Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    We are. Especially when we're too often told we're not true, real X-Men fans if we like Wanda.
    It's a shame people think like that. Wanda is one of the characters that I've liked the longest. I'm not going to stop just because of how she was written a few years back

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

We are. Especially when we're too often told we're not true, real X-Men fans if we like Wanda.
    YEA, I never Liked that Term, not just in X-Men Fan form, but in ANY Form!

Fans come in all shapes, sizes, opinions, likings. No one should be told they are not this or that cause they like this and with that like something else as well. IMO that is not right and gets away from what Fandom is and always been about, Variety and Personal Choice! Fans should have the Freedom to Like who they want to like in the degree they like them and not be called names for that. Respect should be give to all forms of Fandom, cause that is what makes this so amazing, the Variety of Fans we have!

It also goes with positives and negatives of you favorites as well. I know GREAT Wanda fans that have critical of her and how she is written, BUT that is only cause they love her so much they want to Best for her! I see and hear the Same of All character in All Books, that is how it is. So long as we like who we like and pay the best respects and support to who we like, we should respect one another, even when we disagree indeed. That is the nature of Fandom and what makes us each Individuals in the end!

Continue to BE YOU Cold Water the way you want your Fandom to be, that is Your Right and Honor to be a Fan For!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks my friend, Glad to have you Here as well, Major Thanks to another Great Storm Fan The High Priestess for Making the Thread Indeed!

Their are allot of X-Men I like Wanda to have more interaction with; her Sister Polaris, The Original Jean Grey, Nightcrawler and Storm are all high on my list!
    Jean Grey would be a must ! If there's an X-man who can actually relate to her, it'd definitively be Jean, the original.
    Sadly, both of them are no more for the time being.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Jean Grey would be a must ! If there's an X-man who can actually relate to her, it'd definitively be Jean, the original.
    Sadly, both of them are no more for the time being.
    Agree Indeed, she has been gone for WAY too long, I think Marvel has now greatly overplay their hand in keeping her dead for this long, it makes little sense at this point. Right now I think it is more based on what is going on in ANXM, but I keep hoping something from that story or anything else like it would lead to an Event Where we get the Original Jean Grey Back!

Also I agree to that the Original Jean Grey would have the Most Understand towards Wanda, especially how both went threw Horrible Possessions and manipulations by bad people. It is also on a positive way as well, I Feel Wanda and Jean has much in common and really they where the Lead Loving Ladies of Each of their Respected Teams since the Silver Age!

They set more groundwork and standards for some many other Female heroes to come since then, they are truly each Important and Legendary in that right alone! =)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I don't think there is much hate for the character imo. More of how she is being written. I like the character yet the writing for the her has been imo inconsistent to say the least. Cyclops is enemy number one for what he did when he was a host for the Phoneix and thrown into jail. Almost everyone is against him for what he did. Wanda who tore apart the Avengers and nearly wiped out the mutant race was welcomed back with open arms by the Avengers. As if nothing ever happened. With other characters making excuses for what she did. If they had at least written some of the Avengers as being unhappy with Wanda rejoining the team it would have made more sense. Hawkeye should have been truly angry. That was and remains the problem with some X-fans. I will concede that the writers seem to be finally addressing this and possibly fixing it as well. We will see what the future holds for the character.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    It's a shame people think like that. Wanda is one of the characters that I've liked the longest. I'm not going to stop just because of how she was written a few years back
    Well Said Phoenix Avatar, Well Said! I could not Agree more and Indeed you and me have a Similar Mindset! =)

Just cause a character was treated badly does not mean one should let that be the be-all-end-all, specially now a days with her coming back slowly to the MU. Indeed we should have Hope for her future, but also we celebrate her more positive past as well. I, you or anyone else cannot or should not put their Fandom on Hold just cause of so bad and badly written stories done to her.

In the end really, we only have 1 life to live, each day is the only day you will have for that day. We should not believe in waiting around for when all is back to normal or hold off cause of bad times. If that is a fans choice, that is their right to choice that Route. But we should not be waiting around and spending our life in Waiting for Marvel to give you an A-OK with everything, we should enjoy what we have and what we will have with our Favorite characters, especially Wanda!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I don't think there is much hate for the character imo. More of how she is being written. I like the character yet the writing for the her has been imo inconsistent to say the least. Cyclops is enemy number one for what he did when he was a host for the Phoneix and thrown into jail. Almost everyone is against him for what he did. Wanda who tore apart the Avengers and nearly wiped out the mutant race was welcomed back with open arms by the Avengers. As if nothing ever happened. With other characters making excuses for what she did. If they had at least written some of the Avengers as being unhappy with Wanda rejoining the team it would have made more sense. Hawkeye should have been truly angry. That was and remains the problem with some X-fans. I will concede that the writers seem to be finally addressing this and possibly fixing it as well. We will see what the future holds for the character.
    I give that the writers and editors from Children's Crusade, threw AvX, threw AvX Consquences and Finally Threw Uncanny Avengers could have and should have done a Better job in connecting the points and story of her comeback indeed. But also this seems to always be the Foil with the whole of the comic industry, they either do things to fast and leave out connector story-lines or they go to slow and drag their Feet with so much story you lose what they are trying to get it. The need to Find their Goldilocks area to beable to do it well, but indeed that seems to be Rare they many, even the industry, would like to have and even Then you can still find faults in the story.

