Page 55 of 231 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Surge. But Laura is definitely a tempting one.

Antagonists, at least for the first few arcs, would be the Sisterhood of Mutants, New Marauders, Bastion, and (thx Dthirds3) Penny Newson.
    what about the hellfire club kids/teens? pretty sure they were in the Thor ongoing well at least one of them(Wilhelmina Kensington) it would be (The Eighth Inner Circle)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I read pretty much the entire run and was unaware that Surge had powers other than 'snap at others,' 'rush to judgment' and 'shoot lightning.' I found out by reading online that she also had super-speed, which, had it been used more during the New X-Men run, I probably would have liked more (then again, maybe not, maybe I just would have thought she was a cheap Jolt knock-off...). Like Rockslide and Mercury (who I'm also not huge fans of), I'm fine with her being present and even getting some focus, but *everybody* can't be my favorites!

But I will not budge on Jay Guthrie. I'm glad he's dead! Glad I say!

(Also not really in a rush to see Wither again. Whiny 'I can't touch no one without hurting them!' angst is so '80's. Not even if he affected a southern accent, had a skunk-lock and started dating Gambit, would I like him.)
    Surge was the leader but it was a failure the first time around, if Hellion is on the team him and X-23 would be the best fit for leader.. again i feel Surge needs to learn more before she becomes the full team leader of an x-men team

all of them in a 12 issue maxi series.

IMG_7480.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

IMG_7480.jpg
    OMG who is that artist? And I love that lineup (just get rid of Quire and add Nezhno & Prodigy). This is what I would've expected from a SDCC panel about the X-Men. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    what about the hellfire club kids/teens? pretty sure they were in the Thor ongoing well at least one of them(Wilhelmina Kensington) it would be (The Eighth Inner Circle)
    Heeeeellllll no. I'm disappointed they're even coming back in Gen X.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Heeeeellllll no. I'm disappointed they're even coming back in Gen X.
    why do you not like them?

Astonishing Member

It's not what you'd think of when you her generation x it should have been called jubilee and the x men. Its also not the cast that fans wantes we want the new X-Men not what ever you call the current cast. Its not the book we were expected

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It's not what you'd think of when you her generation x it should have been called jubilee and the x men. Its also not the cast that fans wantes we want the new X-Men not what ever you call the current cast. Its not the book we were expected
    Tycon said hell no to those teen age/kids hellfire club members coming back.

Well, for one, I was highly disturbed that they were kids taking over the Hellfire Club. A high society, freaky S&M club filled with men, women and everyone between dressed in spaghetti straps. Wouldn't want a kid anywhere near that even if it's 'reinventing the idea of the HF Club'. The legacy still sticks. Second, GOD those kids were unlikeable. The only one I could KIND of tolerate was the crazy girl (imagine if she was the one killing students in the Secret Empire Gold tie-in instead of some new character). Also the White King was "alright".

Ultimate Member

IMG_7480.jpg
    I'd rather stick to the New X-Men generation of characters, like Hellion, Dust, Surge, Loa, Trance, Rockslide, Anole, Indra, Bling!, Mercury, Wolf Cub, Match, Gentle, Pixie, Prodigy, etc.

Kid Gladiator, Kid Krakoa, Kid Omega/Quentin Quire, Kid Brood, Ernst, No-Girl, Glob Herman, etc. have quite a different aesthetic, and, IMO, don't really mesh well with the New X-Men.

Although I might be willing to have Slick return, grown into the man he would have been if he hadn't been a mutant (thanks to the Decimation and losing his powers), but regaining his powers along with everyone else (thanks to Hope/Phoenix/Wanda), just to annoy Quentin.

I really wish Anole had a secondary mutation that was offensive. Like the power to absorb the suns energy and redirect it as energy blasts.

I really wish Anole had a secondary mutation that was offensive. Like the power to absorb the suns energy and redirect it as energy blasts.
    That just seems like a...really odd thing for Anole to have.

I think his camo works fine. It's not necessarily offensive, but neither is Dazzlers and look at Black Bolts face when he found that out. He has hand to hand training, he has superhero experience, he can make his camo powers work offensively. If he wanted to.

Ultimate Member

Something more like a lizard power, like a venomous bite, might make more sense, thematically.

(Granted, Sauron is a life-draining were-pterodactyl with mind control powers, so it's not like your appearance necessarily has anything to do with your powers, but I like the idea of Anole sticking to a reptilian theme with his abilities.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd rather stick to the New X-Men generation of characters, like Hellion, Dust, Surge, Loa, Trance, Rockslide, Anole, Indra, Bling!, Mercury, Wolf Cub, Match, Gentle, Pixie, Prodigy, etc.

Kid Gladiator, Kid Krakoa, Kid Omega/Quentin Quire, Kid Brood, Ernst, No-Girl, Glob Herman, etc. have quite a different aesthetic, and, IMO, don't really mesh well with the New X-Men.

Although I might be willing to have Slick return, grown into the man he would have been if he hadn't been a mutant (thanks to the Decimation and losing his powers), but regaining his powers along with everyone else (thanks to Hope/Phoenix/Wanda), just to annoy Quentin.
    Eh I like the Cuckoos interacting with them and I think there's a lot of potential with Quire and Hellion interaction since they both have strong egos. For the rest I would agree, aside from humorous Glob cameos.

Although I think there's a lot of potential in having the newer classes, I.e. Sprite, Eye-Boy etc have honest interactions with the NXM. These are the kids who think the X-Men are so cool and want to be heroes, while the NXM once felt that way and learned the hard way that they can't count on the X-Men and being heroes isn't as glamorous as they hoped. There's story there, just won't ever be told by Marvel I'm sure.

BANNED

If Anole were to get another offensive power, I would suggest being able to spit or secrete some form of poison/toxin.

I'd say most of the kids from the Academy X era are very different to those capitalised from Wolverine & the X-Mem onwards. There are only a handful of characters that I think could gel together, primarily the Lights (Oya, Transonic, Velocidad & Primal) but also the kids from the pages of Uncanny X-Men (Triage, Tempus etc.). Figuring out the perfect cast from this bunch is very difficult. And I think it'd also be valuable to create new young Mutants with a fresh perspective and powerset. Only time will tell if that's something that can be achieved.

Also, is there anyone else here who really likes Trance, Gentle or Indra? They're acknowledged even less than the others, but I think they're strong individualised characters, and I'd love to see them get some time to shine.