Page 63 of 231 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I've been giving X-Factor Investigations a lot of thought and I'm trying to imagine what it'd look like if some of the younger mutants were to take on this role. I like the idea of Bishop or somebody training them to become a CSI oriented mutant team. It's intriguing to me. They could do PI work too. Just the whole concept and their unique powers seem really cool. I can't imagine any case this group woouldn't be able to solve. Maybe this could be set up as extracurricular for the JGS students, spending time training with Morrigan/Siryn, Strong Guy, Rictor etc.

Prodigy: genius level intellect
    Hindsight: his abilities allow him to pick up on memories and such
    Eye-Boy: able to see perceive energies, auras, behaviors and has psychological intuition
    Shark Girl: I imagine her as the substitute for Wolfsbane. The brawler of the team.
    Cipher: able to become completely invisible, inaudible to any powerset or technologies, invaluable in stealth missions.
    Primal: all of his enhanced senses would be invaluable in tracking and such. and his hyper-instincts that allow him to learn skills easily would be really interesting
    I like none of these characters (maybe Shark Girl...), but this is an amazingly cool lineup, well positioned for what they are doing. (Maybe a little *too* good for the job. Hindsight, in particular, might make detective work a little *too* easy!) I like the way you've thought things through, and everybody's got a legitimate reason to be there, and a strong contribution to make.

Prodigy's an interesting sub for Madrox, in that he shares Madrox's knack for mastering tons and tons of diverse skillsets (if not the ability to be in multiple places at once, a gift only Madrox and Wolverine seem to have had).

Anole could be an interesting fit on such a team as well. He's got some stealth / camouflage going on (nothing like Cipher, but still), and money / resources, from Warren's company, and maybe even some reptilian senses (I don't recall him ever being said to have them, but I don't recall him ever being said *not* to have them...).

Then again, having a hypothetical seventh be a girl, one of the astral projectors (like Trance or Scanner), or one of the precognitives (like Preview, Blindfold or Negasonic) could be cool, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like none of these characters (maybe Shark Girl...), but this is an amazingly cool lineup, well positioned for what they are doing. (Maybe a little *too* good for the job. Hindsight, in particular, might make detective work a little *too* easy!) I like the way you've thought things through, and everybody's got a legitimate reason to be there, and a strong contribution to make.

Prodigy's an interesting sub for Madrox, in that he shares Madrox's knack for mastering tons and tons of diverse skillsets (if not the ability to be in multiple places at once, a gift only Madrox and Wolverine seem to have had).

Anole could be an interesting fit on such a team as well. He's got some stealth / camouflage going on (nothing like Cipher, but still), and money / resources, from Warren's company, and maybe even some reptilian senses (I don't recall him ever being said to have them, but I don't recall him ever being said *not* to have them...).

Then again, having a hypothetical seventh be a girl, one of the astral projectors (like Trance or Scanner), or one of the precognitives (like Preview, Blindfold or Negasonic) could be cool, too.
    I'm not even particularly fond of any members of this group either. It's just a concept that I had considered.Together this group could really make a big difference out there, and their capabilities would mean they'd be able to solve almost any problem. Only downside for this group is they're not particularly capable in terms of combat. They'd be pretty reliant on Shark Girl and Primal as the brawn of the team. Prodigy has retained all his combat memories so he could hold his own, but you can only go so far if you're going up against mutants with projectiles and such.

Anole to me feels like he should stay with the core group of X-Men, alongside Rockslide, Pixie etc. He gels a lot better there. He always came across to me as the Nightcrawler of this generation of mutants. Physically different, lighthearted but with deep feelings, agile etc. In terms of his camouflage, Cipher already has that covered. They could even expand her powers to share them more people on a temporary basis, rendering them invisible, inaudible, psychically untraceable etc.

A precog makes a lot of sense. Then the group not only has an understanding of the past, but also the future (or potential future) as well. Blindfold or Negasonic Teenage Warhead would fit perfectly here. I'd really like the latter. She has edge and her other powers also means shes combat ready if it comes to it. Even though she's not particularly capable as of yet

and Pixie is in x-men blue issue 10

Anyone feel like Cullen Bunn is slowly bringing the New X-Men to new readers in the form of alternate reality characters. At this point I'll take anything.

-Ultimate Armor/616 Armor
    -Hex-Men Pixie/616 Pixie
    -Mach II/616 Surge (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Probably reduced him to gravel fill again when he opened his yap.

