Page 73 of 231 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3451
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Funnily enough, I thought a bit more could have been done with Ink after YXM, because a couple of aspects that could have been explored that are fairly unique to the character were 1) what's it like to be a powered non-mutant living among mutants, 2) what's it like to be a mutant living around someone whose powers were inflicted on them by a mutant without consent, and 3) what happens if the source of those powers kicks the bucket?

But at least I can follow up on that last one on my own time.
    the opportunity for that would have been the "terrigen mist" age
    send x-men who arent mutants like Ink, Danger, depowered Dani and Jubilee, Longshot, and can't get poisoned, to rescue mutants from the cloud.
    but that opportunity has passed

as bad as the terrigen mist thing was, x-men editorial didnt even think of a creative thing to do with that plot

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    send x-men who arent mutants like Ink, Danger, depowered Dani and Jubilee, Longshot, and can't get poisoned, to rescue mutants from the cloud.

as bad as the terrigen mist thing was, x-men editorial didnt even think of a creative thing to do with that plot
    omg MISSED opportunity!!!!!!! THAT would've been a pretty rad subplot. Good idea!

Ultimate Member

Ooh, that's a good one!

I had pondered the idea, some time ago, of an X-Men 'Unity Squad' that was composed entirely of non-mutant X-Men, like Mimic, Warlock, Longshot, Shatterstar, Hepzibah, Deathbird, Omega Sentinel and / or Jimaine Szardos (some of which are mutants, but not *human* mutants...). Danger, Ink, and depowered mutants like Dani and Jubes are also logical additions to such a group, and even better, you've come up with a legitimate reason for them to assemble, to handle missions that are explicitly more dangerous to mutants (like handling a T-cloud, or facing down Sentinels with mutant-detection measures)!

I love these characters have Prodigy, Hellion, Surge, Dust, Gentle or Loa been spotted anywhere recently?

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I love these characters have Prodigy, Hellion, Surge, Dust, Gentle or Loa been spotted anywhere recently?
    -Prodigy is playing an important role in the current 'America' Legacy arc.

-Surge, Dust, and Gentle are relegated to cameos in Gen X and X-Men Gold

-Hellion is going to make an appearance in Zub's Uncanny Avengers #30

-Loa is.....missing

BANNED

Anole had some background appearances in Iceman this week. The arm has returned.

As for Ink, I don't find him terribly compelling or interesting as a character, and there were several established students who could have covered what he brought to the team power-wise. Also, Young X-Men itself was, IMO, one of Marvel's first (and biggest) missteps with that generation of younger mutants in that it failed to follow-up on the momentum of the Kyle/Yost run while repeating some of its worst aspects.
    Terribly confusing keeping up with the status of Anoles arm.

I thought his powers deriving from tattoos was interesting but didn't particularly like his personality. As you've said, there are various characters who have multiple powersets that could've been used in his stead. And yes Young X-Men failed to deliver the best attributes of the Kyle/Yost run. Does that mean I can blame Guggenheim for the demise of some of my fav x-characters? I'm choosing to blame him. X-Men Gold is rubbish too. They need to let him go.

Funnily enough, I thought a bit more could have been done with Ink after YXM, because a couple of aspects that could have been explored that are fairly unique to the character were 1) what's it like to be a powered non-mutant living among mutants, 2) what's it like to be a mutant living around someone whose powers were inflicted on them by a mutant without consent, and 3) what happens if the source of those powers kicks the bucket?

But at least I can follow up on that last one on my own time.
    Can't say I'm surprised. But yes, it's disappointing that the most interesting aspects of the character never really got to be explored. I think he's making a comeback in X-Men Gold based on the covers, so perhaps it'll be addressed but I wouldn't count on it.

send x-men who aren't mutants like Ink, Danger, depowered Dani and Jubilee, Longshot, and can't get poisoned, to rescue mutants from the cloud.

as bad as the terrigen mist thing was, x-men editorial didn't even think of a creative thing to do with that plot
    That really is a missed opportunity. Extraordinary X-Men and other X-books at the time the terrigen mists hit didn't really deal with the issue in the way I would have liked. Sending out immune characters to do the work of the X-Men is interesting, and it's a shame that didn't come to fruition.

The only writer who did anything remotely interesting with that plot was Bunn. Soule and Lemire both failed to deliver. I’m
    Not sure how much of it was editorial handicapping them, considering Extraordinary was just full of bad ideas anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    The only writer who did anything remotely interesting with that plot was Bunn. Soule and Lemire both failed to deliver. I’m
    Not sure how much of it was editorial handicapping them, considering Extraordinary was just full of bad ideas anyway.
    I hope I never see "Sapna" in a comic again. That subplot was worse than anything from Austen's run

I hope I never see "Sapna" in a comic again. That subplot was worse than anything from Austen's run
    "Sapna" was worse than Nurse Annie? I know there were lows in Lemire's run but

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

-Loa is.....missing
    i thought Loa was with avengers academy

BANNED

-Loa is.....missing
    Wait, when was Hellion appearing in UA30 confirmed? Last word I saw was from Paniccia that he'd be appearing somewhere soon, but couldn't say when or where.

Astonishing Member

"Sapna" was worse than Nurse Annie? I know there were lows in Lemire's run but
    I kinda liked the telepath kid son of Nurse Annie who was friend of the Fishboy and almost considered Havok his father, as in, at least he wasnt Quentin Quire.
    Also, a completely forgotten unresolved plot, is that when Nurse Annie and the kid left the school, he was possessed by Cassandra Nova. Kinda similar to what happened to Emma in Whedon's run.
    nurse annie kid.jpgIt would be cool if some writer remembered that. perhaps she was trapped for years after M Day in the mind of a normal human. I would give back the powers to the kid (who would be older now), and make Cassandra try to get back the body of Ernst.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    i thought Loa was with avengers academy
    Yeah but it's been awhile since the series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wait, when was Hellion appearing in UA30 confirmed? Last word I saw was from Paniccia that he'd be appearing somewhere soon, but couldn't say when or where.
    I hope the appearance is disconnected from UA #30 but here's the comment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...wf&sh=98bb5dc3

BANNED

Yeah but it's been awhile since the series finale.

I hope the appearance is disconnected from UA #30 but here's the comment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...wf&sh=98bb5dc3
    Sounds like wallpaper to me. In which case, I hope Paniccia was discussing some OTHER appearance; something that will actually be meaningful.

Astonishing Member

there has to be a reason why they have kept him out of x-books since the terrigen mist problems begun. I doubt it will be just "now I am fine I am going to the mansion bye everybody"