Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    Didn't the female demon angel person (I have no idea who that was) reject him? Didn't he do something else to acquire that power?
    We don't know what exactly happened after he tried to barter for The Throne (or whatever they called it). We do know that he had already had less than the "full measure" of a man's soul. Maybe summoning Shuma-Gorath caused this? At any rate, he came back to the Necropolis and uttered a Black Priest Word of Power (?! they have yet to explain this!!!) to Namor and then he used an incantation from the Blood Bible to summon some Lovecraftian-esque entity that defeated the Great Society.

The bottom line is that Strange cannot be considered "Lawful Good" at this point. He is more or less "lawful neutral," and you could make a similar argument for God Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I just thought of something.

When Richards finds out that Doom's, um, with his wife and chilling with his kids, and Strange is cool with that.

Uh, outside of "the wife and kids are just playing the long game", I'm not sure how much I'd forgive him for that.

As Strange made clear, neither he nor Doom are omniscient. They don't know that 616 Richards survived (This is another point against Doom making 616 dopplegangers, btw). As such, taking Sue and the kids as his family is rather a quite responsibl thing to do. We know that he both cares for and respects Val deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Hickman also established on his run on Fantastic Four that the Infinity Gauntlet only works in the universe it was forged in because an AU Reed richards had the infinity guantlet but it didn't work in the 616 and given that Battleworld is an all new universe the Guantlet would be useless.
    Actually, Kurt Busiek established that fact in JLA/Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I got Major House Of M vibes from this preview.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Spectacular Member

I Am Enjoying The Art, The Upgrade Of God Dooms Armour Resembles Some Superior Iron Man Artistry, I Am Enjoying The Different Storylines For Each Individual Issue, Although We Know It's All Relative, I'm Sold So Far. fin (:

It seems odd to me that such important revelations are shown in the preview pages. Considering that future solicitations hint at Owen Reece somehow dying for everyone's sins and what appears to be a statue to Owen Reece's memory, I suspect far more is yet to be revealed. Especially since the cover images for Secret Wars #4 indicate the Beyonder(s) presence, perhaps in some shared state with Doom.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    As Strange made clear, neither he nor Doom are omniscient. They don't know that 616 Richards survived (This is another point against Doom making 616 dopplegangers, btw). As such, taking Sue and the kids as his family is rather a quite responsibl thing to do. We know that he both cares for and respects Val deeply.
    We don't know what Doom knows of the last moments of the 616 universe. It seems like Sue, Val and Franklin that are by Doom's side are the ones that were accidentally pulled out of the life raft. If so then it's more than possible he knows of the life raft and expects Reed and co to show up eventually.
    Last edited by Orbus; 05-31-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    It seems odd to me that such important revelations are shown in the preview pages. Considering that future solicitations hint at Owen Reece somehow dying for everyone's sins and what appears to be a statue to Owen Reece's memory, I suspect far more is yet to be revealed. Especially since the cover images for Secret Wars #4 indicate the Beyonder(s) presence, perhaps in some shared state with Doom.
    I suspect that Doom "absorbed" the Beyonders and they/it is still gnawing at his consciouness mind, This explain why for Strange this "play" is so important. He and doom are trapping them in a web of stories and faith(the power of stories and faith as well as the true meaning of prophecies had been some of Hickmans recurring themes one could notice)

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    How the hell would they destroy the cabal? those guys are basically unstoppable at his point
    Having Galactus as your personal bodyguard certainly helps

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Doom embracing Reed's family reminds me of the time Reed was trapped in Doom's Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Especially since the cover images for Secret Wars #4 indicate the Beyonder(s) presence, perhaps in some shared state with Doom.
    I'll be looking forward to this. I've been wondering if Baby Beyonder/Kosmos would be making an appearance.

I'm also interested in what Shaper of Worlds and Kubik might think of their "parental units" wiping out the multiverse, supposing they're still around. If not, then it's possible that the Beyonders, in erasing the multiverse, murdered their own (cosmic cube) "children" along with it.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 05-31-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    We don't know what Doom knows of the last moments of the 616 universe. It seems like Sue, Val and Franklin that are by Doom's side are the ones that were accidentally pulled out of the life raft. If so then it's more than possible he knows of the life raft and expects Reed and co to show up eventually.
    If Sue et al told Doom about the raft, and (as we have seen from the Cabal) those in the raft don't have memory loss, then I would fully expect Doom to have the 616 hero raft and their members locked up somewhere, in oder to prevent schism. So we will see

BTW Can I say one more time how awesome it is to see Doom &Strange together again? Way better than Klaw -aw -aw -aw...although I suppose Owen Reece filled that role to a certain degree, at least with the speech pattern bit
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 05-31-2015 at 07:32 PM.