Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57
  1. #31
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Not one gathered from Infinity Gems 'native' to Battleworld, though.

    The dialogue in the preview specifically says that working together, they saved what they could, created what they could not, and that there are still dangers facing this new world. That would seem to indicate either an ongoing external threat (such as the Beyonders), or internal threats from pieces of Battleworld that don't really 'fit'. Perhaps the process of pulling Battleworld together from all these pieces was rather rushed and not really able to be fine tuned, therefore the threats beyond the Shield (unless those are more deliberately there as a protection racket of sorts) and so on... which could mean whatever Gems exist on Battleworld, whether originally from one of the destroyed universes or created fresh for Battleworld, could well work.

    The 'saved some, created some' line allows for some of the Warzones to be defined as the actual Incursion zones or other pieces of destroyed realities, with the inhabitants' memories altered to believe there's only ever been Battleworld, and others to be fresh creations (or recreations of realities they couldn't save even a piece of), therefore leaving the question of whether the inhabitants of merged Manhattan are actually the 'real' 616 and 1610 characters up in the air.
    No, no, no, no, no. This is not right it is all incorrect. I think Doom tricked Dr. Strange and manipulated him into this. Doom is going to be shown as the villain he is. He's no true hero in this conflict. In fact all are corrupted.

  2. #32
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's "incorrect." You're making suppositions just as much as the previous poster. Disagree all you want, but don't say, "We have different opinions/interpretations, and therefore you are wrong." Come on.

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. This is not right it is all incorrect. I think Doom tricked Dr. Strange and manipulated him into this. Doom is going to be shown as the villain he is. He's no true hero in this conflict. In fact all are corrupted.
    Why is it wrong because it's not your opinion? What makes you right?

    Furthermore. Strange sold his soul to save earth in New Avengers, the guy has nothing left to keep him moral right now.

  4. #34
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. This is not right it is all incorrect. I think Doom tricked Dr. Strange and manipulated him into this. Doom is going to be shown as the villain he is. He's no true hero in this conflict. In fact all are corrupted.
    You fail to realize that Hickman has taken a different track with Doom. He is a big fan of the GN Doctor Strange/Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment. I know because I spoke to him in Artist's Alley at C2E2 in Chicago last month. I even showed him the pages from the GN that I own, the color guides that are pieced together to form the colored pages of the novel. He said they were the coolest things he'd ever seen. So yeah, he sees them as allies in this endeavor. But we will see how it all plays out.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. This is not right it is all incorrect. I think Doom tricked Dr. Strange and manipulated him into this. Doom is going to be shown as the villain he is. He's no true hero in this conflict. In fact all are corrupted.
    Read the preview. It is totally correct. Strange is fully cognizant of what happened in the creation of Battleworld, helped Doom with it, and opted not to take on the power of being the godhead in Doom's favor. Now he's actively supporting Doom with full knowledge of how things came to pass, even if we get the sense that it's primarily because Battleworld's continued existence (i.e., the continued existence of everything that's left from the multiverse) depends on Doom maintaining his power, though we don't know if that's because it just all falls apart if Doom is not believed to be God, or because there are specific external threats to deal with.

    Don't forget, Strange had already attempted to sell his soul and been told he didn't really have anything to offer on the deal, and then he was the boss of the Black Priests destroying Earths to stop Incursions. Also, none of this being true necessarily makes Doom a 'true hero'. Perhaps he's just a necessary evil for the continued existence of, well, anything.

    Could it still turn out that Doom has manipulated Strange, or messed with his memories, or wasn't really the one to construct Battleworld? Sure, I guess... but there's no real basis for it in the first two issues, or in the preview pages.

  6. #36
    Incredible Member kevinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Still doesn't answer some of the lingering questions from the first issue, but it at least hints at them. Even Doom seems to have a vague understanding of what happened during the creation of Battleworld. Maybe this issue will start to fill in the blanks. I think it needs to if it's going to continue the momentum. Marvel has a history of overlooking details and letting plot holes derail events. We saw it to some extent with AXIS. I don't think anyone wants to see it here.
    THIS! I am excited about an event for the first time in a long time, I just hope it doesn't fizzle out like they ted to do..

  7. #37

    Default

    This preivew looks exciting. The fact that Doom and Strange are completely aware of what happened makes this story even more intreging. This also means that the two life rafts have been in stasis for a LONG time. Story keeps getting better.
    Mark Allen Chi

  8. #38
    Mighty Member neohuey89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    Why is it wrong because it's not your opinion? What makes you right?

    Furthermore. Strange sold his soul to save earth in New Avengers, the guy has nothing left to keep him moral right now.
    Didn't the female demon angel person (I have no idea who that was) reject him? Didn't he do something else to acquire that power?

  9. #39
    Veteran Member Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    I just thought of something.

    When Richards finds out that Doom's, um, with his wife and chilling with his kids, and Strange is cool with that.


    Uh, outside of "the wife and kids are just playing the long game", I'm not sure how much I'd forgive him for that.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." DeRay Mckesson

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Lets hope someone can reign in Esad Ribic and tone down the :-o faces that nearly everyone had.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I just thought of something.

    When Richards finds out that Doom's, um, with his wife and chilling with his kids, and Strange is cool with that.


    Uh, outside of "the wife and kids are just playing the long game", I'm not sure how much I'd forgive him for that.
    I wonder what the Maker will think. He liked a lot that there was a world in which he married Susan and had a daughter like Val...when he finds that Doom has stolen that he will bring the pain.

  12. #42
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I wonder what the Maker will think. He liked a lot that there was a world in which he married Susan and had a daughter like Val...when he finds that Doom has stolen that he will bring the pain.
    Is Ultimate Sue dead? I haven't read Ultimate End yet. She was still around at the end of Ultimate FF.

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is Ultimate Sue dead? I haven't read Ultimate End yet. She was still around at the end of Ultimate FF.
    Even if she was dead in the Ultimate Universe, she could be alive in Ultimate End, like Steve and Thor.

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is Ultimate Sue dead? I haven't read Ultimate End yet. She was still around at the end of Ultimate FF.
    It doesn't matter if Ultimate Sue is dead or alive. The Maker knows that he has zero chances with her and is at peace about that. He just liked to know that, somewhere, in some other world, things worked for Sue and him, an they had that wonderful daughter (the Maker hasn't still met his 616 counterpart, but he has met Val once).

    He won't like that Doom stole 616 Reed's family. He would try to destroy Doom and steal his power anyways, but because of Sue and Val, he's more likely to go sadistic on his ass.

  15. #45
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junir View Post
    Lets hope someone can reign in Esad Ribic and tone down the :-o faces that nearly everyone had.
    that would be "duck" faces and youre welcome

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •