BANNED

Default When do the jl books take place in comparison to the rest of the n52 universe?

Here's something that's been bothering me from reading all these DC previews post Convergence:

WHEN DO THE JUSTICE LEAGUE AND JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA BOOKS TAKE PLACE?

It seems that these two comics are still going to be using the Bruce Wayne Batman and the OP Superman. Meanwhile these characters solo titles have completely different characters starring in their stories, as Bruce Wayne is presumed dead after Endgame and Superman is not only depowered (or super weaker) but also no longer has a secret identity and is running around in his original N52 Action Comics uniform (shirt and jeans).

So again: when do the Justice League stories take place? Are the Justice League books always going to exist in a different timeframe from the rest of their shared universe? This just seem very confusing to me.

BANNED

Justice league of America is more like justice league confidential. It is going to feature various adventures league had which we never heard of, it is not going to crossover with justice league any time soon.

All these books are canon but it's not day to day continuity.
    Last edited by Stone Cold; 05-29-2015 at 03:16 PM.

Justice League by Geoff Johns runs normally with the setting of the DCU continuity its sets up the new status quos for the Universe as oppose to character focus status quos.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Darkseid War takes place sometime before the storylines of the Jim Gordon Batman and Superman in Truth. They're not going to go out of their way to explain any further though, part of the whole looser continuity thing. Just some general time before.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Darkseid War takes place sometime before the storylines of the Jim Gordon Batman and Superman in Truth. They're not going to go out of their way to explain any further though, part of the whole looser continuity thing. Just some general time before.
    We know for sure, then, that the DCYOU survives the confrontation between Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor.

I suppose we always knew it would, but it does take a little suspense out of DARKSEID WAR to know that even Darkseid and Anti-Monitor going head-to-head isn't enough to pooch the whole deal.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

DC isn't worrying too much about it, so I wouldn't recommend anyone else do. You'll be trying to put a logic order on something that isn't intended to have such.