1 vote
    84. elixir 1
    86. eye boy 1
    89. genesis 1
    101. Prodgy 1
    105. Rockslide 1
    107. Shark Girl 1
    113. Transonic 1
    115. Wind Dancer 1
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post

I do wonder if I'd feel any differently if Weir/Defilippis/KYost had folded people like Glob into New X-Men in the same way as Dust and the Cuckoos.
    The Academy X kids have something going for them that no other generation had happen for them. And any replication of that failed so horribly that it would ultimately be ignored. I definitely agree, Morrison's characters seeemed like teh sort of characters that needed to start and end their appearances in his book. There was a goal in mind for each of these characters and any further development always feels off. I mean, hell, most of the characters DO leave by teh time New X-Men ends, and there was more of an out for the rest.

Xorn - nuff said.
    Quentin - turns into a gas. could've been left like that.
    Glob - literally went to jail because he was essentially a school-shooter type
    Beak & Angel - went off to raise their kids
    No-Girl - was potentially a host body for Cassandra Nova.
    Ernst - ????? no one's ever done anything interesting with her. im surprised she hasn't been cannon fodder for KYost.
    Basilisk - dies at the end anyway.

It was cool that characters like Dust and the Cuckoos were able to be sort of "rescued" from that kind of status. It helps that they latter wasn't part of Xorn's Special Class and the former was never a strong part of the narrative. Academy X were constantly being positioned as the next generation and, following Decimation, the last generation of mutantkind left. I feel like placing that importance on them really helped solidify their place in the X-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I know it's just me being petty but I can't stand how writers and editors will often refer to the kids as the "Young X-Men"

That book failed and no one liked it. When we ask for the "New X-Men", we're usually referring to a specific group of characters, but the Young adjective opens it up to basically anyone from the Academy X era thru Gen X vol 2.

eff that noise.
    I feel like they say that so that they don't get flack when they shoehorn/group together in the Five Lights/JGS students/Guggie kids/Bendis kids with the New X-Men. Thing is, I rarely see anyone ask for students outside of the Academy X gen, yet we always get the same "there are 1000000+ students, we can't give them all focus uwu." Like, I'm sure there are Primal and Velocidad stans out there, but.....ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Were they a part of the official team which compromised New X-men? No, but if you are broadening up the term to include the Academy X generation (which you've mentioned Dust and Cuckoos) then yeah, they certainly were.
    Inch resting. If so, I guess it goes:

A-team: X-23, Hellion, Surge, Armor, Prodigy, Rockslide, Anole, Pixie, Elixir, Mercury

B-team: Indra, Loa, Trance, Blindfold, Match, Bling!, Cuckoos, (also would Gentle be on a hypothetical A-team or B-team?)

then, C-team: Quentin, Beak, Angel, Glob, Ernst, No-Girl?

Default New X-Men on X-Men Monday

The Votes came in, and the New X-Men did...........alright I guess. Glad most made it to the top 50 tho.

10. X-23 - 72 votes
    38. Surge - 6 votes
    46. Anole - 4 votes
    69. Hellion (lol) - 2 votes
    74. Pixie* - 2 votes
    78. Armor* - 2 votes
    80. Blindfold - 1 vote
    84. Elixir ""
    101. Prodigy ""
    105. Rockslide ""
    115. Wind Dancer ""

Altogether, 93 votes for the Academy X.
    *For how much support Armor and Pixie get, I'm really surprised there weren't more people voting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    According Jordan White' vote for the X-Men twitter poll:

10. X-23 72 votes
    23. Quire 14 votes
    (32. Honey Badger 8 votes)
    38. Surge 6 votes
    46. Anole 4 votes
    53. Glob 4 votes
    (61. Goldballs 3 votes)
    69. Hellion 2 votes *hehehehe*
    70. Hope 2 votes
    74. Pixie 2 votes
    78. Armor 1 vote
    80. Blindfold 1 vote
    84. elixir 1
    86. eye boy 1
    89. genesis 1
    101. Prodgy 1
    105. Rockslide 1
    107. Shark Girl 1
    113. Transonic 1
    115. Wind Dancer 1
    Plus, the panel in Uncanny right before Kitty rams the X-Jet that has Oya, Anole, Rockslide, Pixie, Armor, and Glob gets a colored preview. Well, a piece of it. I love Asrar's art so muuuuuuch!

I feel like i should tweet a 69 joke at JW
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The Votes came in, and the New X-Men did...........alright I guess. Glad most made it to the top 50 tho.

10. X-23 - 72 votes
    38. Surge - 6 votes
    46. Anole - 4 votes
    69. Hellion (lol) - 2 votes
    74. Pixie* - 2 votes
    78. Armor* - 2 votes
    80. Blindfold - 1 vote
    84. Elixir ""
    101. Prodigy ""
    105. Rockslide ""
    115. Wind Dancer ""

Altogether, 93 votes for the Academy X.
    *For how much support Armor and Pixie get, I'm really surprised there weren't more people voting for her.

Plus, the panel in Uncanny right before Kitty rams the X-Jet that has Oya, Anole, Rockslide, Pixie, Armor, and Glob gets a colored preview. Well, a piece of it. I love Asrar's art so muuuuuuch!

They arent many people's #1 character. A vote for them is a non vote for charcaters people love more

So i sent a bill and ted "69, dudes" gif to White celebrating Julian's ranking