Default Chuck Mullins art

Hello, Need feedback from true comic fans. I'm a National Award Winning artist making a push into the Comic Book and Graphic Novel genre. It has been a passion of mine since before I could read! I am making art and planning on doing the Comic Con scene to see how much noise I can make. I am planning on making a graphic novel and self-publishing or finding a great publisher who will take a chance on a newbie with talent and passion. Please give me all the feedback and corrective criticism you can muster! Forever in your debt, Chuck Mullins.
    www.Facebook.com/ChucksArtBox
    www.ChucksArtBox.com
    www.chuckmullins.deviantart.com/
    Instagram & Twitter: @ChucksArtBox
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chuck Mullins; 05-29-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Default Wolverine Best There is Art 01

Hello, Need feedback from true comic fans. I'm a National Award Winning artist making a push into the Comic Book and Graphic Novel genre. It has been a passion of mine since before I could read! I am making art and planning on doing the Comic Con scene to see how much noise I can make. I am planning on making a graphic novel and self-publishing or finding a great publisher who will take a chance on a newbie with talent and passion. Please give me all the feedback and corrective criticism you can muster! Forever in your debt, Chuck Mullins.
    www.ChucksArtBox.com

Default Spider-Gwen Selfie Art 01

www.ChucksArtBox.com

Default Deadpool Stick It Art 01

www.ChucksArtBox.com

Default Daredevil Angel or Devil Art 01

www.ChucksArtBox.com

Nice work, Chuck!
    You've obviously got a good grasp of anatomy, and finishing techniques. I love the lighting on Daredevil, for example.

If you're looking at doing sequential comics, I'd concentrate on tightening up the facial expressions. I'm not sure what the characters are feeling in some of these shots. Wonder Woman's giving us the kind of bottom-teeth-showing Marilyn smile, right? And Wolverine's snarling, but both of them have kind of dead eyes that don't quite keep up with their mouths. WW could benefit from having her lower eyelids slightly raised from her cheeks rising as she smiles. Wolvie needs a bit of tightened eyes and crows feet and so on if he's really letting go.
    These micro-expressions are a pain to get right, but really worth it when you nail them.

Gwen I'm not sure about. Is that a "hope no-one's seeing this" look, like a furtive sideways glance? Her eyes are speaking volumes, bu the mouth's kind of neutral.

Similarly. DD's got a lot going on in his picture, but not so much on his face, when he could be weary, or regretful, or sickened or a bit pleased with himself.

I'd also concentrate on drawing figures interacting with backgrounds. Getting up off a chair, climbing through a hole bashed freshly in a wall and having to bend down a bit, that sort of thing. These images are great, but they're all single figure with a separate background if any.

LIke I said, your art's awesome, and I think these areas would really lift it without too much extra work!
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

Now, Dr Mike 2000, that is some helpful dog gone good advice! I'd love for you to look at upcoming images I plan to post. I'm going to be doing some practice run sequential stuff which is much harder and will take some time but I'd love some more feedback. Thanks.

My pleasure, mate.
    Look forwards to seeing what you come up with next!
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

All-New Member

wow amazing work looks great dude