Page 6 of 177 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 2651
  1. #76
    Spectacular Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by javi150190 View Post
    If there's ever a X-23 centric movie, THEY HAVE to get Yuki Kajura composing somehow.
    Haha, that anime was funny in an unintentional sort of way.

  2. #77
    Spectacular Member mercuryfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Awesome list (though I disagree about "mostly background" in Young X-men, he was awesome and took no guff in that). Could I link it to the Marvel LGBT characters in the Marvel forum?
    http://community.comicbookresources....s-Appreciation


    hey i found 1 good thing about young x men

    dust to damned sound like a horror b movie

  3. #78
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryfan View Post
    hey i found 1 good thing about young x men

    dust to damned sound like a horror b movie
    If that's the first time you've seen that Young X Men scan you should definitely check out the series, the second arc is really strong.

  4. #79
    Spectacular Member mercuryfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    If that's the first time you've seen that Young X Men scan you should definitely check out the series, the second arc is really strong.
    nah i realy dont want too see evil almost naked dust again

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Awesome list (though I disagree about "mostly background" in Young X-men, he was awesome and took no guff in that). Could I link it to the Marvel LGBT characters in the Marvel forum?
    Sure, go for it.

    I guess we'll have to disagree. He got more panel time and dialogue than usual, definitely, but I felt like he and Rockslide were mostly in the background compared to Dust and the new kids.

    This Week's Comics: Manifest Destiny #36, Wicked + Divine #37 & 38, Extermination #1

  6. #81
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    If that's the first time you've seen that Young X Men scan you should definitely check out the series, the second arc is really strong.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH! The series gets too much hate, Dust, Anole and Rockslide were great, and the future arc is indeed strong. The scenes between Dust/Pierce were brilliant.



    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryfan View Post
    nah i realy dont want too see evil almost naked dust again
    Almost naked??? She's wearing far more clothes than Anole, and more than Iceman ever wears.


  7. #82
    Spectacular Member mercuryfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH! The series gets too much hate, Dust, Anole and Rockslide were great, and the future arc is indeed strong. The scenes between Dust/Pierce were brilliant.




    Almost naked??? She's wearing far more clothes than Anole, and more than Iceman ever wears.

    ok she wear slighty more clothes than i rember. stil not a fan of this plot twist

  8. #83
    Just a Host. Cold Water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,937

    Default

    Just started reading New X-Men (Academy X) yesterday. I am only getting ready to start #4.

    I already cannot remember anyone's code/mutant name. Except for, like, maybe 5 of them. HOWEVER, I can remember their first names.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

  9. #84
    Spectacular Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    213

    Default

    ^ some issues of academy x are rly boring. Like the Prodigy dream scenerio.

  10. #85
    Just a Host. Cold Water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,937

    Default

    I only have # 1-15 in singles. If I am hooked on the characters by #15, I will order more.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

  11. #86
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Just started reading New X-Men (Academy X) yesterday. I am only getting ready to start #4.

    I already cannot remember anyone's code/mutant name. Except for, like, maybe 5 of them. HOWEVER, I can remember their first names.
    The great New X-men run by Kyle&Yost will wittle the cast down to a core group. Basically remember Surge, Anole, Prodigy and everyone who's a Hellion.

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    ^ some issues of academy x are rly boring. Like the Prodigy dream scenerio.
    That wasn't my favourite arc, agreed. Would have been more powerful as a "one-and-done" story. Prodigy shines in New X-men (by Kyle&Yost) and Young Avengers.

  12. #87
    Spectacular Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    213

    Default

    OK. I would recommend you try 20 and up and skip the Mday tie ins if your still up for it.

  13. #88
    Just a Host. Cold Water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    The great New X-men run by Kyle&Yost will wittle the cast down to a core group. Basically remember Surge, Anole, Prodigy and everyone who's a Hellion.
    What happens to Wallflower? And dude that heals (Josh Cannotrememberhismutantname)??? And Sofia who causes wind (or something)????
    DO THEY KILL THEM????
    BECAUSE I LIKE THOSE THREE. D@MMIT. D@MMIT ALL. *sadface*


    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    That wasn't my favourite arc, agreed. Would have been more powerful as a "one-and-done" story. Prodigy shines in New X-men (by Kyle&Yost) and Young Avengers.
    I have to read the last YA series. Heinberg's was AMAZING, though. My son made me read it.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

  14. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Thank goodness I picked up this series in singular issues when it first came out, series is harder than hell to find in Trade paperback now.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 06-03-2014 at 08:45 AM.

  15. #90
    Junior Member javi150190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Buin. Santiago de Chile
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Haha, that anime was funny in an unintentional sort of way.
    Funny? HOW?

    Anyway, a movie focusing on her would also have to be pretty small in scale. Make the stakes personal.
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

    “When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

    MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •