Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Default Best Resurrections

What are the best examples - for you - of characters coming back to life? Either actually coming back, or just being revealed as not dead but hiding, amnesiac, stuck in another dimension?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Don't care what anyone says:
    1. Jean Grey. I was never really fond of the Dark Phoenix story, especially how it ended. The whole Phoenix Entity thing was a great unsaddling, imo.
    2. Illyana Rasputin. I hate Legacy Virus. I hate that she got it. I hate how she got it. And I loathed her deaging in the first place (so everything that came after is trash).
    3. Peter Parker. Still not wild about the "Superior" ordeal, but the comeback made for a good story.
    4. Piotr Rasputin. His death was a horrible-- made little sense (thankfully science doesn't have to go this way to cure things) and much too whiny to be very noble (sounded more to me like Piotr was saying, my life is crap so killing myself might be a reasonable alternative).
    5. Steve Rogers (in the block of ice)... but not sure if that really counts.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

For me:

Captain Britain (his second resurrection)
    It was good because it gave Alan Moore a nice chance to examine CB's convoluted history and reassemble it so it made some sort of sense, plus it gave Alan Davis a chance to draw a really cool resurrection scene.

Wonderman (first resurrection)
    It was just interesting to have a minor part of Avengers' lore suddenly come back to life. For the first year or two after his resurrection Simon was a really interesting character.

Adam Warlock (second resurrection)
    Nice and dramatic.

Mighty Member

Anytime Adam Warlock is resurrected is good for me.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Bucky as Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Off the top of my head, I'd say Bucky as Winter Soldier.
    Yep, pretty much this.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Smile the original 616 Marvel Girl!!!!!

I can never thank Jim Shooter enough for approving Kurt Busiek's idea!
    The 616 Dark Phoenix Entity commited genocide and could not live on with that crime because of the humanity instilled within her that she got from 616 Marvel Girl.

When 616 Marvel Girl finally died in 2004 she died a superheroine and not as a supervillainess the way the 616 Phoenix Entity's corporeal form did in Uncanny x-Men 137

Were I an X-Man than I would thank God that my friend, lover, teammate was absolved of genocide and that I can tell her how grateful I am that she is alive and apologize or make up for any harsh words I spoke to her before she 'died'