Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Clark on smallville had a very good reason for that, he told to Lana and she died. He reversed the time to not t=do that and then his father died. new 52 superman has only his patronizing and parciality, he totally told Jimmy but not Lois and it wasn't even gave any explanation and I doubt writers will explain.

there was many chances to make clark and lois close but writers blow up every time, they will probably keep blowing up and giving Lois role to others characters
    I remember when Lois had telepathic powers from Brainiac and was in a coma but asterially following him and knew his secret. She told him she would probably report it when she woke. That was a lobell issue before Doomed, so that might be why he didn't tell her but Jimmy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I remember when Lois had telepathic powers from Brainiac and was in a coma but asterially following him and knew his secret. She told him she would probably report it when she woke. That was a lobell issue before Doomed, so that might be why he didn't tell her but Jimmy
    she was possesed with Brainiac, and veritas said lois was under very dak influence. Funny enough she never told his secret, and she had a chance to do it. Again no a good reason for clark not telling it to Lois

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Like Blacksun said, it was made clear in that issue that Lois wasn't herself because Brainiac was corrupting her.

All-New Member

This just clearly proves that they don't know what to do with superman--other than to turn him into a batman analog. No, I am not interested in a powerless superman running around. I really wish writers would use their imagination instead of telling the same stories over and over again...

Quote Originally Posted by fredrol View Post
    This just clearly proves that they don't know what to do with superman--other than to turn him into a batman analog. No, I am not interested in a powerless superman running around. I really wish writers would use their imagination instead of telling the same stories over and over again...
    Given that we're about to begin a story where Clark's secret identity is public and it appears to be staying that way for a while, Jimmy's the close confidant instead of Lois, and Clark's having to learn how to handle his typical threats with a quarter of the power, I'd say there's actually a lot of imagination going on. None of these things have ever been done or explored long term, and certainly not all at once, but you know, whatever. Apparently only being able to create "small" earthquakes with your punches (Action preview) is being "powerless" and being powerless is being a Batman analogue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly when Batman became the patent holder of essentially every type of non-metahuman characteristic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly when Batman became the patent holder of essentially every type of non-metahuman characteristic.
    Me too buddy me too

Well, its because he's an orphan who uses a ridiculous secret identity and garish costume (complete with cape) to battle evil and save lives, while facing down some truly horrible and insane villains who want to uproot civilization as we know it. And he uses his civilian identity to help society in more traditional ways despite being considered something of a tool by those around him.

Wait......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, its because he's an orphan who uses a ridiculous secret identity and garish costume (complete with cape) to battle evil and save lives, while facing down some truly horrible and insane villains who want to uproot civilization as we know it. And he uses his civilian identity to help society in more traditional ways despite being considered something of a tool by those around him.

Wait......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Given that we're about to begin a story where Clark's secret identity is public and it appears to be staying that way for a while, Jimmy's the close confidant instead of Lois, and Clark's having to learn how to handle his typical threats with a quarter of the power, I'd say there's actually a lot of imagination going on. None of these things have ever been done or explored long term, and certainly not all at once, but you know, whatever. Apparently only being able to create "small" earthquakes with your punches (Action preview) is being "powerless" and being powerless is being a Batman analogue.
    i think superman is more like a mix of wolverine and cap america

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It's all in his belt. Like I think if you ask for the patent on a characteristic, Batman '66 will literally pull it from the belt.

Revealing his identity and making him more vulnerable isn't a story, it's a premise. I'd love to have some idea what's going to happen after that. I'll probably check out AC, since I'll drop DC till Batman is back, next Wednesday when I go to my LCS but I really would like them to give me some idea of the story. That's what I actually care about.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

Spectacular Member

I'm not excited about this arc! Is this story really about SM?? He wear a shirt with a S on it! But for me this isn't a story about SM, they have taken everything away from him starting with his powers, they have him sucker punching a friend Flash, they have him hurting a woman he says he loves with his words WW. I really don't know why their always depowering him!! I guess Dc doesn't know that one of things fans like about him is that he is one of the most powerful being in the world, but he's one of most caring being on the planet. The thing that has draw me to superman since I was a kid and what i love most about SM! He's a person with great power using his powers to save people but SM also care deeply for people!! It seems Dc want to wipe all of that out!! No I'm not excited about this story! Who is this man?? IT'S NOT SUPERMAN TO ME!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 06-06-2015 at 09:17 PM.

I was against it, but part 1 was pretty good read so I'll keep going. Mid 2000s till the reboot was the only time DC ran me off of Superman books. Now those were some dark years.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    i think superman is more like a mix of wolverine and cap america
    From i saw in Action #41, Superman is still strong. Not in the planet movng level strong, but still strong. He can still leap tall buildings. Can Captain America do that?

Looks like Superman is closer to his golden age power set.