Page 199 of 231 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3451
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Honestly, of all the character pushes that never panned out- Pixie is the one I'm most bitter about. Pixie should not only have her own team now, but her own entire sub-franchise. I'm talking a Pixie solo, a Pixie and Logan limited series ("and Logan" would be on the cover, but in fine print so as to not detract from the book's REAL hero), let me get one of those Pixie and the X-Mens. Give her a dark and gritty makeover and let her relaunch X-Force. Give her a down-to-Earth, back-to-basics makeover and let her relaunch X-Factor. Put her in the centre of a film franchise. Make her an Avenger, a Defender, a Guardian of the Galaxy and then put her on lunchboxes and backpacks and a series of trading cards that have no other characters and are just different incarnations of our life and joy Pixie.
    I would buy all of those!!

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    There's no viable reason why they shouldn't be pushing Pixie. They decided years ago that she was one of the New X-Men they were going to use, they used her for years, and have now dropped her for no reason. It's ridiculous to spend that much time building a character to then cast them aside. Pixie should be on an actual team, she should have a distinctive uniform and, for God's sake, someone on the writing staff should learn that girl from the Welsh valleys isn't the same thing as Californian valley girl.
    Yeah, I love the New X-Men as a group and am re-reading their run as I've reached it in my chronological X-Men read/re-read but Pixie's chemistry with various teammates (especially Dazzler, but she's fun with more "hardcore" X-Men/X-Force types since she has an edge too) and her skillset make her so useful. Plus, she's just fun with her personality, which most X-teams could use. I'm a big Magik fan, but I feel like she took Pixie's slot as team teleporter/magic bladed mutant, and, while I also love Gabby, she's probably the "fun" X-Men character du jour.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Honestly, of all the character pushes that never panned out- Pixie is the one I'm most bitter about. Pixie should not only have her own team now, but her own entire sub-franchise. I'm talking a Pixie solo, a Pixie and Logan limited series ("and Logan" would be on the cover, but in fine print so as to not detract from the book's REAL hero), let me get one of those Pixie and the X-Mens. Give her a dark and gritty makeover and let her relaunch X-Force. Give her a down-to-Earth, back-to-basics makeover and let her relaunch X-Factor. Put her in the centre of a film franchise. Make her an Avenger, a Defender, a Guardian of the Galaxy and then put her on lunchboxes and backpacks and a series of trading cards that have no other characters and are just different incarnations of our life and joy Pixie.
    The way they just left Pixie after being center stage for ALL of Utopia. She seemed to be the team junior that Armor previously had, even on occasions kicked Prodigy, Surge, and Hellion out of their leadership roles to be the fave of the new generation. Gillen had her on the new "it team" with Generation Hope, which didn't work out too well. I really think that if Aaron would've given any actual attention to the Utopian refugees or had Pixie follow Scott to his new school in Bendis' run, then we might not be in this Pixie drought situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    There's no viable reason why they shouldn't be pushing Pixie. They decided years ago that she was one of the New X-Men they were going to use, they used her for years, and have now dropped her for no reason. It's ridiculous to spend that much time building a character to then cast them aside. Pixie should be on an actual team, she should have a distinctive uniform and, for God's sake, someone on the writing staff should learn that girl from the Welsh valleys isn't the same thing as Californian valley girl.
    Of course there is viable reason for why they aren't pushing Pixie for a short time she was getting the Jubilee, Kitty, Armor treatment which is young female Pov character in the X-men and they just moved on from it. Also She is functionally Nightcrawler and Magik both of them are around so there's bit of redundancy in using her if those two are around.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Of course there is viable reason for why they aren't pushing Pixie for a short time she was getting the Jubilee, Kitty, Armor treatment which is young female Pov character in the X-men and they just moved on from it. Also She is functionally Nightcrawler and Magik both of them are around so there's bit of redundancy in using her if those two are around.
    That's a very simplistic view of Pixie. She was a POV ingenue, and she had similar powers to Nightcrawler and Magik. However, she also has her own powers and personality which make her unique. This is the main problem with the New X-Men characters, everyone paints them into tidy little boxes and comparisons with the adult characters. That's not all they are. We have aspects of our parents but that doesn't make our parents redundant. Just because Pixie, and many of the New X-Men, haven't been written properly for years doesn't mean that they aren't still viable characters. They don't have to replace other characters to become headliners.

There aren't many British characters prominent amongst the X-Men, the most prominent of which has spent the majority of her life in the body of Japanese ninja. There are even less Welsh characters, which extends across the entire Marvel universe. Pixie's idyllic upbringing in the Welsh valleys made her sheltered and innocent, a life in America has made her damaged and jaded. That leaves a duality to her character. There aren't many characters as aesthetically unique or as bright as her. Her hallucinogenic pixie dust is a fun power and writers could lean into those to make her more unique. Beyond being a mutant and losing half of her soul in Limbo, Pixie also has mystical connections of her own in that she is actually a faerie. Folklore of the British and Irish Isles gives her a unique opportunity at having her own rogue's gallery. What's to stop her facing off against warring brownies, a menacing spriggan or travelling to the land of Annwn?

Which is why I say it's highly simplistic to say that Pixie offers nothing original on her own. She offers plenty as a character, plenty that won't detract from anyone else, but no writer at Marvel currently has the creativity to think beyond the variations of X-Men versus Magneto or the Purifiers or, as of one of the next issues, the Mutant Liberation Front. I've applied this to Pixie but any level of thought could do this for many of the characters in the stable.

Well said, Husk.

nothing like the first day back at work after a two week vacation xd
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Is one of the 10 page backup stories in Uncanny about Armor and Anole, or are they just appearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Is one of the 10 page backup stories in Uncanny about Armor and Anole, or are they just appearing?
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...854445572?s=20

Yeah, it's going to be centered on those two. Vic is joking around so maybe no one died in the crash or fighting the MLF.

Omg I'm really excited for that! Anole is a great team-up character (re Rockslide). Does he have his big arm there? I can't tell by the art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...854445572?s=20

Yeah, it's going to be centered on those two. Vic is joking around so maybe no one died in the crash or fighting the MLF.

It does say "features Anole and Armor", so maybe there'll be more characters in this backup story? Hard to squeeze people into a 10 page narrative, but since it isn't big enough for much development anyway, it'd be nice to see more of the New X-Men

spoilers:
    X-Men: Red #9: Nezhno awkwardly tries to ask Trinary out, but it's sooooooooo bad that Gabby asks Laura to intervene. Laura manages to be the one, romantically competent person in the room and hooks the two up. Or something close to that since all Trinary can say is "Oh."
    end of spoilers

I love the young X-men in Red! Too bad this quartet wont be staying together for long. Id love it if Gentle and Trinary made their way to X-23

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I knew if they grew out Hisako's hair someone would draw her too close to Laura.

I mean look at this Anka redesign of Laura...she looks like Hisako. Though Laura does pull off the orange and black well.

Also does anyone else find it off that Laura's the one being like "Girl, he likes you and dude man up and ask her out". Just me and Ambro?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.