Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    Why would any human ever support mutantkind?

I mean logically speaking, ''Hey lets all support these people that will replace us at work and have self-obsessed individuals who can control the entire planetary atmosphere, control every mind on the planet and delete entire races from existence''.

And this power over space and time would be handed to random people (communists, people that can't even read, hardcore islamists etc.) on the planet. Imagine what time travelling powers would do in the hand of someone like that with a selfish attitude.

The fun of the X-men is that the whole x-gene thing doesn't actually work, it's one big joke.

So ignore the whole ''why wouldn't people support the x-men thing'', they don't because it's a comic. There is no other reason.
    Simple some people can overcome fear or prejudice and hopes for better days. Some people despite evidence to the contrary believe if people leave their differences aside the world would be much better and wars are a waste of time.

If you believe that coexistence is impossible all that remains is war some people do not believe is necessary to go that far.

Steal jobs? Well that may be true but because they have skills that humans have not allows them to make several incredible things and help humanity to improve the world. Some may cure diseases, can prevent environmental disasters such as floods, earthquakes or hurricanes and fix defective nuclear reactors without risking the lives of human possibilities are endless if applied for peace. This was clear in AVX and this is due not only to Phoenix Five all X-mens were helping to improve the world and for a moment the war ended and refugees were returned to their countries.

Would not strange countries and people who have been saved by these acts supported the cause mutant especially minorities type when Storm was arrested and appeared people to protest or when Scott had supported their cause in a university.

510203UNCX2013010intLR12.jpg
    Last edited by Knives; 05-29-2015 at 06:08 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I dunno. The JGS is all about having its cake and eating it too. They couldn't pull that off if they fully associate themselves with SHIELD. The whole "Oh, but that's what [insert name of SHIELD-affiliated X-Men] do on their free time!! We're totally not cool with those SHIELD Sentinels being deployed! Mutant priiiiide!" speech just wouldn't work anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kwadruple View Post
    This is certainly a more interesting idea than what we got post AvX. It's a shame that the people marvel pays to write x-books don't seem to have the storytelling abilities as some of the posters on this forum. This is a storyline that presents real obstacles, real consequences, and forces each character to take a stand. It's a perfect storm for the good kind of drama and gets to the heart of the mutant rights issue.

It would have been interesting to see a government sponsored JGS coincide with a company sponsored X-factor. The contrast might have been good for both books and kept X-Factor afloat for a bit longer.
    Exactly, this is exactly what I'm going for, and with this the Schism actually means something as well. Mutants have to make decisions that truly impact their standing in the world. There's good and bad on both sides as well, maybe some younger mutants get corrupted by the potential commercial opportunity, and lose sight of the actual goal. Maybe the influence the JGS X-Men have get to their heads and they pry too much in a delicate situation. I could see Cyke using the Scarlet Witch as anti-mutant propaganda, and that creating a big wedge between him and Mags, but bring other mutants to his side.

Like I said in the OP, obviously there'll be action, but I'd be more of a dialogue; a take on a sort of Martin Luther King approach, in modern day, vs the Malcom X approach Marvel obviously tried and failed to portray Cyke to be going towards, pros and cons on both sides.

IMO this is what the Unity movement should've lead to, but Marvel decided not not go as far as it could've.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I dunno. The JGS is all about having its cake and eating it too. They couldn't pull that off if they fully associate themselves with SHIELD. The whole "Oh, but that's what [insert name of SHIELD-affiliated X-Men] do on their free time!! We're totally not cool with those SHIELD Sentinels being deployed! Mutant priiiiide!" speech just wouldn't work anymore.

You'd have a point if in NXM, and the Time Runs Out Nation X, didn't already have sentinels acting as protection for mutants. It'd certainly be a point that Cyke could use in his favor tho, and that's my point. Despite the sentinels in this case bearing a symbol of peace for mutants, that doesn't erase the past, or stop someone from tampering with/using them for their own agenda.

