Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default How did Kang the Conqueror get sold with the FF?

So, James Gun confirmed that Kang the Conqueror was sold to Fox with the Fantastic Four. How did this bs happen! Yea technically he first appeared in Fantastic Four, but as Rama-Tut, it was a while latter till it was revealed that they were the same person. And yea, I know he's related to Doom, but Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are Magneto's kids but Marvel can still use them. Kang has always been an Avengers villain, he should be in the MCU, the main villain of MCU Phase 4. Anyways, what's your thoughts on this stupidity?

Alink to the article: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-of-the-galaxy
    Last edited by William300; 05-29-2015 at 08:20 AM.

oh my. crushing news if true.

While we speculate a lot, we don't actually know what's in the various contracts governing film rights. Given Marvel's priorities at the time these deals were made, I wouldn't be shocked if they're fairly broad and fairly vague. It may very well include a blanket thing covering every character who first appeared in FF, or any number of other variations.
    Last edited by Expletive Deleted; 05-29-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

At the time it was probably an amazing deal. Movie rights to the FF and freaking Kang the Conqueror probably weren't worth 5 dollars back when Marvel sold them for a few million. You got to remember Marvel was facing having to close it doors forever when these deals were made.

I guess it was like.
    "hey Fox we need money, you already bought the X men and FF movie rights, but look at this character he is cool, he can travel throught time and have futuristic weapons."

I wish Disney would just give FOX a bag of money and take their toys back...

Either that or make some kind of deal like with Sony and Spider-Man....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I wish Disney would just give FOX a bag of money and take their toys back...

Either that or make some kind of deal like with Sony and Spider-Man....
    Well Fox will have to give something back if they want to get that X-Men TV show on the air and it won't come cheap.

I would love to see not only Kang.. but the Skrulls in the MCU. And Galactus!! There has been some toxic rumors surrounding the upcoming Fantastic Four film.. from removing the director from the editing room, to poor ratings in test screenings to extensive reshoots. So if it turns out to be horrible and unsuccessful film, maybe the one thing good that will come from it is Fox will finally let those rights revert back to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It very well include a blanket thing covering every character who first appeared in FF
    Kang appeared in FF first, as Rama-Tut.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStrongestOne View Post
    I would love to see not only Kang.. but the Skrulls in the MCU.
    Oddly enough, without the Skrulls, a lot of the Kree stuff seems a little off. Like why they would come to Earth all those years ago to create the Inhumans if there was no war to use them in.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

How the hell does Marvel have access to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but not Kang?! Kang is more of an Avengers character than both of them put together.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Kang appeared in FF first, as Rama-Tut.
    So did Black Panther and the Inhumans but Marvel has them.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Oddly enough, without the Skrulls, a lot of the Kree stuff seems a little off. Like why they would come to Earth all those years ago to create the Inhumans if there was no war to use them in.
    They'll just sub in another Alien race.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

they could say that it was the Chitauri they were at war at. it wouldn't be as interesting as the Scrull/Kree rivalry but it would help explain why they experimented in humans.

They'll have to choose a different alien race in place of the Skrulls I guess, to make it work. Then Axel Alonso will order a change in comic continuity/re-write history to match it of course!