Midnighter
    Omega Men
    Prez
    Red Hood Arsenal
    Robin Son of Batman
    Section 8
    Starfire
    We Are Robin

They are all completely brand new, so new that they haven't even been released yet. They will all be released throughout June, which is very close now. You don't really need to know anything prior to get into them, and you'll be following many brand new comics from the very beginning!

One DC series I would highly recommend to you is Gotham Academy. The seventh issue comes out next month, along with the first trade paperback collecting the first six issues. If you like the art style of manga, I think you would definitely enjoy Gotham Academy.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by losttrigger View Post
    I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if this is in the right section (I'm sorry if this is the wrong section) also this question isn't just for marvel.

I've only ever read manga mostly because I like the art style a lot better but I also enjoy the characters/stories more. I'm not sure if this is important but it might help with finding a comic to read. I get all my comic book knowledge from movies/shows/youtube videos/wiki. I want to start reading comic books but I don't know where to start. Was thinking about Thor because I like the history and mythology but most of his stories is from 60 or so years ago and I'm not sure how the quality is.

I'm fine with any character(must have some super power) with a good story but I would prefer it if it is a recent comic/issue, but I can get over this if I have to. Thought about the new 52's but I hear there horrible haha but what do I know.
    Hi i'm into manga more to and let me tell you reading marvel and DC may not the best idea, there so many thing going on that you will have no idea what going with all that events and spin offs.
    in other hand DC and Marvel ar small part of what comic books are, IDW Boom dynamite and others comic poplshers gave better stand alon titles, marvel and DC more like a world building it fun as much as you gave it time to know every thing going on in it, the good thing about marvel universe that it have strong Continuity from the 60's that will new end .

these few titles that dosn't need to know any thing and stand alon titles . it take in mind you like things like thor
    John Carter
    Red Sonja
    Conan the Avenger
    Usagi Yojimbo (Older but you will like it)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (not the animation)
    Fables
    Y - The Last Man
    Transmetropolitan

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    She was in two issues of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Neither of which does anything for her in terms of character development.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Next month, we mere mortals get to put into our hands the first issues of WEIRDWORLD.

Get weird with us, man!

-Pav, who is so ready...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The current Ms. Marvel is so new, she hasn't even appeared in anything else. Just get her mainline series to start with.

616 is THE timeline for Marvel. Almost every book ever written is based in 616. This is practically common knowledge.
    You said she hasn't appeared in anything else which is factually wrong, not only that but you managed to belittle the poster asking an honest question in the process.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 05-31-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Ms. Marvel, outside of her own ongoing, has not only appeared in two issues of Amazing Spider-Man, but also appeared in Shield #2, Inhumans #9, and Inhumans Annual #1.

She also has made extremely brief cameo appearances in Original Sins #1 and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #5, and was featured as one of the main protagonists for the FCBD Avengers comic.

Whether they do anything for her character development or not, she did in fact appear in these comic issues.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa