Page 206 of 231 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'll be in my bunker.
    I'll get the popcorn.

I think odds are she might be blowing it out of proportion, but at the end of the day one line of dialogue isn't going to be the end of the world. Maybe the joke is bad and feel out of character.

Whether we like it or not X-23's collective relationship with the NXM has been rocky and sometimes murky. Even though she's apart of the NXM there are times where she feels so removed from them as well. Kinda like Kitty is with the New Mutants.

We'll find out tomorrow, but i do think this might a mountain out of a molehill situation
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bunker have wifi?
    Dont forget plumbing , also how would you get the comic if you in a bunker ?

spoilers:
    With some spoilers for Uncanny X-Men #1, looks like Hisako's squad may team up with the MLF. Stopping a mutant vaccine from potentially being made.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    With some spoilers for Uncanny X-Men #1, looks like Hisako's squad may team up with the MLF. Stopping a mutant vaccine from potentially being made.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably not going to happen, though its worth noting that Hisako's position on this issue might be worth investigating. Considering her best friend killed himself after being forcefully injected with a "cure" to mutants, it's actually interesting which side on this issue she'd pick.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think odds are she might be blowing it out of proportion, but at the end of the day one line of dialogue isn't going to be the end of the world. Maybe the joke is bad and feel out of character.

Whether we like it or not X-23's collective relationship with the NXM has been rocky and sometimes murky. Even though she's apart of the NXM there are times where she feels so removed from them as well. Kinda like Kitty is with the New Mutants.

We'll find out tomorrow, but i do think this might a mountain out of a molehill situation
    That is one of the strongest parallels I've read in a long time, Big G.
    Brilliant even! Laura is to the New X-Men, as Kitty is to the New Mutants. Although in the same age bracket, they are respectively treated as "senior" in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    spoilers:
    Probably not going to happen, though its worth noting that Hisako's position on this issue might be worth investigating. Considering her best friend killed himself after being forcefully injected with a "cure" to mutants, it's actually interesting which side on this issue she'd pick.
    end of spoilers
    omg heaven help me if this doesn't come up! Please please please!
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Plus, for Santo, Vic, Megan, and Hisako, depowering mutants indirectly got most of their friends killed. A cure doing the same thing could trigger some of those painful memories.
    end of spoilers

Meh. I'll get UXM 1. Just to see it out.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

spoilers:
    Nice showing overall for the junior X-Men in UXM#1. There are definitely some rumblings of discontent among the younger ranks.We'll see if the writers take it seriously in the long term and this turns into a "the senior team knows best" thread, or if it spins into something bigger. But it's an interesting note of conflict in the meantime. And yeah, I think KT made a bit much of the joke. It was no big in context.

Oh, yes. And none of them die. Oye and Anole are just badly hurt in the crash.

Only complaint is that they forgot that Anole has a healing factor. I don't even know if they recall that the kid has powers beyond looking weird judging on how he got used in the main story and the back-up. Oh, well.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    Nice showing overall for the junior X-Men in UXM#1. There are definitely some rumblings of discontent among the younger ranks.We'll see if the writers take it seriously in the long term and this turns into a "the senior team knows best" thread, or if it spins into something bigger. But it's an interesting note of conflict in the meantime. And yeah, I think KT made a bit much of the joke. It was no big in context.

Oh, yes. And none of them die. Oye and Anole are just badly hurt in the crash.

