Page 51 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Inside Pulse did a retro-review of the whole Weir/DeFillipis New Mutants run recently.

I still feel like Christina and Nunzio got a bit shafted by editorial interference. I'd like to see them get another crack at writing the NXM some day.

FINALLY Dust is back with a speaking role in X-Men Gold #7. Technically, you could count Gen X #3 but it was a flashback. A bit problematic that she knew what type of bomb the serial killer had, but loved the little convo between her and Santo. And once again, Anole looks like his first appearance because Apocalypse Wars and the trip to Limbo never happened. And during the baseball scene, a slew of NX-Men kids appeared.

Anyone find it weird that Surge is one of the only ones that isn't seen prominently even though she was supposed to be a leader? She should quit the school and join the Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    DAMN.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    i've been tweeting @MarkPaniccia every monday about the NXM kids for a few weeks now, but am goin away and might not be able to keep it up this week !! Does someone want to volunteer themselves for this noble cause

((ye nothing will come of it but i like the idea that someone in the x-editor's office at least has to check their notifications and see the best x-kids))
    We got you.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    FINALLY Dust is back with a speaking role in X-Men Gold #7. Technically, you could count Gen X #3 but it was a flashback. A bit problematic that she knew what type of bomb the serial killer had, but loved the little convo between her and Santo. And once again, Anole looks like his first appearance because Apocalypse Wars and the trip to Limbo never happened. And during the baseball scene, a slew of NX-Men kids appeared.
    I'm OK with that, tbh. Lemire handwaved off Victor getting horrifically injured and undergoing another unwilling body modification. If he couldn't be arsed to do the actual character development that should have gone with it, then I'm fine with pretending it never happened. I really disliked the Godzilla jr look anyway.

Amazing Member

Chernobog or Belbog, the slavic gods, would be an awesome codename.

I'm OK with that, tbh. Lemire handwaved off Victor getting horrifically injured and undergoing another unwilling body modification. If he couldn't be arsed to do the actual character development that should have gone with it, then I'm fine with pretending it never happened. I really disliked the Godzilla jr look anyway.
    Yeah but not only did his "dragon form" from Lemire's run get ignored, but he's practically back to the basics. Not even his other arm looks different. The very least they can do is not ignore the Yost/Kyle run.

Anyone find it weird that Surge is one of the only ones that isn't seen prominently even though she was supposed to be a leader? She should quit the school and join the Champions.

I Agree 1000% she should join the champions if they removed Scott from the team(most likely going to happen since he is on blue) she should be replacement leader and get one more chance to right the wrongs she had

Yeah but not only did his "dragon form" from Lemire's run get ignored, but he's practically back to the basics. Not even his other arm looks different. The very least they can do is not ignore the Yost/Kyle run.

This is my first time seeing this page and it's grotesque. I wish Marvel were done with fridging students.

The worst part about it is how callously the senior X-men accept the loss, the characters are just forgotten about. The only X-Men I can think of that was seriously hurt by students deaths was Emma Frost. How messed up is it that Emma is the only one who actually cares.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    I Agree 1000% she should join the champions if they removed Scott from the team(most likely going to happen since he is on blue) she should be replacement leader and get one more chance to right the wrongs she had
    It's pretty funny cause when you think about it, she'd be the more qualified leader out of the two. Plus, she's way older.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    This is my first time seeing this page and it's grotesque. I wish Marvel were done with fridging students.

The worst part about it is how callously the senior X-men accept the loss, the characters are just forgotten about. The only X-Men I can think of that was seriously hurt by students deaths was Emma Frost. How messed up is it that Emma is the only one who actually cares.
    Kitty's response can be summed up as: "Golly gee, not another one! Hey Anole, I know this could have potentially been your friend, but can you not go around telling the other kids there's a LOOSE KILLER IN THE MANSION. kthxbai." *sees Oscar* "****."

Uncle Guggy's Kitty is a hardass, "no quarter asked nor given" kind of leader who's lost all sense of the word "unclench". Even Scott, at his most radical, was funny and comical.

I remember that powerful scene between Emma and Carol where you can really see just how bad it's affected her. I always get drawn back to this scene in X-Men Legacy whenever I see modern day X-students getting killed:

Guggenheim went for empty shock-value deaths the last time he had his hands on the X-Kids too.

That's some nice work.

But, what are Transonic's actual powers? Does her body morph to make her move faster in certain environments?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

It's pretty funny cause when you think about it, she'd be the more qualified leader out of the two. Plus, she's way older.

Ya Surge is 17 , Kamala is 16 i think, nova might be 15 or 16, Miles is 17 so she would be around the same age as the big three on the Champions and i truly feel Kamala needs more female super hero friends her age and who knows maybe becoming friends with surge would lead to Kamala meeting Dust some where down the line.

It baffles me why Marvel don't use the New X-Men to their full potential.
    They have so many characters at their disposal - Dust, Surge, X-23, Hellion, Anole, Mercury that have just been wallpaper for the last few years.

WAKE UP Marvel. A great writer with bags of imagination can make an A-Class book, they have a whole toybox of unused x-teens to use that we would chuck our money at to read.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Actually in character. Kitty looks out only for Kitty. She learned it all from mama 'ro.

Guggenheim went for empty shock-value deaths the last time he had his hands on the X-Kids too.
    *sniff* Poor Wolf-Cub.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That's some nice work.

But, what are Transonic's actual powers? Does her body morph to make her move faster in certain environments?
    Her powers include:
    Superhuman Speed
    Flight: She can fly at supersonic speeds.
    Shifting Crystal Skin: Transonic has blue crystalline/scaly skin that possesses reactive properties that change her physical form to grant enhanced maneuverability and/or speed. In a controlled setting, Laurie morphed under high winds and changed consistency, when she flew into the skies with Idie she underwent a remarkable transformation which had her gain more physical characteristics, her body changed shape to become larger and winged (resembling a flying fish) when traveling at high altitudes for more maneuverability and became missile-shaped when traveling at high speeds to become more aerodynamic, though this did not last for long as she had to go back down again.

*pasted straight from Marvel Wikia

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    Ya Surge is 17 , Kamala is 16 i think, nova might be 15 or 16, Miles is 17 so she would be around the same age as the big three on the Champions and i truly feel Kamala needs more female super hero friends her age and who knows maybe becoming friends with surge would lead to Kamala meeting Dust some where down the line.
    She should be 19 or 20 by now. She was initially 17 at the start. A year had passed during the New X-Men run, so she'd be 18. A lot of time had passed before the 8-month timeskip in Time Runs Out, so she might still be either 18 or 19. But, after Secret Wars, there is another eight-month timeskip so she'd be around 19-20 years old.

*sniff* Poor Wolf-Cub.

She should be 19 or 20 by now. She was initially 17 at the start. A year had passed during the New X-Men run, so she'd be 18. A lot of time had passed before the 8-month timeskip in Time Runs Out, so she might still be either 18 or 19. But, after Secret Wars, there is another eight-month timeskip so she'd be around 19-20 years old.
    depends on if Marvel wants to age her with the slide timeline and all..