Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Too soon to tell. I'm guessing that if you were to ask Jeff King about any of the details of the changes that the Multiverse Rescue Squad caused, other than “they succeeded in saving the original Multiverse”, his answer would very likely be the same: “I don't know; I'm leaving that up to later writers to decide.”

But yeah; my own gut instinct is the same as yours: the principle is probably “change as little as possible”; so if Barry was rescued from his death in the Crisis, it was a last-second save where Hal pulled him out of his final race just before he perished, and Barry kept a low profile for the rest of the Crisis. Live or die, the post-Crisis merged Earth developed the same way it originally did, with Wally becoming the Flash in a world where everyone believed that Barry was dead (rightly or wrongly): if Barry did live, he didn't end up on that Earth.

Frankly, the big question I have is this: if Parallax went back to the First Crisis and saved the Multiverse, why would he have ever initiated Zero Hour? He got yanked out of the timestream just before initiating Zero Hour, then found a way to redeem himself by saving the Multiverse; so what motive would he have to follow that up with Zero Hour? The only thing that makes sense to me would be that some sort of “quantum twinning” is still in play, leaving us with two timestreams for Parallax: the one where he wasn't taken to Telos, initiated Zero Hour, died stopping the Final Night, became the Spectre, and was reborn as Green Lantern once more; and the one where he was taken to Telos, saved the Multiverse, and then…

And if quantum twinning is indeed in play here, the writers have a lot more freedom: the original chain of serial universes still happened as they always had; but when the Multiverse Rescue Squad went back to the Crisis, they spawned a parallel timeline rather than changing the original one. And how that Multiverse-spanning timeline played out is anyone's guess.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

All-New Member

that's another thing, did Zero hour happened when Hal got pulled before that moment? If the writers are gonna commit to making that a select few would go and save the multiverse then they gotta tell the story. If not, then it's simply sloppy writing. Kinda of reminds me of the movie "Next" with Nick Cage...cause we are assuming that he's gone off to pinpoint the exact location of the bomb but we actually don't see that happen...and that's why I freakin hate that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!