Only complaint is that they forgot that Anole has a healing factor. I don't even know if they recall that the kid has powers beyond looking weird judging on how he got used in the main story and the back-up. Oh, well.
    end of spoilers
    UNCANNY X-MEN #1 SPOILERS
    spoilers:
    Yeahhhh, the Anole thing was dumb. His main power is that he is regenerative, but considering he isn't drawn with his 'monster arm', maybe we're supposed to forget that? But the voices were on point, it's been a while since we've gotten that disillusioned Victor. Ever since Schism, I always felt they nuetered Vic by making him leave Utopia to be a pacifist at Logan's school. Seeing him be the main voice of "these X-Men screwed us over, after all we've done for them" is soooooooooooo cathartic! My only complaint besides the Oya/Anole thing is that I wish we saw the kids, esp Santo, be more concerned for Vic.
    end of spoilers

AGE OF X-MAN SPOILERS:
    spoilers:
    ALSO, on the Secrets of Uncanny X-Men #1, the titles for the Age of X-Man are revealed. We've got:

-Marvelous X-Men #1
    -NextGen #1
    -The Amazing Nightcrawler #1
    -The X-Tremists #1
    -Prisoner X #1
    -Apocalypse & the X-Tracts #1
    end of spoilers

UNCANNY X-MEN #1 SPOILERS
    spoilers:
    Yeahhhh, the Anole thing was dumb. His main power is that he is regenerative, but considering he isn't drawn with his 'monster arm', maybe we're supposed to forget that? But the voices were on point, it's been a while since we've gotten that disillusioned Victor. Ever since Schism, I always felt they nuetered Vic by making him leave Utopia to be a pacifist at Logan's school. Seeing him be the main voice of "these X-Men screwed us over, after all we've done for them" is soooooooooooo cathartic! My only complaint besides the Oya/Anole thing is that I wish we saw the kids, esp Santo, be more concerned for Vic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really do hope this is one of the main issues being explored during this event. Turn the entire "Why are these kids who've been fighting by the X-men's side for years only used as wallpaper" meta narretive that we've been complaining about for so long issue into the actual Narretive of a story.

If nothing else, the fact that Armor at least admits that the MLF made a sensible point about the cure makes me happy. I've said before that it would make sense for her to be opposed to such things following Wing's death.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    spoilers:
    And yeah, I think KT made a bit much of the joke. It was no big in context.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was so subtle I didn't even notice a joke. Unless it was the bit about Laura calling them trainees which...really? I'd expect her to be SUPPORTING the NXM, because even if they haven't been through the hell she has (and frankly, about the only characters at Marvel you can make an argument for having comparable backgrounds are Logan himself, Nat, and Dom. Probably Gamora) she's first-hand aware of what they HAVE been through and are capable of.

She needs to be called out by the other NXM on this.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I really do hope this is one of the main issues being explored during this event. Turn the entire "Why are these kids who've been fighting by the X-men's side for years only used as wallpaper" meta narretive that we've been complaining about for so long issue into the actual Narretive of a story.

If nothing else, the fact that Armor at least admits that the MLF made a sensible point about the cure makes me happy. I've said before that it would make sense for her to be opposed to such things following Wing's death.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And Glob as well. I wonder if I might like Glob by the end of this. But yeah, I'm guessing Hisako gets annoyed and the team decide to track the MLF or investigate the cure some way. And that may end up with them ultimately being transformed, which may lead to NextGen. But if Anole and Armor don't end up being promoted (as they have been several times already) or leaving the X-Men, then I feel their role in the story would be for nothing.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And Glob as well. I wonder if I might like Glob by the end of this. But yeah, I'm guessing Hisako gets annoyed and the team decide to track the MLF or investigate the cure some way. And that may end up with them ultimately being transformed, which may lead to NextGen. But if Anole and Armor don't end up being promoted (as they have been several times already) or leaving the X-Men, then I feel their role in the story would be for nothing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    To be fair, the entirety of their part in that 3 arc storyline can basically be summed up with "The kids are getting fed up", so I'm hoping this is where it all leads to.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    To be fair, the entirety of their part in that 3 arc storyline can basically be summed up with "The kids are getting fed up", so I'm hoping this is where it all leads to.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Supposedly it is from what KT and the other writers have been talking about. The problem is I highly doubt Editorial will actually make good on it AFTER the event. As Tycon said, Anole and Armor have been promoted to full status SEVERAL times and it's never stuck.
    end of spoilers