Page 3 of 231 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I regret not having Sofia (Wind Dancer) in that commission.
    I think it's flawless the way it is
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So I just got back from watching ASMII and saw the DOFP tease....and it looks like they put fucking Ink in the movie...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Sounds like a movie-verse thing to do... tats are hip and edgy, cuz.

Believes in Cyclops

Too bad they're currently being pushed out of the spotlight by Jason Aaron's Quentin and Friends.

Psshhh

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So I just got back from watching ASMII and saw the DOFP tease....and it looks like they put fucking Ink in the movie...
    Ink was a bad idea from the start. He could give himself any new power (including a faux phoenix force) without limit anytime he wanted by going to a mutant tattoo artist. He's one of those ideas that should be relegated to obscurity and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakael View Post
    Sounds like a movie-verse thing to do... tats are hip and edgy, cuz.
    Ready for the draft Hak?

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

My favorite thread! If anyone sees affordable NXM trades online, please share so we can start out-bidding each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    My favorite thread! If anyone sees affordable NXM trades online, please share so we can start out-bidding each other.
    I think Amazon might have Childhood's End Vol. 2 for a reasonable price. I was able to pick it up for under $20 a couple weeks ago.

Damn that commission makes me wish that NXM kids would get their own book... I don't care about Aaron or Bendis creations. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    REALLY?! For ****'s sake!
    Then again I'm not sure if I should be too upset that NXM kids aren't in the movies... It's not necessarily a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by idiyona View Post
    Ink was a bad idea from the start. He could give himself any new power (including a faux phoenix force) without limit anytime he wanted by going to a mutant tattoo artist. He's one of those ideas that should be relegated to obscurity and forgotten.
    It seems like an interesting idea at first but when you start to think about it a bit you realize how impossible it'll be to make that work.

It seemed like all three new characters from YXM were either weirdly powered or overpowered (or both). Ink's was a power of the sort that made it just a matter of time before he got written out or went villain.

Anole by Rey Arzeno

We really need to cut off his other arm
    And give him a secondary mutation of solar absorption and solar blasts.
    Like Havok but better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It seemed like all three new characters from YXM were either weirdly powered or overpowered (or both). Ink's was a power of the sort that made it just a matter of time before he got written out or went villain.
    It's why I can't stand Cipher either. Just to retcon her having been there all along she was made invisible, intangible, able to fly, unable to be heard, and even unable to be detected by psychic powers. Why they brought her back is a mystery to me.

It's why I can't stand Cipher either. Just to retcon her having been there all along she was made invisible, intangible, able to fly, unable to be heard, and even unable to be detected by psychic powers. Why they brought her back is a mystery to me.
    Dreadlocks, it's all about the dreads

It should be pretty easy to put a limit on her powers if some writer wants to use her. It's not as if there's a lot of backstory to retcon

I was posting these in the last NXM thread, so I guess I'll put them back up here.

First page of "Mutatis Mutandis" a New X-Men short by averagexmendrawings/graconius and yours truly. The entire thing can be seen here.