Page 194 of 231 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good idea. Id love it if there was a mass defection
    Kitty can keep all of the losers like Glob, Sprite and Eyeboy's walking corpse

I do like the X-Man hipster cult idea
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

KT answered the pressing question and......

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...uncanny-and-it

Q: Saw the art preview/interview for Uncanny and it looks good, but I'm curious who had Laura refer to a group including Rockslide and Anole as "kids?" She's part of the same class, is the same age, and was with them from M-Day through Second Coming. They're no more "kids" than she is, and between this and Iceman calling Anole a "button masher" it's getting incredibly frustrating seeing the New X-Men constantly talked down like this.

A: I think it’s less about literal age and more about the fact that Laura has leveled up to full time hero and x-man whereas the others have not done that/been allowed to do that...which is part of the story we’re telling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

Q: Saw the art preview/interview for Uncanny and it looks good, but I'm curious who had Laura refer to a group including Rockslide and Anole as "kids?" She's part of the same class, is the same age, and was with them from M-Day through Second Coming. They're no more "kids" than she is, and between this and Iceman calling Anole a "button masher" it's getting incredibly frustrating seeing the New X-Men constantly talked down like this.

A: I think it’s less about literal age and more about the fact that Laura has leveled up to full time hero and x-man whereas the others have not done that/been allowed to do that...which is part of the story we’re telling.
    Yup, that was my question.

So to hear her answer, it's more of a thing like how we all had that friend in school that after graduation ends up about a mile ahead of the rest of us. I REALLY hope the fact this is getting addressed in the story means we're getting a reunion where the NXM confront her about how she's left them all behind. Because let's face it, other than Megan, Laura has never been a good long-term friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yup, that was my question.

So to hear her answer, it's more of a thing like how we all had that friend in school that after graduation ends up about a mile ahead of the rest of us. I REALLY hope the fact this is getting addressed in the story means we're getting a reunion where the NXM confront her about how she's left them all behind. Because let's face it, other than Megan, Laura has never been a good long-term friend.
    Yeah, that's a bit too much faith from the creative team.

Pixie and Armor literally did, though, and got regressed.

I think I might be the only one thats unbothered by Laura using the word kids

Like I said in the other thread, I don't actually mind because it's kinda in character for her.

She knows what they're capable of. She knows better than them at fighting because of what she's been trained to do, and she's never hidden that she believes that.
    There's a fine line between knowing your worth and being condescending.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, I don't actually mind because it's kinda in character for her.

She knows what they're capable of. She knows better than them at fighting because of what she's been trained to do, and she's never hidden that she believes that.
    There's a fine line between knowing your worth and being condescending.
    Laura dismissing them as "kids" is very much NOT in character. She knows they're capable of handling themselves, because she fought alongside them through one of the worst periods in mutant history not involving bleak future AUs. She was with them when they defeated Nimrod, and kicked Belasco's ass on his home turf (a chunk of which she spent dead). They performed well against the Purifiers during Messiah Complex, and they were right there beside her during the final battle against Bastion. It makes no sense at all that she would dismiss them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura dismissing them as "kids" is very much NOT in character. She knows they're capable of handling themselves, because she fought alongside them through one of the worst periods in mutant history not involving bleak future AUs. She was with them when they defeated Nimrod, and kicked Belasco's ass on his home turf (a chunk of which she spent dead). They performed well against the Purifiers during Messiah Complex, and they were right there beside her during the final battle against Bastion. It makes no sense at all that she would dismiss them like that.
    Personally I’m not at all a fan of how Laura sounds in those panels period. I miss her speaking more formally. Now most writers just have her sounding like a generic teenage girl.

And while I agree that it seems odd Laura would dismiss her former peers as ‘kids’ I have to wonder how much esteem and respect she has for them. She hasn’t been in their lives for years, and threw them under the bus in AA. She hasn’t seemed to care about them at all basically since Manifest Destiny.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 10-03-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Yeah, me too.
    I didn't interpret her word choice as something diminishing or condescending. Laura is often literal in her quantifiers. Compared to the people/woman that Laura is talking to, they ARE kids. They are young. <shrug>
    Heh, I mean, I'm 35 and I refer to my fellow teammates at work who are in their mid/late 20's as kids, with zero disrespect intended. Perhaps its just a personal sensitivity? An implication of age equating to value/worth?

My question for my fellow fans: What word choice would be more ideal in Laura's line of dialogue? No changing of the sentence in any way, beyond substituting the word "kids". I'm curious if perhaps there really IS a "better" title to assign the kids.

I too miss Laura's formality and frequent lack of tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, me too.
    I didn't interpret her word choice as something diminishing or condescending. Laura is often literal in her quantifiers. Compared to the people/woman that Laura is talking to, they ARE kids. They are young. <shrug>
    More than least half of them should be Laura's about age, though. Armor's potentially older (and, like Pixie, has graduated beyond just being a student). Oye is maybe a year or two her junior. Which is where I think the annoyance comes in - it's a bit of a disconnect, especially after JDW has stated he doesn't like the notion of Laura being aged out of the junior league.

I'm not especially het up by the word choice myself, but I can see why it would be irritating, given how hard writers seem to work to forget everything the NXM crew have been through in favor of keeping them as wallpaper, when so many have them have seen more combat than most X-Men did before they joined up.

My question for my fellow fans: What word choice would be more ideal in Laura's line of dialogue? No changing of the sentence in any way, beyond substituting the word "kids". I'm curious if perhaps there really IS a "better" title to assign the kids.
    "The students", "the junior team", "the advanced class", "Megan and the others", etc.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-04-2018 at 05:00 AM.

seeing Runaways, Young Avengers, Champions, Young Justice, Teen Titans, and (seemingly) teen heroes, in general, getting some love. y'all expecting anything from the NYCC X-Panel tomorrow?

BANNED

seeing Runaways, Young Avengers, Champions, Young Justice, Teen Titans, and (seemingly) teen heroes, in general, getting some love. y'all expecting anything from the NYCC X-Panel tomorrow?
    Nope. If only because keeping my expectations low means less chance of being disappointed.

That said, I'd HOPE for the New X-Men to finally be an official team again with their own book. With X and Hellion co-leading the squad.

But I'm not EXPECTING anything.

Oh Charlie Brown, you're just going to keep going after that football no matter how many times Lucy pulls it away aren't you?