Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default When the heck is Hickman's and Weaver's SHIELD 5 and 6 coming out?

http://www.newsarama.com/23093-dusti...wned-work.html

According to this article, they are all done. Have they been solicited even?

Hickman twitted some weeks ago :
    - And the final two issues of SHIELD are coming out in September.
    and :
    - @DustinWeaver12 - Pretty sure the plan is to re-issue 1-4 in a big catch-up issue and then 5 and 6.
    That's all I've seen.

Spectacular Member

Well, September is not so long away.... After all this time, I hope this finally gets completed! I've been SO disappointed at Marvel since they just nixed All Star Band of Heroes at #5 with three issues still to go. It was left completely unsettled and unfinished!

Hope it will have an official confirmation one day... and that Hickman - who, I think, was into that story when he pitched the SW thing to Marvel - had completed the script in a very cohesive way with his other works... That would be SO GREAT...

The story could explain a lot (I'm posting about it here and there....). And - one of the most important things - it features a CELESTIAL CHILD (can't get enough of Celestial...). As far as I know, and it's not that much, it's the only canon story (how could it be not canon : Hickman linked almost all his marvel works to it - Secret Warriors, FF, Avengers and New Avengers...) which import in the MU the planet as Celestial egg thing of Earth X...

Also : Leonardo in vitruvian man mode on the cover of the Siege mini....

Spectacular Member

Default Anyone aware of any further word on this?

Has there been solicits yet for SHIELD 5 and 6?

Fantastic Member

no yet, no

Seeing as everything Hickman is doing is at least a month behind regular schedule lately (except Secret Wars), I'm not holding my breath.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Spectacular Member

So, since September came and left, and there are no solicits for SHIELD 5 & 6, I guess these issues are STILL on hold. I wonder what the hold up is, as Weaver has said he's completely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    So, since September came and left, and there are no solicits for SHIELD 5 & 6, I guess these issues are STILL on hold. I wonder what the hold up is, as Weaver has said he's completely done.
    My hopes ? That it's closely related to his SW project. The lasts issues were set in three different 2060 IIRC, after leaving 1960 or something like that ? Also, I think that before publishing the last issues they had to publish the first ones. IIRC Hickman talked about a big issue for that - but reading the last interview, it seems that Marvel Editorial doesn't like big issues with big price a lot... IMHO the sheduling dates have to deal with those kinds of editorial thinking...

Those who are still interested in Hickman's SHIELD should also have a look to SIEGE #4 ! There's something really nice in it !...

So still no word on the release of 5, 6... Very frustrating and annoying to wait what - over 2 years to get a conclusion on this series.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

They just need to put the whole thing together in a collection and sell it that way. I really dont understand what the hold up has been on getting the last two out if they are finished either...

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Those who are still interested in Hickman's SHIELD should also have a look to SIEGE #4 ! There's something really nice in it !...
    Like what? Are you referring to the explanation of Leonardo having 4 arms?

Also. Weaver said on twitter to me a couple months back. That he would be continuing SHIELD after Secret Wars ends.

So it is going to officially end. Hopefully before the year ends.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookbeard View Post
    Like what? Are you referring to the explanation of Leonardo having 4 arms?

Also. Weaver said on twitter to me a couple months back. That he would be continuing SHIELD after Secret Wars ends.

So it is going to officially end. Hopefully before the year ends.
    Exactly ! And the issue is also fun and gives more elements about what happens in the end of SW#6 ! Enjoy !

At least SHIELD is still being mentioned now and then.
    I highly doubt Paul Jenkins will ever finish All Winners Squad: Band of Heroes.
    I wish Marvel would stop putting out compelling minis only to abruptly stop the series midway through.