Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    yep hahaha

but seriously the woman is a random one. not another superheroine that should have her own love interest. so it get a pass easily. It was more comic than anything sexual, all the puns also made this funny.

maybe we should move WW to grayson? I wouldn't oppose;
    Batman would be annoyed
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Meh. I've said my due in that other thread in the Superman forums but the moderators deleted almost everything along with other posters posts.

Just let me say this - maybe I'm assuming too much, but I think we SM/WW fans have to thank Blacksun for Tony Daniel revealing that panel. Again, maybe I'm assuming too much, but the timing was perfect. Thanks, Blacksun!

I still think that DC censored that panel for all the wrong reasons. Nobody will convince me otherwise. I also think that important comic book sites misused their influence and the concept of feminism for arbitrary fictional pairing preferences. I refuse to accept the oppinion of sites that never wrote a single article examining the deeper problems with the Joker/Harley 'relationship'. For me it's a scandal. As simple as that.

Finally, are the non-fans of this pairing really going to force us to search the internet for examples of other pairings to show how tame that panel was? I'm sure we could flood this thread with dozens of more racy panels after a 15 minute search. But some time ago I found a panel of Lois and Clark in a bathtub full of molten chocolate. I still haven't got over the trauma. Please don't make me go through that again.

_ _
    ___

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Meh. I've said my due in that other thread in the Superman forums but the moderators deleted almost everything along with other posters posts.

Just let me say this - maybe I'm assuming too much, but I think we SM/WW fans have to thank Blacksun for Tony Daniel revealing that panel. Again, maybe I'm assuming too much, but the timing was perfect. Thanks, Blacksun!
    what? so tony daniel follow my forum or tumblr posts?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Batman would be annoyed
    no, he is dead. he could change places with his post crises lol

BANNED

yep hahaha

but seriously the woman is a random one. not another superheroine that should have her own love interest. so it get a pass easily. It was more comic than anything sexual, all the puns also made this funny.

maybe we should move WW to grayson? I wouldn't oppose;
    Aaaand there you go. It's not the first post either, I remember plenty of times when you said Diana should get lots of sex with many different people. Very happy to talk about sexy times. Just not with Superman. Perfect double standards example right here in this thread. Thanks.

Extraordinary Member

One thing this panel revelation seems to suggest is that Superman and Wonder Woman not getting naked on panel is NOT happenstance. DC is actively avoiding it.

Evidence? Well, even if space was the problem they still could have shown them in bed in smaller panels. But they didn't. The boots thing and ruffled hair now seems very much editorial mandate that you have to leave the situation ambiguous enough that there is nobody can say definitively "Yeah, that just happened."
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

One thing this panel revelation seems to suggest is that Superman and Wonder Woman not getting naked on panel is NOT happenstance. DC is actively avoiding it.

Evidence? Well, even if space was the problem they still could have shown them in bed in smaller panels. But they didn't. The boots thing and ruffled hair now seems very much editorial mandate that you have to leave the situation ambiguous enough that there is nobody can say definitively "Yeah, that just happened."
    like you said, maybe they want to have a clearer slate for when sm come back lois and ww to steve

BANNED

like you said, maybe they want to have a clearer slate for when sm come back lois and ww to steve
    It would be really pathetic. We are in 2015. Heh, I'm being dramatic, but it would be really ridiculous.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 05-30-2015 at 07:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    It wasn't a random woman. She was another Spyral agent. His trainer, in fact. She was teaching him how to be an agent. Hence, her disdain for his superhero background and his refusal to use his gun.

And Grayson is supposed to be James Bond right now. There will be no long-term relationships in his foreseeable future. So, unless you want to see Diana becoming yet another notch on a womanizing secret agent's belt? You might want to re-think that.
    it was a new character, that was only on two issues before dying. just a plot device

If WW is the one doing the seducing and taking inicitiative,possibly have others lovers, he would be a notch on her lasso.

anyway I talk this things kidding, ww is on another level very far away from grayson. Only if all dc get drunk something would happen

Aaaand there you go. It's not the first post either, I remember plenty of times when you said Diana should get lots of sex with many different people. Very happy to talk about sexy times. Just not with Superman. Perfect double standards example right here in this thread. Thanks.
    preferences. superman has too much bad baggage for it, and ww deserves to sleep with more people than sm that she was tied all those last 30 years.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-30-2015 at 08:19 PM.

I still think that DC censored that panel for all the wrong reasons. Nobody will convince me otherwise. I also think that important comic book sites misused their influence and the concept of feminism for arbitrary fictional pairing preferences. I refuse to accept the oppinion of sites that never wrote a single article examining the deeper problems with the Joker/Harley 'relationship'. For me it's a scandal. As simple as that.

