Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I'm okay with the new Thor. But X23 taking over as Logan would feel very natural. Like how Bucky took over as Captain America (he should still be Captain America)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The original Thor? He appeared in the new series a lot.
    He died in times runs out, fighting the beyonders along with hyperion, like 8 months later. Well after that everything dies so it doesn't really matter

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Exactly. I honestly think this is where Marvel is heading. Lots of legacy versions, but with the originals still around and semi-retired. Look at Captain America. Sam Wilson is clearly still in the role post-SW. Same with Jane Foster as Thor. But the originals will likely still be around in some capacity, as they were before the event. I'm also betting we get a married Peter Parker back after SW, and we already know that Miles Morales is coming over. So having X-23 take up the mantle of (All-New) Wolverine with OML also existing just kind of fits with that trend.

It basically allows Marvel to make their universe more diverse (black male Cap, female Thor, half black and half Hispanic Spidey, female Wolverine, etc.), but without the usual backlash and vitriol and skepticism that comes from killing an iconic character in order to make room for the legacy version. I don't think most Wolverine fans will accept Laura as the new Wolverine if Logan stays dead. I know I won't. But if an older version of Logan sticks around and basically says, "I don't want to be Wolverine anymore; I'm just Logan now," that works for me. Much, much better. And I'd be way more inclined to give Laura a shot in the role.

Honestly I think Marvel has figured this out. But obviously I could be way off. We'll see I suppose...
    Im not most fans then if the real logan stays dead I'm fine with X23 taking the mantle of wolverine
    X-Men Forever

I'm fine with it too. Just won't bother reading about it. Just don't care enough to spend the time and money on it. But throw OML in there and I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    He died in times runs out, fighting the beyonders along with hyperion, like 8 months later. Well after that everything dies so it doesn't really matter
    Ah. Gotcha. Was not aware of that. Don't follow the Avengers. But he definitely appeared a lot throughout the new Thor series, and will most likely be back post-SW.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-28-2015 at 06:31 PM.

BANNED

Quite possibly, but I think my way allows them to have their cake and eat it too in a sense. It doesn't completely alienate their current fanbase, particularly fans of Logan in this case. And thus helps to ensure better sales in the long run, because if done right new fans and old ones will buy it. Like Thor. They didn't kill the original and he appeared in the book quite a bit as a supporting character / guest star. I'd imagine quite a few fans of Thor Odinson bought it as a result.
    Personally, I think the bigger obstacle to X-23 successfully taking over is building her Rogues Gallery. With Wolverine you had adversaries like Creed, Cyber, Ogun, Silver Samurai, and Omega Red, and it's as much the conflicts with those villains that really helped drive the stories that made him so popular. X's only regular enemy has been Kimura who, while a rare and quite welcome irredeemably pyschopathic woman (seems that while it's perfectly ok to have complete monsters like the Joker and Sabretooth, female characters like this are FAR more likely to be written to evoke audience sympathy), is a pretty one-trick pony (aside for Mercury Falling, where X wasn't her objective). She'd have plenty of options for supporting characters to pop in from time to time (the NXM, the O5, Spidey, Black Widow, Gambit, Jubilee, Daken, and Reed and Sue, among others) but her rogues are pretty thin.

There's always Claudine Renko, and I'm still scratching my head over Sinister being so dismissive of her in Wolverines, considering one time he tried to STEAL HER BODY. She could POSSIBLY inherit Deathstrike from Wolverine since her claws are bonded, but Wolverines seems to suggest that Deathstrike has more or less made peace with that conflict. She could be a VERY dangerous adversary for Mystique, and Laura's moral compass would often put her in direct conflict with her. If Sabretooth were to ever get un-Inverted I could envision a situation where X would inherit his hard-on for making Logan's life hell (I'm frankly AMAZED they never had him target her; she's a woman, technically Logan's offspring, AND had a good relationship with him. That would be like CATNIP for Creed). But there's not a lot of history there to work with, unless they wanted to bring back the Hellverine demon, or the Whirldemons (which also would involve the Unipower again).

Of course, there's always that cloaked woman from her solo we never learned anything about, and is an aborted arc that's been driving me batty wanting to see expanded on.