Page 8 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    What is this?
    Not sure X-23 is quite my character, but if it's important...
    First I'll say I'm sure you'll love the X-23 back stories. Great art, great story, and is new reader friendly. With no knowledge of the character i read the books and jumped right into New x-men and other books.

The facility, which created X-23 is like a branch of weapon x. They come in and cause some of havok, also they play a small role in messiah complex via their creation. The character X-23 becomes a major character latter on and there are some references you wont understand unless you read her two mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    What's being spoiled now that wasn't specifically asked about upthread? This is discussing a single UA panel that's only debatably the character in question.
    I was only kidding. I am going to read it anyway.

Ordering more issues, but #22 is out of stock.
    BUTYAYFORMOREBOOKS!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    First I'll say I'm sure you'll love the X-23 back stories. Great art, great story, and is new reader friendly. With no knowledge of the character i read the books and jumped right into New x-men and other books.

The facility, which created X-23 is like a branch of weapon x. They come in and cause some of havok, also they play a small role in messiah complex via their creation. The character X-23 becomes a major character latter on and there are some references you wont understand unless you read her two mini series.
    It is out of stock. I will look later for it. Thanks.

spoiling spoiler posting spoilers.
    What did you expect when you asked the question: What happens to...?

Eh, I don't know. I never read the earlier X-23 minis and I don't feel like I'm struggling with her backstory. Most of it gets mentioned along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Eh, I don't know. I never read the earlier X-23 minis and I don't feel like I'm struggling with her backstory. Most of it gets mentioned along the way.
    Pretty much on repeat, yes. Though I guess it's to be expected when writers keep resetting the girl's character development.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    True, but actually SEEING it happen is a lot different than hearing it discussed. Innocence Lost is also kind of a neat twist on the "origin" book, in that Laura herself is actually NOT the main character; the story is told from Sarah's perspective (using Sarah's letter to Laura as the narration).

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

her backstory isn't very difficult. In fact, it's pretty template stuff.

Avoid Target X23 unless you really want to cultivate a distaste for the character.

The only x-23 issues i'd recommend would be the scuzzy navelgazing in NYX.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    her backstory isn't very difficult. In fact, it's pretty template stuff.

Avoid Target X23 unless you really want to cultivate a distaste for the character.

The only x-23 issues i'd recommend would be the scuzzy navelgazing in NYX.
    Well sure you can always wiki. Target X was awesome though. The art alone makes it worth a look.

I'm already getting attached to these characters. I've only read through issue #5. I am such a sucker.

BANNED

I'm already getting attached to these characters. I've only read through issue #5. I am such a sucker.
    Yayyy!

/10char

I read through #9, and I like the series so far.
    I mean, yeah, it has that teenager vibe to it, but I'd read it for Dani and Rahne alone.
    But I actually like these characters. Some more than others, but yeah.
    Don't make me pick a favorite, though, it's still too early.

Hellion has come up with a new name for himself

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by idiyona View Post
    It's why I can't stand Cipher either. Just to retcon her having been there all along she was made invisible, intangible, able to fly, unable to be heard, and even unable to be detected by psychic powers. Why they brought her back is a mystery to me.
    Ages ago I had a super-character who had the (uncontrollable) power to make people unable to consciously perceive him and, if they ever did, unable to form long-term memories about him, so, even if everyone on the team got some sort of temporary mind shielding that let them see and meet him, by the end of the day they'd forget him all over again and he'd be back to being the dude sleeping on the couch, raiding the fridge, running to get into the bus before the door closed, because nobody ever knew he was there and he was at perpetual risk of being left behind somewhere during an evacuation situation. Only somebody with mind shields out the wazoo, like the Professor, or a machine immune to telepathy, would be able to consciously detect him. Since his power affected the conscious mind, he did have an advantage over someone who just 'turned invisible,' since people would walk around him instead of slam into him, and they wouldn't sit on him when he was on the couch, or whatever, since, unconsciously, they would avoid bumping into him.

But strapping intangibility, flight, etc. onto that powerset seems kind of like missing the entire point (and giving Kitty's powers to someone who has a bunch of other powers just seems silly).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ages ago I had a super-character who had the (uncontrollable) power to make people unable to consciously perceive him and, if they ever did, unable to form long-term memories about him, so, even if everyone on the team got some sort of temporary mind shielding that let them see and meet him, by the end of the day they'd forget him all over again and he'd be back to being the dude sleeping on the couch, raiding the fridge, running to get into the bus before the door closed, because nobody ever knew he was there and he was at perpetual risk of being left behind somewhere during an evacuation situation. Only somebody with mind shields out the wazoo, like the Professor, or a machine immune to telepathy, would be able to consciously detect him. Since his power affected the conscious mind, he did have an advantage over someone who just 'turned invisible,' since people would walk around him instead of slam into him, and they wouldn't sit on him when he was on the couch, or whatever, since, unconsciously, they would avoid bumping into him.

But strapping intangibility, flight, etc. onto that powerset seems kind of like missing the entire point (and giving Kitty's powers to someone who has a bunch of other powers just seems silly).

Forget-me-not?