The fact that the JGS like to have, and eat its, cake is something I've already brought up in another post, and helps feed into the grey of this story.

Also, again, people need to stop bringing up the cons of SHIELD as if that hurts the validity of the story. It also helps add realism, as the government is always needed to help bring in an era of equal civil rights; despite being corruptible, the govt has its pros as well, for obvious reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Simple some people can overcome fear or prejudice and hopes for better days. Some people despite evidence to the contrary believe if people leave their differences aside the world would be much better and wars are a waste of time.

If you believe that coexistence is impossible all that remains is war some people do not believe is necessary to go that far.

Steal jobs? Well that may be true but because they have skills that humans have not allows them to make several incredible things and help humanity to improve the world. Some may cure diseases, can prevent environmental disasters such as floods, earthquakes or hurricanes and fix defective nuclear reactors without risking the lives of human possibilities are endless if applied for peace. This was clear in AVX and this is due not only to Phoenix Five all X-mens were helping to improve the world and for a moment the war ended and refugees were returned to their countries.

Would not strange countries and people who have been saved by these acts supported the cause mutant especially minorities type when Storm was arrested and appeared people to protest or when Scott had supported their cause in a university.

Yup, this definitely beats that could be played with even more in this storyline. And the third anti-mutant faction could easily play on people's fear of being replaced, using the mutants' Good Samaritan act against them.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    The fact that the JGS like to have, and eat its, cake is something I've already brought up in another post, and helps feed into the grey of this story.
    My point is that there would no grey area once some a-hole in the White House gets fed up with mutants and unleashes SHIELD on them. The X-Men's already iffy credibility as friends/protectors of mutantkind would be shut down in mere seconds. Even the JGS morons would realize that. Heck, that's what they're doing right now. They'd rather not pick a side then risk choosing the wrong one. Truly awful, but one has to concede it's a decent short/mid-term move.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-29-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Exactly, this is exactly what I'm going for, and with this the Schism actually means something as well. Mutants have to make decisions that truly impact their standing in the world. There's good and bad on both sides as well, maybe some younger mutants get corrupted by the potential commercial opportunity, and lose sight of the actual goal. Maybe the influence the JGS X-Men have get to their heads and they pry too much in a delicate situation. I could see Cyke using the Scarlet Witch as anti-mutant propaganda, and that creating a big wedge between him and Mags, but bring other mutants to his side.

Like I said in the OP, obviously there'll be action, but I'd be more of a dialogue; a take on a sort of Martin Luther King approach, in modern day, vs the Malcom X approach Marvel obviously tried and failed to portray Cyke to be going towards, pros and cons on both sides.

IMO this is what the Unity movement should've lead to, but Marvel decided not not go as far as it could've.
    But SHIELD feels more like the CIA witch most likely had a hand in killing Martin Luther King and Malcom X

Well, if that happened, at least SHIELD would stop trying to blow up the JGS everytime that they want something, right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You know, why hasn't anyone actually taken down SHIELD yet? They clearly do more bad than good.

Is it because they can't portray Hill as a villain?
    Well, she is tecnically an Avenger and part of the MCU, so nope.

Well I did say that the JGS mutants would have to register with SHIELD. If you want this level of change, then compromises have to be made, and you need support/friends of high influence. SHIELD being a sponsor for the JGS is a good way to get their message spread. Even in the fight for civil rights, white male government officials, that supported the movement, were necessary for the freedom minorities have today (even if we still have a long way to go).
    Well, there is no real-life equivalent of the Sentinel program, is it ?.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think we call them drones in the real world and the civilian and child casualties are in the hundreds in the real world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    My point is that there would no grey area once some a-hole in the White House gets fed up with mutants and unleashes SHIELD on them. The X-Men's already iffy credibility as friends/protectors of mutantkind would be shut down in mere seconds. Even the JGS morons would realize that. Heck, that's what they're doing right now. They'd rather not pick a side then risk choosing the wrong one. Truly awful, but one has to concede it's a smart short/mid-term move.
    But the JGS is being successful, then that would be insanely stupid. I mean really? Show the organized group of radical, anti-government, and powerful, mutant that they are right? You think the Avengers affiliated heroes that have been living with, teaching, and rescuing, mutants will be pleased with that? Especially after all the progress made since the AvX?

