Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: "X-Men '92" Writers Rap About Mutants & Mall Babes

"X-Men '92" co-writers Chad Bowers and Chris Sims answer your questions about their new Infinite Comic series that ties into "Secret Wars."

Full article here.

ONE OF MY THINGS GOT ASKED. And answered very smartly, too.

This is a pretty sweet X-pos on the whole, and thanks to Messrs. Bowers and Sims for taking some proper time to think through their answers (or not, in the case of Gambit, but that one seems fair to me). Especially regarding the series' tone - it's pretty much unavoidable to look back to this phase of X-history without laughing at (the quoted example) Naked Shouting Omega Red and his apparent total lack of penis, but so long as the characters act like the story affects them seriously, the whole deal can avoid feeling like a piss-take.

Also sweet to see the preview art 'animated' and lettered.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Spectacular Member

I can't wait! I like the attitude the creative team has-- they're not out to make a parody of the era but at the same time acknowledge its absurd and melodramatic aspects.

I agree. Thanks to everyone who made that X-Position possible! I am so relieved that they are (mostly) keeping their 90s uniforms. I dont know who will be getting a uniform change like they said, but hopefully not a permanent change. Nonetheless, I am so pumped for this series! After 15 years of feeling like the X-Men were gone and dead, I finally have a reason to start buying Marvel X-books religiously again!

So much win. And they know thier stuff.

The wild man of borneo. Nostalgia flashback! Good times.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Thanks for posting the article.

I have one question though, what will the artwork look like? Will it be Cartoon like, like back in the day, or new and polished like The New 52 Batman comics?

Glad to see my question got asked. Good questions from everyone really.

I can handle a series with some humour as long as it's not a spoof.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    Thanks for posting the article.

I have one question though, what will the artwork look like? Will it be Cartoon like, like back in the day, or new and polished like The New 52 Batman comics?
    Check out the previews.

So incredibly excited about this series. I like how Sims and Bowers focused on both the strengths and flaws of the 90s X-men. It's without a doubt the heyday of the X-men. They were never more popular then than at any other time in their history. It was a different era, but that era had its share of flaws. The portrayal of Jean Grey was one of them. Gambit's inconsistent portrayal was another. But it sounds like these two want to take some of those flaws and make them into strengths. And I'm all for that. I really do hope that this series does well and not just for 90s nostagic fans who fell in love with the X-men through the 90s cartoon. We've seen with Spider-Gwen that Marvel does respond to sales. Let's hope we'll get something similar with this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I might buy the second issue of this, since I like the focus on Gambit and Rogue, but I really wish each issue wasn't 4.99, even if every issue does have 40 pages.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Can't wait. They did a good job of calming my fears.

Oh, did I read it right that Jean Grey is getting a CODENAME?!?

Yeah, I followed Sims' watchthrough of the X-Men TAS series, so I got a lot of trust he'll do right by these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Glad to see my question got asked. Good questions from everyone really.

I can handle a series with some humour as long as it's not a spoof.

Check out the previews.
    It comes out tomorrow as digital release, I'll look at the reviews before buying it.

But will this series include characters from Star Wars? I'm not quite sure what Secret Wars is.

Thanks for the preview by the way, it looks pretty good, how many Issues do you think the series will have? Maybe #40?

BANNED

Maybe this will turn out bad and 90s X-Men used to be my least favorite era, which has since been replaced with even lesser least favorite eras, but it's refreshing having people with enthusiasm that are not ashamed.

Incredible Member

Heh....I actually had that Pizza Hut "Night Of The Sentinels" tape. With the black case and everything.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

They answered my Jean question! I like that she might do something cool around issue five. I don't want her to end up Phoenix again or change too much from the costume she has. I'd like to see a strong, confident, and heroic Jean Grey.