Next up, Ben has a couple of questions that pretty much everyone wants to know the answer to following the events of "Avengers & X-Men: AXIS" #7.

Are you addressing Magneto's reaction to not being the biological father of Wanda and Pietro?

I feel like I have to address it at some point. It's something that will probably come up once Polaris enters the tale.

How will it affect his relationship with Polaris now that she is his only child?

I feel like Magneto's relationship with Polaris has always been shockingly different than his relationship with [Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver]. He's not been a good father by any stretch of the imagination, but he's been a little more fatherly toward her. Maybe that's because her powers and his are so close in nature. Maybe he sees her as his legacy. Now that she is his only child, that sentiment might be amplified.

Magneto's always been viewed as a three-dimensional character because of his clear and understandable motives. Justinian has a question about your take on what drives Magneto.

What do you see as the main motivating factor for Magneto as a character? The protection of the mutant race or revenge against those he believes has wronged him and mutants in general?

Great question! I think that in Magneto's mind, the two have gotten so muddied he can't separate them. Revenge and protection are one in the same. He thinks about what has been done to mutants -- and that there are still those out there who would do them harm -- and it fuels a cold anger within him. And the thing that is the real driving force for Magneto is that he simply cannot let go of that anger.

Will "Magneto" tie into "Secret Wars" in the spring?

I probably should give you a cryptic "wait and see" but instead I'll say "definitely."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58622