Finally, are the non-fans of this pairing really going to force us to search the internet for examples of other pairings to show how tame that panel was? I'm sure we could flood this thread with dozens of more racy panels after a 15 minute search. But some time ago I found a panel of Lois and Clark in a bathtub full of molten chocolate. I still haven't got over the trauma. Please don't make me go through that again.

_ _
    ___
    Hahahaha. Twitter is a funny place dumbduck. You'll see and find wonders especially when you are sm/ww fan.I think angry detractors use our tags more than they discuss anything else.

Extraordinary Member

I'm still waiting for the thread to be flooded with racy panels

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Hahahaha. Twitter is a funny place dumbduck. You'll see and find wonders especially when you are sm/ww fan.I think angry detractors use our tags more than they discuss anything else.
    Hey, they contribute even when they don't want to. They've given me plenty of great ideas. Thanks folks, every SM/WW thread would be much less funny without you.

I'm still waiting for the thread to be flooded with racy panels
    You are a cruel man. Finding panels is easy as heck. It's finding the covers to know the rating of the book that's time consuming. Still, I bet we could find racier stuff even in PG rated books. You know what, you do it. Just warn me before you post. I've run out of eye bleach.

BANNED

It would be really pathetic. We are in 2015. Heh, I'm being dramatic, but it would be really ridiculous.
    It's not about it is 2015, it's about story telling. they can't make a big deal about lois and clark and steve & diana if they give everything to smww. it's simple like that

BANNED

It's not about it is 2015, it's about story telling. they can't make a big deal about lois and clark and steve & diana if they give everything to smww. it's simple like that
    From the 'where do they go..." thread: (I think we really don't need to reinforce how ridiculous this whole situation really is. But since folks like to pretend on being obtuse...)

This thread is a non-starter. Where do they go... from where? The panel was not published. It's not official. It still 'didn't happen', Brettc. 3 years after the 1st kiss, 17 regular issues, one annual and they can't even cuddle in bed. Meanwhile we got Dick validation jokes. It's enough for anyone to be a Dick about things. I guess Clark was too worried with Dick performance issues. Dick told him to mind his own business but Clark can be such a dick.

I think that Clark and Diana being forbidden a simple cuddle scene is ridiculous. One word, DC - Money. Are you going to control what is shown in Grayson? Will you defend your censoring decisions for the public who pays for it? Things have gone way beyond double standards, BS, hypocrisy, selective feminism, shipping mafias, crancked censorship. It's pure insanity.

EDIT: I can't resist it: 3 years after the 1st kiss, 17 regular issues, one annual and they can't even cuddle in bed. Absurd.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 05-31-2015 at 10:23 AM.

BANNED

From the 'where do they go..." thread: (I think we really don't need to reinforce how ridiculous this whole situation really is. But since folks like to pretend on being obtuse...)

This thread is a non-starter. Where do they go... from where? The panel was not published. It's not official. It still 'didn't happen', Brettc. 3 years after the 1st kiss, 17 regular issues, one annual and they can't even cuddle in bed. Meanwhile we got Dick validation jokes. It's enough for anyone to be a Dick about things. I guess Clark was too worried with Dick performance issues. Dick told him to mind his own business but Clark can be such a dick.

I think that Clark and Diana being forbidden a simple cuddle scene is ridiculous. One word, DC - Money. Are you going to control what is shown in Grayson? Will you defend your censoring decisions for the public who pays for it? Things have gone way beyond double standards, BS, hypocrisy, selective feminism, shipping mafias, crancked censorship. It's pure insanity.

EDIT: I can't resist it: 3 years after the 1st kiss, 17 regular issues, one annual and they can't even cuddle in bed. Absurd.
    stop complaining for little things. Brett waited almost 30 years to see steve young and him dating WW and then no even a kiss happened on new 52. there is people in a ever worse position than you, including me.

BANNED

stop complaining for little things. Brett waited almost 30 years to see steve young and him dating WW and then no even a kiss happened on new 52. there is people in a ever worse position than you, including me.
    You are partially right. There's a few things to consider: We SM/WW fans have the right to defend ourselves if fans of other pairings come in SM/WW threads to criticize it. I honestly think the situation with the SM/WW pairing borders the ridiculous. I've seen 'shipping' wars from the sidelines and laughed a lot at the shenanigans (Naruto, Harry Potter, etc). I never thought I'd be caught up in this kind of insanity. Stolen capes, stolen kisses. Really? Dancing is copyrighted, sparring is copyrighted, 'battle coupling' is copyrighted. Even thought Clark and Diana did all of this before.

I'm sorry for Brett, but I can't really have any pitty for you. Batman had an entire freaking cartoon universe dedicated to making him the alpha dog of the DC universe. With a much wider reach than comics. An even now the entire laws of reality of the DC universe bend themselves over backwards into a pretzel to suit the needs of Batman and the Batclan. And poor little Batman can't have a comic with Wondy? He's being oppressed? Excuse me while I shed a tear for your character.