I have no problems with the disagreements, nor do I have with the beliefs that things where missed my friend Sureshot, your question is an important one and one I like to talk about as well to help fill in the best I can to help let off some to the disapointments. But their is allot of Story to fill in, but I believe in small moment form each story their are good and bad parts to say why she was not brought back yet, and good and bad parts as to why. It is paragraphs long to go into, but I have seen and read it all and indeed the good just gets over the marker, but indeed Marvel could have done a better job with it by far. I am hoping for more recon and story as UA and other books and events go on.

The stuff with Cyclops is, IMO so over the top and confusing that I have lost track myself. I hope for the Best that Marvel Fixes all the messed up with him soon as well, I understand the best I can in hoping for the best that that mess is resolved, but indeed Marvel did not give better reasons for it, they just wanted a revolution story IMO and left out to many blanks to fill it in well to get to that.

In the end ALL I hope for is the BEST for Wanda's character, not just to get back 100% postive, but for AS MANY Holes as you see my friend to be filled in as much as possible, I Greatly want to see that as well. All we can to is wait and see what Marvel decides to give to use, but still they are on industry trying to get to the next $$$$$ making story or character, they leave allot behind sadly. I just Hope for the Best, I say the same for ALL other Fans Favorites and Marvel does the Beyond the Best they can to fill in those holes.

It was good talk to you Sureshot! =)

To be honest CJStriker I think both characters were just handled in a poor and inconsistent manner by the writers. Most X-men would dislike Cyclops for his killing of Prof X. As well as letting himself getting corrupted by the Phoniex force. Still at the very least some X-characters should have at least been written as being more understanding. After all he did have to contain a primal force of creation. As well some may have agreed with his more direct method of protecting mutants. Instead with a few exceptions everyone turned against him. Not something I found to be very realistic even for a comic. It was as you say a excuse to have a more revolutionary Cyclops.

Same thing with Wanda. They should have had some Avengers welcome her back. Some not. One or two characters even leave the team. At the very least have some question if they could trust the character or her sanity. Instead the wanted to bring the character back into the Avengers and had everyone glad to see her back. Which again even for a comic is unrealisitc to me at least. Out of the two I want to try and either retcon or address what the SW did to mutants. Fix what they did to the character. At least to some extent. Cyclops I actually prefer in a revolutionary role. It actually has me wanting to read more stories with the character.

BANNED

If Wanda had been written as you suggest, it would have just given her detractors free rein to spew all sorts of vile misogynistic garbage which we've all seen in no small measure on CBR over the years. I believe I saw one poster pitch an idea for a miniseries which would have consisted of nothing more than Wanda being repeatedly tortured and raped by the X-Men, and while most people weren't so stupid as to say anything like that outright, the common sentiment was unmistakable.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If Wanda had been written as you suggest, it would have just given her detractors free rein to spew all sorts of vile misogynistic garbage which we've all seen in no small measure on CBR over the years. I believe I saw one poster pitch an idea for a miniseries which would have consisted of nothing more than Wanda being repeatedly tortured and raped by the X-Men, and while most people weren't so stupid as to say anything like that outright, the common sentiment was unmistakable.
    True but imo that will never stop. Juat like "is Iceamn gay" style thread will either. Still imo it would have been better overall. Her being on the Avengers and none of them reacting in any negative way just felt sand feels forced to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post

Well, that didn't work at all, did it?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    It's good to see so many X-fans who like Wanda. I feel like we're a rare gem
    1. She'd be redeemable/loveable if she was written/shown to be truly sorry for her mistakes. They are (trying) getting there, but she made a HUGE no-no. But she still is pretty cool, and I can't say no to a mentally-disturbed Reality Warper (How I miss Legion ;-; )

2. If someone tells you you are not a true X-men fan for liking Wanda, then they obviously forgot that the X-men stand for acceptance u.u Though it is different from saying Wanda wasn't at fault for all she's done, but that's a whole 'nother story XD

Here she is in all her Reality-Warping prowess:
    2.1.jpg

Yeah guys let's not keep trolling this thread. If you do you are going to be banned. We get the point. All thoughts and ideas are being taken into consideration and the mods will discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Agree Indeed, she has been gone for WAY too long, I think Marvel has now greatly overplay their hand in keeping her dead for this long, it makes little sense at this point. Right now I think it is more based on what is going on in ANXM, but I keep hoping something from that story or anything else like it would lead to an Event Where we get the Original Jean Grey Back!
    I believe the most recent line on that was Marvel thinks bringing Jean back would sully some sort of "artistic integrity" her death portrayed. When you consider how many characters have died AND come back in the time she's been gone that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless you turn it back and conclude that narrative-wise Jean's death was the only one worth a damn.

But que sera sera.

Jean and Wanda are spiritual sisters for sure. If you didn't want to get into hard specifics you could write them out on paper and have trouble telling who's who.

-Premiere long standing members of their respective teams
    -Known for being nurturing and caring heroes
    -Blessed with powers that have near limitless potential that both scare their friends and have them in awe
    -Were the centerpieces of stories that rocked their franchises
    -And of course, very confusing love lives and children situations

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, that didn't work at all, did it?
    AvX? Nope, not a bit of it.

Our movie Wanda, Elizabeth Olsen, is engaged:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ment-time.html