Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I don't see why women shouldn't be allowed a sex life. I'm all for equality and think women shouldn't have to justify their horninmess or feel they should blame men for their actions. Go ahead and get your thrills, Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 05-30-2015 at 08:53 AM. Reason: off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Freako View Post
    I don't see why women shouldn't be allowed a sex life. I'm all for equality and think women shouldn't have to justify their horninmess or feel they should blame men for their actions. Go ahead and get your thrills, Wonder Woman.
    It's less about women having a sex life and more about it being shown in a tasteful manner. Remember these are fictional characters who's behavior is at the whims of writers and editors who don't always have the best ideas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That seems incredibly tame compared to some of the stuff Marvel has put out, like the She-Hulk and Hercules scene, or the X-Factor cover featuring naked Gambit.
    you didn't saw the uncesored version of the gambit one...well it is beefcake that comics are in fault with women and gay men.
    marvel doesn't publish scenes like she hulk ones anymore.

well there was Gamora and Tony stark drawn by a WOMAN sara pichelli, but it is funny not in a flatering way for stark.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    While its flattering to be given this kind of credit I think there is another reason as to why the editors didn't want it in there.

My strong belief is still that they don't want to have to deal with visual evidence of Superman having done it with Wonder Woman when they want to bring Lois back as his love interest. It just opens a whole complex and unpleasant can of worms about Superman and Wonder Woman being in the Justice League together after they have had sex and then don't anymore, and Lois having to deal with that.

I mean, if you were Lois Lane would you want to be compared in bed to Wonder Woman? Would any female human? Or for that matter would Steve want to be compared to Superman?
    for sure not, I'm not a perfect goddess with superstrenght.

the critics were on point about writer and artist

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's less about women having a sex life and more about it being shown in a tasteful manner. Remember these are fictional characters who's behavior is at the whims of writers and editors who don't always have the best ideas.
    it's weird that WW only have a sexual life with superman
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-30-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Considering the huge amount of controversy that Catwoman and Batman having sex caused at the start of the new 52
    It looks like DC made the right call.
    some fans obviously want to see explicit proof of them having a sexual encounter for "reasons" but overall its unneeded bringing up other instances of sex which got ripped to shreds like harley and deadshot or batman and catwoman or even starfire from red hood and the outlaws is just ridiculous

Its just easier to ignore the pairing without scenes like this and DC seems to want to move away from it lately

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Considering the huge amount of controversy that Catwoman and Batman having sex caused at the start of the new 52
    It looks like DC made the right call.
    some fans obviously want to see explicit proof of them having a sexual encounter for "reasons" but overall its unneeded bringing up other instances of sex which got ripped to shreds like harley and deadshot or batman and catwoman or even starfire from red hood and the outlaws is just ridiculous

Its just easier to ignore the pairing without scenes like this and DC seems to want to move away from it lately
    Not true. Pick up the Smallville comic and you'll see implied sex, post sex, about to have sex between unmarried lois and clark. The only difference is no one went of their way to attack it. SM/WW on the other hand are honored to get attacked for just being. As Docha said 3 yrs later and on the forum you still have people coming to gripe about the fact they don't like them together when the fact is they are together and share a title and anything to do with discussing them or their book never gets discussed properly but gets trolled by some who can't just accept well the book might not be for them there are other people enjoying the book.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-30-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freako View Post
    That would be accepting that women can't be anything but virgins or whores. It would mean judging women ...well by men's standards and looking at them equally. The feminist icon WW can't have that.

Well, this is pretty tame, i wonder how the people that think that this is "too racy" would react to the an X-men comic ?.

Hi everyone,

Have had to delete a couple of posts as off topic. Please remember that when setting up a thread, the Original Poster has the ability to set up the parameters of the discussion, like in appreciation threads. In this case, the original poster was specific about wanting to discuss whether the image itself was too racy, not the inherent value of pairing Superman and Wonder Woman.

Thank you,

Javier

Extraordinary Member

I'm deleting my post here to move the discussion to another thread, in order not to derail this one.

Sticking more to the topic - maybe it was cut because they don't give Superman abs.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-30-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

It's entirely possibly, though I wouldn't take this stance, that the picture in question is too racy, and the real question is why did they get away with what they did in Catwoman #1 or various Nightwing scenes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    It's entirely possibly, though I wouldn't take this stance, that the picture in question is too racy, and the real question is why did they get away with what they did in Catwoman #1 or various Nightwing scenes.
    they didn't got away with Catwoman #1. nightwing i don't know, I didn't read it.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    they didn't got away with Catwoman #1. nightwing i don't know, I didn't read it.
    http://www.thedailycrate.com/wp-cont...on-3-cover.jpg

http://infinitecomix.com/wp-content/...n3-Agent-8.jpg

Here you go. This happened, like a year ago. And I don't remember ANYONE griping about it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    http://www.thedailycrate.com/wp-cont...on-3-cover.jpg

http://infinitecomix.com/wp-content/...n3-Agent-8.jpg

Here you go. This happened, like a year ago. And I don't remember ANYONE griping about it.
    Is this Superman and Wonder Woman?

There you go
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Is this Superman and Wonder Woman?

There you go
    yep hahaha

but seriously the woman is a random one. not another superheroine that should have her own love interest. so it get a pass easily. It was more comic than anything sexual, all the puns also made this funny.

maybe we should move WW to grayson? I wouldn't oppose;

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    yep hahaha

but seriously the woman is a random one. not another superheroine that should have her own love interest. so it get a pass easily. It was more comic than anything sexual, all the puns also made this funny.

maybe we should move WW to grayson? I wouldn't oppose;
    It wasn't a random woman. She was another Spyral agent. His trainer, in fact. She was teaching him how to be an agent. Hence, her disdain for his superhero background and his refusal to use his gun.

And Grayson is supposed to be James Bond right now. There will be no long-term relationships in his foreseeable future. So, unless you want to see Diana becoming yet another notch on a womanizing secret agent's belt? You might want to re-think that.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--