Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I'll answer later that quote you did, but first I have to say this. Riots do help changing things. Say hello to French Revolution and, closer to our times, Stonewall Riots (for gays).

And the thing is: outnumbering some group doens't mean you'll get to run something. What is important, in our world, is who has power, who has money. Think about south africa.
    Yeah, you have good points. I completely forgot about tho riots, and your second point is spot on (tho I'd say the power thing isn't just a race thing, as powerful people screw over others of their own ethnic group all the time).

Still, tho, what's you're view on the story premise I've come up with?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    The idea is not bad. There does need to be some distinction between teams and philosophies etc. S.H.I.E.L.D being involved leaves a bit of a sour taste I think. Couldn't we just use another agency... like going back in the day a pulling out O.N.E and Valerie Cooper. Especially if Havok and some others are at JGS then having a government agency's support and given the track record of working with mutants before but still not always necessarily trusting them would be an interesting premise. I would also bring back Storm's X.S.E from Xtreme Xmen and have them as the government backed official agency for handling mutant matters. Cyclops' revolutionary side could see this as excessive mettling on the gov't part.

I guess the idea of mutant registration could come into play in dealing with the O.N.E or even S.H.I.E.L.D but I really can't see a whole faction of the Xmen going along with that. Perhaps there could be some agents or traitors if you will in the mix that would secretly feed that type of information to the govt in an exchange type deal for concessions. But really a faction being for mutant registration and one being against it is just Civil War all over again. In fact I think its what Civil War should have been about or really it should have been the premise for AVX.
    Nice alternatives to SHIELD.

Also, yeah, it would be like Civil War, but I'd hope it be more dialogue, and politics, rather than just mostly punching and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    SHIELD can barely keep the Avengers on side; and their usually on the same page.

not to mention the fact that its telling that; logan, rogue or the frat boys aside; its tended to be the NXS X-Men who most of the other heroes team-up with, while storm, beast and kitty bitched and bitched and bitched about blue team and avengers alike

Everyone except SHIELD knew where the NXS was. if the hulk, logan and guardians knew then odds are carol and sam know; and by extension Herr Rogers knows. its a worse kept secret than daredevil's ID or scott and logans UST

evidently the grand post-siege reconciliation between SHIELD and Avengers doesn't extend to letting them know that nugget of intel
    SHIELD knew it too lol. Read ANXM #41 preview

BANNED

Hold on a second. What makes JGS awesome is their semi isolated status. They have a place dedicated to mutant empowerment and self governance while interacting with the rest of the world. That is different from NXS whose only mandate is whine a lot and troll shield. While storm was in charge shield was never part of the equation unless bendis wrote it that way. Aaron, Latour, and all the other writers for the gold side left shield alone because bendis tried to create a foil for the bumblers on the blue side. Shield is and was one of Bendis watered down government stooges showing the blue side and shield to be incompetent, mistrustful, whiney bitches that can't get things done and rely on empty threats.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    No, no, I said don't talk about it as if it's not something that goes on JUST for white people, or just with race. Religious supremacy has also been a problem in several places, and if you go to Mexico you'll see Mexican supremacy. It's something that we humans do. I never said it wasn't a problem, in fact I said it was and that it is wrong. You act like black people wouldn't favor themselves just cuz, like every other ethnic group does? We have plenty of black people who voted for Obama JUST because he was black, and did so even after his first tenure as president; not even paying much attention to his policies.

Please, don't misconstrue my words.
    ".........
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 05-29-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because as bad as SHIELD can be, they are still better than whatever alternative you can think of. The last time it was decided they were obsolete we got the brilliant decision to trust Norman Osborn with America's security.
    I hate to admit but true make the dirty work is not beautiful or honorable but someone needs to do or better will always be someone willing to do that because the alternatives are even worse.

Yet this only increases my desire to see the X-men as far as possible the Shield would rather see them working alongside Sword protecting Earth from aliens.