Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Why?

The contracts probably don't state anything like that, but even aside from that, the mechanics would just be nuts. How many movies would they be permitted to go without using a character, before they needed at least for four second cameo?
    actually it does, in fact the reason Fox is putting out the most recent FF film is because the deadline was coming up. if a FF film isn't made for so long then the rights revert.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Weird how they ony partically own the skrulls. I guess it's like Wanda and Quicksilver. Weird how some of this works.

Though like I said in a different post for the most part you can simply replaces Skrulls with Chitauri and you're good to go. FF probably needs the Skrulls more honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Which alien races does Marvel have the rights for? The Badoon and Shi'ar are with Fox, and Skrulls are a legal grey area. It would be cool to see the Direwraiths be Kree's main rivals in the MCU. Play off the classic science vs magic rivalry and everything can write itself. Throw in the Space Knights while your at it.
    They'd probably just use the Chitauri. Since they're already established now and everything.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    actually it does, in fact the reason Fox is putting out the most recent FF film is because the deadline was coming up. if a FF film isn't made for so long then the rights revert.
    That has virtually nothing to do with what I responded to, which suggested that the rights to secondary or tertiary characters like Kang should revert back without use.

The FF are movie headliners. They're who you make the movie about.

Kang is always going to be, at best, a character in someone else's movie.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 05-29-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    That has virtually nothing to do with what I responded to, which suggested that the rights to secondary or tertiary characters like Kang should revert back without use.

The FF are movie headliners. They're who you make the movie about.

Kang is always going to be, at best, a character in someone else's movie.
    I'd love to see a movie about Kang though. See all the time travel and trying to save Ravonna from his perspective. Then end with him fighting a team of heroes (I guess it'd be the Fantastic Four and/or the X-Men) and have him lose due to his hubris.

i really think it's in marvel's best interest to stop killing their villains at this point. i didn't realize the situation were so dire.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i really think it's in marvel's best interest to stop killing their villains at this point. i didn't realize the situation were so dire.
    How many villains actually died in the MCU? The Iron Man villains and Ronin are the ones I'm aware of that are dead. Abomination is still alive somewhere, Red Skull got teleported to god knows where, Winter Soldier & Crossbones still breathing, Loki too popular to kill off, Ultron being an AI can easily be brought back.

the dark elf is dead, baron strucker, ....i really doubt ultron is returning as he wasn't that well-received.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Marvel needs just to go back on Kang being Rama-Tut and Presto! He's back to being attached to the Avengers. Similar to what they did with Wanda and Pietro no being mutants anymore.

Peace
    That's not how film rights work at all. Them changing Wanda and Pietro's origin had nothing to do with getting rights from Fox. It was them doing their synergy boner to try and match the Maximoffs up with their MCU counterparts, who can't be called mutants for legal reasons. Age of Ultron was also in production for several years before they dropped the comic retcon about them not being mutants, so again, that did nothing to help get their film rights.

Changing their affiliation does absolutely nothing to negate contracts. If Marvel made Wolverine an Inhuman and Storm a member of the Avengers and then went before a judge tomorrow claiming they get their movie rights back since they're no longer X-Men, they'd get laughed out of the courtroom.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-29-2015 at 11:07 AM.

BANNED

Sweet! Maybe Trank will use him in the FF sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, there's been some stuff leaking out from Trank that isn't very good. First of all, he says Sue was either the slutty secretary or the bright young scientist (Ultimate FF). I also saw where Fox had to pay for the damages caused at a home he rented for the shoot in Louisiana and there were reports on a MB frequented by movie crew folk that had some *interesting* reports about his behavior on set.. Now he removed himself from the Star Wars project he was working on. Some wondered if he was asked to make the statement to save face for all parties.
    I don't want to start debate if FF movie will suck or will it be okay, but I never understood that bit about Trank causing damages to some house that he rented (or was it rented for him? doesn't really matter I guess). I mean hows that relevant to the movie? So he might have some anger issues or maybe he was drunk/high, but it doesn't have to get in the way of him making good movies.

As for how this happened, Avengers wasn't very hot property back then, maybe Kang was thrown in to make FF deal look tiny bit better since they didn't think that anyone would actually buy Avengers property.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't want to start debate if FF movie will suck or will it be okay, but I never understood that bit about Trank causing damages to some house that he rented (or was it rented for him? doesn't really matter I guess). I mean hows that relevant to the movie? So he might have some anger issues or maybe he was drunk/high, but it doesn't have to get in the way of him making good movies.

As for how this happened, Avengers wasn't very hot property back then, maybe Kang was thrown in to make FF deal look tiny bit better since they didn't think that anyone would actually buy Avengers property.
    well, according to the daily beast in an article they published today, those rumours about josh trank were fabricated to Hollywood tabloids by unknown parties.

By my count, they've only definitively killed Iron Monger, Laufey, The Other, Killian, Malekith, Baron Strucker, Ronan, and Korath. Ultron too, but he can pretty easily be brought back. Out of that group, I'd say Ronan and Ultron were the greatest losses. The others all feel disposable to me in the comics (except maybe Malekith).

But yeah, I'd keep Zemo alive for sure. Crossbones too, just because I like Grillo. I am curious to find out who they're going to go to in the other films though. My ideas:

Doctor Strange: Dormammu and Baron Mordo seem like easy enough picks.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Quill's Dad?
    Spider-Man: It sounds like they're doing Osborn again, but I'm hoping that he's just background noise until later. Would love to see Mysterio get a shot.
    Black Panther: Klaw seems like the obvious choice.
    Infinity War 1 & 2: Thanos. Duh.
    Captain Marvel: I don't know who her villain will be. Maybe setting up Korvac?
    Inhumans: Maximus seems so obvious, but I'd love it if he weren't the main villain so much as a crazy wild card Black Bolt has. Would keep him from seeming too much like Loki. Maybe another Inhuman city?

well, according to the daily beast in an article they published today, those rumours about josh trank were fabricated to Hollywood tabloids by unknown parties.
    Can you provide a link?

As for GoTG2 villain, they could always attempt some Annihilation riff, just replace Annihilus with someone else.

[QUOTE=HsssH;1232178]Can you provide a link?
    QUOTE]

this is their article - http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...st+Articles%29

the parts about trank are located somewhere in the middle.