That'd be stupid. If that's the case why hasn't the govt been like "okay, all this rap, hippity hop, and senseless black on black gang violence is annoying, back to slavery you go"? Because there's support both in and out of the govt against that. Difference here? The minority in this case can literally destroy the world if they wanted. If the govt is willing to do that, then at least do so after you've managed to defeat, and prove to the world, that the govt sanctioned harmony movement is better than the Revolution. Dissolve Cyke's side, so that those mutants are on the side of the JGS, so that they can be registered. That would be the smarter choice, but they'd have achieved harmony, and then destroyed it due to pettiness.

Either way, the govt loses. You don't screw over mutants when they have Magiks and Eva Bells on their side; that's just suicidal. Not to mention it shows the inhumans the kind of betrayal the potentially awaits them in the future. Does humanity want a world with both Mutantkind and Inhumans as hostile factions?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post

Well there is the CIA, NSA, and the drones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    But SHIELD feels more like the CIA witch most likely had a hand in killing Martin Luther King and Malcom X
    Okay, and argument based on unfounded paranoia (whether a possibility, or not) isn't a good reason against this storyline. Again, this is something that can the Revolution can use to back their position.

But the JGS is being successful, then that would be insanely stupid.
    I have no idea what that rant was even about. Obviously, I'm referring to some future in which governments would have the means to blitzkrieg the crap out of dissident mutants and turn this into an even battle.

My point is that JGS is currently "successful" because they didn't fully align themselves with SHIELD. Similarly, SHIELD and the US government are currently "successful" because they're not being too pushy about assimilating the X-Men.

I do agree with the idea that the JGS shouldn't be separating mutants from humans. This is not the way they're ending their prejudice. And what you said they did to Spider-Man is the same they've been suffering (I guess, because I didn't read that comic).

I don't think that using government to help them is a bad idea. I just don't think SHIELD should be the one doing it, specially since all the things they've done to x-men. Writers could create a new agency to deal only with mutants. Speacially together. They could take Maria Hill off of SHIELD and use her as chief, idk.

I basically agree with almost all you've said. Except for those books and their avengers parts. I don't think an x-men book should happen with avengers. I hate avengers and they're totally different from x-men. I mean, what have the suffered from humans for being what they are? I think one point in x-men is to be accepted and respected by normal people, not avengers.

I don't think Excalibur should happen in UK again. Or happen at all. So many other countries in the world to explore like Germany or Australia. And a new name to this book. I'm not a fan of reusing old names. (I don't have to mention we need no Cap Brit here). And this book should happen later, only after x-men achieved some of their goals. Have some more acceptance .

I loved the idea of having a solo book for Magik. This one should have great artists, like Jae Lee and Frazer Irving. Young mutants (not this name, please) should have new styles of artists. Those who are young and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

You're ofcourse right about the replacing jobs part, but what I meant is that people look at things from a selfish point of view.

Sure you would like someone to make society better/more efficient, unless it just so happens to be your job that gets replaced.

And that is just the first of the problems I stated. Although these things also ring true when it comes to superhumans/inhumans. But that's a different discussion.

If ''our'' humanity would have to make the choice between some superpowered people making life a bit better, and getting rid of an x-gene that has threatened the world/galaxy a good 20-30 times in their last 2 decades (only to be stopped by other mutants, but a net loss either way), the choice would be simple and clear.

So why would you blame their humanity for wanting to get rid of that x-gene? It's a comic, so we ignore those simple observations.

But I can't blame a humanity for wanting to get rid of the gene that nearly killed them dozens of times. Threatening billions of lives every single time (Protheus, Magneto, Onslaught, the list is endless).

It's their method of achieving that (concentration camps, sentinels etc.) that are so foul.