Page 201 of 231 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    Maybe the events in Disassembled leads Surge to want to team up with the champions?
    or its more likely that Marvel''s continuity still sucks and characters will appear in multiple books regardless if it contradicts another appearance

SO depending on how well the Emma One shot is....Leah Williams might be our only hope for NXm appearances
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    SO depending on how well the Emma One shot is....Leah Williams might be our only hope for NXm appearances
    Or at least character development for Hellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Or at least character development for Hellion.
    I don't really see how someone could like Hellion and not like the rest of the NXM and wanting to give them development.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I don't really see how someone could like Hellion and not like the rest of the NXM and wanting to give them development.
    Depends on why a writer likes a character. For example, if what draws Williams most to Hellion is his importance to Emma, then the other NXM may not really be on her radar. Or maybe she's just interested in the remaining Hellions for the same reason, and not so much remaining members of the other squads. We'd have to see.

I DO NOT mean to disrespect the X-Men because I love love love them but I would also LOVE LOVE LOVE it if Emma started her own super elite, super rad, suuuuuuuper pristine, classy legit academy all her own and some of the X-youths switched schools and got swank ass white uniforms and it was glorious and they NEVER GOT ATTACKED.

Ever.

And they just showed up from time to time stealing the glory from some of the X-men's missions and general mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I DO NOT mean to disrespect the X-Men because I love love love them but I would also LOVE LOVE LOVE it if Emma started her own super elite, super rad, suuuuuuuper pristine, classy legit academy all her own and some of the X-youths switched schools and got swank ass white uniforms and it was glorious and they NEVER GOT ATTACKED.

Ever.

And they just showed up from time to time stealing the glory from some of the X-men's missions and general mayhem.
    The Massachusetts Academy 2: Mutant Boogaloo?

Oh, no. Someone should attempt to attack the school and get shut down approximately a nanosecond after setting foot on the lawn. The former Xavierites are amazed.

"It's called a 'security system', darlings. The X-Men should really look into getting one."

The Massachusetts Academy 2: Mutant Boogaloo?
    Did Emma's Mass Ac EVER get attacked?

I mean..... aside from the horrendous tragedy that was the Fitzroy attack...and was that even AT the Hellfire Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh, no. Someone should attempt to attack the school and get shut down approximately a nanosecond after setting foot on the lawn. The former Xavierites are amazed.

"It's called a 'security system', darlings. The X-Men should really look into getting one."

YAAAAAAAAS baby YAAAAAAAAAAS!!! Like a friggin laser fence beams out of the perfectly trimmed lawn at the gates and just waffle shreds the assailant.

Mama Bear is giving ZERO fux and taking even less chances on her cubs safety this time around
    Last edited by Fokken; 10-30-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    or its more likely that Marvel''s continuity still sucks and characters will appear in multiple books regardless if it contradicts another appearance
    I have come to conclude that comic book continuity is extremely flexible.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

No offense but I'm not really interested in a posh, elite boarding school. It just reeks of classism and privilege. I love Emma and her whole attitude, but emulating it for a whole group (beyond the already existing Stepford Cuckoos) seems like asking to make them into a one-note group of strawmen antagonists and bullies.

It's part of why I like the concept of the Madripoor school so much more. The slums of Madripoor are a more interesting setting than just another school in New York state, it allows for the students to have urban adventures and regular superheroics in a city that isn't already crawling with heroes. Plus as an international location it allows for a more diverse supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    No offense but I'm not really interested in a posh, elite boarding school. It just reeks of classism and privilege. I love Emma and her whole attitude, but emulating it for a whole group (beyond the already existing Stepford Cuckoos) seems like asking to make them into a one-note group of strawmen antagonists and bullies.

It's part of why I like the concept of the Madripoor school so much more. The slums of Madripoor are a more interesting setting than just another school in New York state, it allows for the students to have urban adventures and regular superheroics in a city that isn't already crawling with heroes. Plus as an international location it allows for a more diverse supporting cast.
    Emma and Polaris running the Madripoor school to emphasise survival (and thriving by using your gifts) would certainly provide opportunities for Emma to live her life in the manner she's accustomed to in High Town while incorporating/addressing the points you mention. Plus, there's a kind of The Gifted tie-in there too, as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

There's been this idea in my head running around of Emma becoming Queen of Madripoor and starring in more of a political thriller/intrigue book than your standard action hero book

remember when the X-Men sensibly put a Shi'Ar defense system in place so masked killers couldn't come onto school property and mutilate/kill the students?

Hellion, Rockslide, Armor, Gentle, X-23, and Glob are in Extermination #4, mostly as cameos and supporting roles. Actually, this is the first well-written Nezhno in a while, but I hope whatever Brisson was doing with Laura's voice doesn't continue into Disassembled.