Page 229 of 231 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3451

I like that the four kids getting focus aren't being treated homogeneously anymore. Armor and Glob vs Pixie and Rockslide is more interesting than Armor speaking on behalf of the students all the time.

The Vic thing was jarring and took me out of the fight though. Twitter isn't helping lol

I think the saddest thing about this is that EXM had a (filler) issue of the students actually going around places and seeing the gradual changes they go through.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    When Hisako wanted to kill Danger to death, she sliced her up with faux Logan claws.

Yeah, but she never actually used it against a living creature in battle (Danger can just reroute whatever you cut off, which Armor was already aware of from Whedon's run).
    having her use it in regular combat is unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I think the saddest thing about this is that EXM had a (filler) issue of the students actually going around places and seeing the gradual changes they go through.
    The best idea in EXM is just the concept of a world of Iron AIs that enact Papa Tony's will and they blew it on a insignificant beat.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Is Pixie's repeated head trauma in Disassembled a comment on her no longer wearing a helmet?

Bleh.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...41839234678785

OooOoOOOOoohhh, "Vic" is his nickname, I remember now. It was in one of those stories to be told.
    I don't even...

Are they REALLY not even going to admit when they just flat-out make an error anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't even...

Are they REALLY not even going to admit when they just flat-out make an error anymore?
    Well, this IS the Age of Apocalypse - maybe that's what he's called there XD

I don't even...

KT tends to, iirc. Ditto Taylor. Rosenberg probably thought that was more clever than just saying "Oops, my bad." But yeah, when no one in the writing trio even notices when others are getting names wrong, it does make me concerned for what we're going to get in NextGen.

I don't even...

It's wild, because, firstly, wouldn't Vaccarro become "Vac" or "Vax"? Secondly, "Santo" is already a catchy name! He doesn't need a nickname - and Rocky is right there ahead of... Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    KT tends to, iirc. Ditto Taylor. Rosenberg probably thought that was more clever than just saying "Oops, my bad." But yeah, when no one in the writing trio even notices when others are getting names wrong, it does make me concerned for what we're going to get in NextGen.
    I don't know - Whoever handled the Rockslide Writting in issue 1 was fairly on the spot.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...41839234678785

OooOoOOOOoohhh, "Vic" is his nickname, I remember now. It was in one of those stories to be told.
    smfh.

I keep telling you guys don't take him seriously. Enjoy your shortened life spans.

Also I had to Google Rockslide's civilian name. Thanks, Marvel.

When I said we should all just ignore that EXM ever happened, this is not what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    DIdn't Armor make armor claws like at the end of the Whedon Astonishing run? Can't remember if she did it for the Ellis/Pak run.

THat's a random nickname.
    When Hisako wanted to kill Danger to death, she sliced her up with faux Logan claws.
    That's what I meant. It's not really anything new for her. This isn't a change in her powers.

just @ mention all of the writers and JDW and say "great job on the issue vic"

im so petty right now...if they use this as an excuse to say that the new xmen can't hold a series or mini series ill be annoyed

if squirrel girl can have her own series. the new xmen can too

no one was asking for Brissons Glob fan wank or Armor in the role of the actual new xmen kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's what I meant. It's not really anything new for her. This isn't a change in her powers.
    None of them really are, except apparently Santo.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Yeah, but she never actually used it against a living creature in battle (Danger can just reroute whatever you cut off, which Armor was already aware of from Whedon's run).
    having her use it in regular combat is unusual.
    I was just helping point out that Armor, Pixie, Glob, and Rockslide haven’t had their mutations altered like Rosenberg states. Pixie’s been shown to be able to switch her wings depending on how her mental and/or emotional state is; so her having bat wings isn’t an excuse to give Santo a throat. Armor in different universes has different styles that she uses for her psionic energy. In the Ultimate Universe, Armor tends to become animals whereas Hisako in the 616 just turns it into traditional armor. Glob’s always been able to catch (and stay) on fire and he’s always been a bruiser. There is not enough of a difference for us to assume that Santo was supposed to have just developed a weakness on the spot. It makes no sense and is just another lazy excuse to make up for not knowing basic knowledge on the character you’re supposed to be writing about.

Glad to see this article, for what it's worth: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-newest-mu...-uncanny-xmen/