Page 7 of 231 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Thank goodness I picked up this series in singular issues when it first came out, series is harder than hell to find in Trade paperback now.
    You can find the singles, but most of them are $3-$6 an issue.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    What happens to Wallflower? And dude that heals (Josh Cannotrememberhismutantname)??? And Sofia who causes wind (or something)????
    DO THEY KILL THEM????
    BECAUSE I LIKE THOSE THREE. D@MMIT. D@MMIT ALL. *sadface*

wel one of them die

*sigh*
    I always end up attached to the characters that get killed.

*sigh*
    I always end up attached to the characters that get killed.
    yeah i feel your pain

What happens to Wallflower? And dude that heals (Josh Cannotrememberhismutantname)??? And Sofia who causes wind (or something)????
    DO THEY KILL THEM???? BECAUSE I LIKE THOSE THREE. D@MMIT. D@MMIT ALL. *sadface*
    Current statuses are dead, written out, and depowered. There's more with Josh and Sofia in Kyle and Yost's X-Force and the 2007 iteration of New Warriors, respectively.

I have to read the last YA series. Heinberg's was AMAZING, though. My son made me read it.
    Gillen's is a lot of fun too. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH! The series gets too much hate, Dust, Anole and Rockslide were great, and the future arc is indeed strong. The scenes between Dust/Pierce were brilliant.

Almost naked??? She's wearing far more clothes than Anole, and more than Iceman ever wears.

I agree that Dust, Rockslide, and Anole were all written very well. And I liked the attention that Dust seemed to be getting in this series. It was nice seeing Dust in the spotlight.

However, I didn't like Ink from the get go, and I didn't like the way Cipher and Graymalkin were introduced. I thought they both sorta came out of no where. But I did eventually like them both as characters and have warmed up to them both. I would love it if the two of them were used more. I also liked Wolf Cub, and I don't think he needed to die. His death felt cheap and I think it wasted a character that had potential.

One issue with Young X-men that I have is that is was slow to start IMO. The later issues were intriguing and I do think this team did have potential. I would like the Young X-men to be brought back (although with a slightly different line-up) as the X-verse needs a teen team ongoing.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree that Dust, Rockslide, and Anole were all written very well. And I liked the attention that Dust seemed to be getting in this series. It was nice seeing Dust in the spotlight.

However, I didn't like Ink from the get go, and I didn't like the way Cipher and Graymalkin were introduced. I thought they both sorta came out of no where. But I did eventually like them both as characters and have warmed up to them both. I would love it if the two of them were used more. I also liked Wolf Cub, and I don't think he needed to die. His death felt cheap and I think it wasted a character that had potential.

One issue with Young X-men that I have is that is was slow to start IMO. The later issues were intriguing and I do think this team did have potential. I would like the Young X-men to be brought back (although with a slightly different line-up) as the X-verse needs a teen team ongoing.
    Ink wasn't meant to be likeable. It was something I saw a lot of on the board at the time. "This character is terrible so the book is terrible". It was a shame. The first arc was slow and people guessed the switch, which hurt it, but it was also hurt by people predisposed not to like it because they resented which characters weren't getting used. Read in trade paperback, all 12 issues are really strong, sad we didn't get more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Gillen's is a lot of fun too. Highly recommended.
    My son has the first trade, so I'll have to read it. Thanks!

I almost forgot, You should read X-23 innocence lost and target x23 to get a better understanding of some stuff that happens later on in new xmen or rather "X-23 and the new X-men". XD

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I almost forgot, You should read X-23 innocence lost and target x23 to get a better understanding of some stuff that happens later on in new xmen or rather "X-23 and the new X-men". XD
    What is this?
    Not sure X-23 is quite my character, but if it's important...

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryfan View Post
    wel one of them die
    Well one died and another's status is up for debate.
    Did they ever confirm whether Sofia was or wasn't the waitress that got shot post-AvX?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Well one died and another's status is up for debate.
    Did they ever confirm whether Sofia was or wasn't the waitress that got shot post-AvX?
    No, but whoever it was had mutant powers, so it shouldn't have been her. Like all the other depowered mutants, Sofia's wouldn't have come back.

Quote Originally Posted by nexustenebrare View Post
    well one died and another's status is up for debate.
    Did they ever confirm whether sofia was or wasn't the waitress that got shot post-avx?
    spoiling spoiler posting spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    No, but whoever it was had mutant powers, so it shouldn't have been her. Like all the other depowered mutants, Sofia's wouldn't have come back.
    Spoiling Spoiler posting Spoilers II.

Spoiling Spoiler posting Spoilers II.
    What's being spoiled now that wasn't specifically asked about upthread? And this is discussing a single UA panel that's only debatably the character in question besides.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-03-2014 at 01:02 PM.