Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    BANNED

For me it's the fact that newer or younger characters are limited to "teen" series rather than big series just because they want to keep the oldies around. I don't know if anyone else feels this way though.

BANNED

Most of them would never have a proper ending

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    For me it's the fact that newer or younger characters are limited to "teen" series rather than big series just because they want to keep the oldies around. I don't know if anyone else feels this way though.
    I'll further add to many series happening it leaves you wondering when does it take place if it's of the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    I'll further add to many series happening it leaves you wondering when does it take place if it's of the same character.
    Well, yeah, when Superboy first appeared, they established it as fifteen years before Superman, so the first Superboy stories, published in 1949, took place in the mid-1930s. But by the time the Legion of Super-heroes showed up, they would sometimes forget that Superboy should exist 1015 years in the past for the Legion, not 1000. Does Superboy first meet the Legion in 1958, or 1943? But then that's something that often bothers me about time travel stories in comic books. They treat other times as if they were other places. To paraphrase Dr. Emmett Brown, "They're not thinking fourth-dimensionally."

Sometimes a character will wonder if they have enough time to rescue someone in the past. Well, of course you have enough time; you have a time machine, for heaven's sake!

Who was that x men character that could translate vast languages?
    He was killed, brought back, killed, brought back seriously if they don't want him alive then keep him dead but don't just keep bringing him back as it's like driving 50 miles then saying we aren't going to the concert turning around to drive 20 miles then repeating the same damn thing.
    Cypher.
    I was only around as long as the "Douglock" incarnation, which I didn't like anyway.

The lady stilt man
    It's damn stupid and laughable for how dumb it is. Not only is she using the name of a crappy super villain she adds no damn originality by adding lady to the name. She's not a man so using man in the name is not only false but also damn stupid.
    Adding lady into a existing name is damn lame.
    The stilt man saga is garbage that should have ended with the first stilt man.

I'll further add the no damn originality by adding lady, girl, she in existing names such as She Hulk, Thor Girl, Lady Punisher, Lady Stilt man, She Thing, Lady Octopus, etc.
    Lady Mastermind...
    Yeah, there's no reason why a female character couldn't use most of these names as is (though I could understand why they wouldn't want a second "Hulk" when the first one is still around.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Cypher.
    I was only around as long as the "Douglock" incarnation, which I didn't like anyway.

Lady Mastermind...
    Yeah, there's no reason why a female character couldn't use most of these names as is (though I could understand why they wouldn't want a second "Hulk" when the first one is still around.)
    Ok but I stand by lady stilt man may be of the dumbest most inaccurate names in comic book history as she's not a freakin man.

Undeniably Norman Osborn able to fool people he was framed as the green goblin. Considering how people found out Norman Osborn is green goblin it seriously seem like the only way to fool people is either make a deal with a hell lord, or have dormammu, Baron Mordo or some other evil magic powerhouse cast a spell.

Fans complaining about comics not being child friendly. I tend to like books that allow for fun, and am bored by self-consciously uber-serious comics, as they tend to highlight the sillier aspects of comics rather than elevate them. But I am more bothered by the fact that this happens because of editorial mandates to make a series more mature, as the writer's creativity is then artificially hampered by focus group thinking. A mandate for more child friendly writing would be just as hampering. Just let the writer do what they want and you'll get better results.

And it's not like you're depriving children of comic books by not being child friendly. Kids probably wouldn't read comic books much anyway. They have TV that doesn't force them to go out of their way and spend their allowance to get it. Superhero cartoons and movies are the way they kids get into the genre now, and that's just the way it is.

Also. Quit using the term "grimdark". I agree with many of the sentiments of the people who use it, but anytime I hear jargon I assume I'm listening to groupthink (Yes, I see the irony.) Jargon is a lazy way to take other people's ideas that have been reduced to their lowest-common-denominator definition and pass them off as your own.

A character being called a rip off when they could be a parody or homage to a character.
    If not a homage then just because there are noticeable similarities with said character and other said character doesn't mean they're a rip off.
    When you have a huge amount of similarities with almost no differences then it's a damn rip off as Agent America is of Captain America.

I recall some website did marvel dc ripoffs a video of it, and had iron man listed as a rip off of batman with listing only noticeable obvious similarities including they're millionaires but no damn differences including that Tony has had a the problem of being a alcoholic.
    If I put this up to agent America to captain America test it's not even freakin close iron man has vast similarities it's as if he's a apple while batman is a orange. Last I checked Tony stark is a super genius shown from his early years even before he became a teenager.
    I don't recall Bruce Wayne showing when he was a kid that he's another damn Sherlock Holmes he needed to push himself to get to that level. I'm not saying he was a idiot before that just nothing that showed he's a prodigy the way Tony stark long before he created the armor suit.

the worst thing about superhero comics for me is how they sometimes struggle to maintain a balance between being classic enough for a new fan to jump on while developed enough to interest the old longtime fans.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Who was that x men character that could translate vast languages?
    He was killed, brought back, killed, brought back seriously if they don't want him alive then keep him dead but don't just keep bringing him back as it's like driving 50 miles then saying we aren't going to the concert turning around to drive 20 miles then repeating the same damn thing.
    You're thinking of Cypher. However, they only killed/brought him back once.

But nothing in comics should ever be permanent. This goes for death, as well.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Beyond the characters that I like, I'm really turned off by the tights-and-underpants look. Whenever I see a new comic that has characters with costumes that have that look, my eyes generally glaze over and I move on.