Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    so are you all more worried with the way they've ranked these villains or with who is (or is not) on the list?

I am surprised that FB appears on the list instead of say Angle Man or Dr. Cyber but otherwise it pretty well covers her major long-time villains. The ranking feels super arbitrary to me though.
    Not really since at the end of the day, it is just one man/woman who wrote this list of favorites down over the course of an afternoon, not a major indepth study. And the list just shows the writer to be a big fan of the Azzarello run.
    I am not so sure if the list is difinitive more than it is modern. It's a list for today with characters that might appear in the movie. And as the OP said; Diana is likely to be facing an Olympian, not a dude with a strange gizmo or Aquaman's angry aunt.

For a myth-inspired Amazon super-heroine, a hunter/assassin villain, with powers that mimic the occult, seems like a perfect fit. If you're looking for a modern, cool Wonder Woman SV, ..a Deathstroke-type, who can turn people into zombie-like servants, with enhanced physical abilities, is guaranteed to be a sought after badguy in the DCU. Do you really think that a creative team for almost any other comic couldn't make this guy a fan favorite villain? So, what are the editors of WW doing with him?

Can anyone here guess...? It starts with 'na' and ends with 'da'. BUSHMASTER, a creation of Roy Thomas's, is just sitting in the rogues binders, collecting dust.

Where the Wonder-villains are concerned, it's the creative and artistic waste - the chronic, perennial waste - that drives me crazy. There's no way Stan Lee, at his creative peak, would have Bushmaster sitting in mothballs. No way. I don't know how the WW team continues to get away with it.

The same goes for the Adjudicator, S.C.Y.T.H.E., Queen Atomia and some of the other SVs that I mentioned.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-08-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

How many male villains due Diana have? I know she has Ares, Dr.Pysho and Angle Man but how many does she have?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How many male villains due Diana have? I know she has Ares, Dr.Pysho and Angle Man but how many does she have?

There's also Aegeus, Minister Blizzard, Bushmaster(horrible name....), the White Magician, Paper Man,the Duke of Deception, the Earl of Greed, Red Panzer, Baron Blitzkrieg, Armageddon, Kung, and Sumo the Samurai.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    There's also Aegeus, Minister Blizzard, Bushmaster(horrible name....), the White Magician, Paper Man,the Duke of Deception, the Earl of Greed, Red Panzer, Baron Blitzkrieg, Armageddon, Kung, and Sumo the Samurai.
    I think the list of men who have appeared in more than just a handful of comics would only include Ares, Psycho, Angle Man, Duke of Deception, Deimos and Phobos, and the White Magician. I guess Kung too since he was a part of Heinberg's group of villains.

Just imagine all of the young writers and new writers of comics, racking their brains for ideas for super-villains, ..and the WW comic is just SITTING on great adversaries, like the Adjudicator, Queen Atomia and Doctor Cyber. Like...huh?

I'm so sick of reading some hack blogger, after watching a Super Friends episode on YouTube - one episode - regurgitating this tired line about Wonder Woman not having a serious rogues gallery. Of course, she does. At what point, do we, at LEAST, ask the editors, why they aren't corralling some capable writers to use these super-villains, created for use in WW, ..in WW? It's like Diana and her Invisible Plane; are we the ONLY ones, who are seeing this?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-13-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Just imagine all of the young writers and new writers of comics, racking their brains for ideas for super-villains, ..and the WW comic is just SITTING on great adversaries, like the Adjudicator, Queen Atomia and Doctor Cyber. Like...huh?

I'm so sick of reading some hack blogger, after watching a Super Friends episode on YouTube - one episode - regurgitating this tired line about Wonder Woman not having a serious rogues gallery. Of course, she does. At what point, do we, at LEAST, ask the editors, why they aren't corralling some capable writers to use these super-villains, created for use in WW, ..in WW? It's like Diana and her Invisible Plane; are we the ONLY ones, who are seeing this?

Enlighten me on Queen Atomica.

I think if Geoff got the chance to write Wonder Woman he would use Adjudicator.

Astonishing Member

Lets face it. Wonder Woman has struggled with having a good rogue gallery.
    Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Giganta. Thats about it. The new 52 have immensely given her villains a new lease of life. Apollo, Eris/Strife, Hades, The First Born, Artemis and even Grail. I would say the newsarama list is a good list of villains that she could possibly face on big screen. Perhaps She should delve into the greek mythos in the first movie, then have more greek mythos and have Circe into the mix for the second movie, then have greek mythos and Grail closing the last movie with Grail leading into the final justice league movie.