And man, this story probably remains one of my biggest disappointments out of a couple of decades of reading comics. There's a good, logical seed at the core of it, but the execution was awful. A grand example of shoehorning in a character instead of picking one that works for the plot.
    Which story you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    She was obviously intended to be the next Jean Grey and be the next host of the Phoenix, which didn't sit well with me. She was also brash and a little arrogant.
    But aren't brash & arrogant characters the best? *ahem* Surge *ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sounds encouraging, but I'd hate to get my hopes up only for it to turn into yet another wallpaper moment. Or that the NXM kids get in over their heads in Gold so Kitty Pryde can Mary Sue her way to the rescue again.
    I remember how disappointed I felt when Guggenheim said we'd get Surge, Gentle, and Sprite in X-Men Prime #1. I thought they meant doing something important and not just playing basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    and Pixie is in x-men blue issue 10
    *Graymalkin, Anole, and Rockslide are in the Generation X #6 preview. They're wallpaper but still.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Anyone feel like Cullen Bunn is slowly bringing the New X-Men to new readers in the form of alternate reality characters. At this point I'll take anything.
    Not really. I think its more coincidence than an effort by him to make them relevant to newcomers

Still hoping we see some kind of follow-up with Hellion in 'Uncanny Avengers'. Guys, we gotta flood Zub's Tumblr ask box. He must answer. He must.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. I think its more coincidence than an effort by him to make them relevant to newcomers
    Darnit.

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

Has there been any word on Elixir in X-Men Blue? I know many assumed he'd make an appearance, but...
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Assgardian View Post
    Has there been any word on Elixir in X-Men Blue? I know many assumed he'd make an appearance, but...
    Bunn said on his tumblr that he doubts if he'll ever get to the plans he had for him in Uncanny, which sucks. Definitely not anytime soon.

It makes sense bc obviously he has to write very different, and very specific, stories with the O5 as his main cast and concept, but still kinda disappointing. If EXM wasn't so bad, maybe Uncanny could have gotten the longer run it needed...

Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Bunn said on his tumblr that he doubts if he'll ever get to the plans he had for him in Uncanny, which sucks. Definitely not anytime soon.

It makes sense bc obviously he has to write very different, and very specific, stories with the O5 as his main cast and concept, but still kinda disappointing. If EXM wasn't so bad, maybe Uncanny could have gotten the longer run it needed...
    Well, that's definitely disappointing! I was so excited that someone was paying poor Josh some much deserved attention!
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

At this point I am willing to sell Tyke, and any chance of Cyclops coming back to comics to have a new Xmen book again. I'll settle with the ulti book coming soon but darnit I want more!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

So Taylor was asked on Twitter this morning how old X-23 is, and he's estimating that she's around 20.

I REALLY hope that means the Xavier school has college-level courses, because most of them are around her age. While I can see Rockslide never advancing beyond a high school level, that would be a SERIOUS disservice to the others.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 09-07-2017 at 04:50 AM.

So Taylor was asked on Twitter this morning how old X-23 is, and he's estimating that she's around 20.

I REALLY hope that means the Xavier school has college-level courses, because most of them are around her age. While I can see Rockslide never advancing beyond a high school level, that would be a SERIOUS disservice to the others.
    That's.....disappointing. For ME.

I really dug the original idea that Miss Kinney's aging was dramatically neutered by her healing factor and that she would at least appear very young indefinitely. I find that idea of her appearing perpetually 16/17, although continually maturing, while her peers age regularly, a fascinating psychological study to be examined by future writers. But... oh well.

She's still a sensational character to examine in so many other ways.

Astonishing Member

Way back in wolverine and the X-men brood did state the school was a university. ,it alredy established as having grades k-12 stands to reasion it would have collage level courses. (X-men probaly get them for cheep) also it was never establishes how the school of structures in terms of academic level and how to graduate, somone should do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That's.....disappointing. For ME.

I really dug the original idea that Miss Kinney's aging was dramatically neutered by her healing factor and that she would at least appear very young indefinitely. I find that idea of her appearing perpetually 16/17, although continually maturing, while her peers age regularly, a fascinating psychological study to be examined by future writers. But... oh well.

She's still a sensational character to examine in so many other ways.
    Thing is, I never saw the healing factor as something that would retard her GROWING, just that it slows the biological decay accompanying the aging process (specifically cell death and mutation). So she would grow and develop normally to a given point, at which point her aging would slow. The result is that she's in her physical prime longer (it'd be funny seeing a girl as vain as Nori grousing that Laura would remain young and hot for decades) but would actually reach it at the same rate.

Guess who makes a very, VERY strange cameo in Ms Marvel #22.