Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Avengers Assemble

Last few weeks i was watchin The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and wow that was good tell the end, now i hear bad things about Avengers Assemble, i want to watch it but i want to know if it is good, and what other good marvel cartoons made in the last few years.

I don't want to sound like an angry little kid but I hate Avengers Assemble with a passion.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I too hate Avengers Assemble. Much like Ultimate Spidey and Agents of SMASH it treats it's audience like idiots. I know it's for kids but there's more than can do to grabs kids then throwing stupid at them.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I too hate Avengers Assemble. Much like Ultimate Spidey and Agents of SMASH it treats it's audience like idiots. I know it's for kids but there's more than can do to grabs kids then throwing stupid at them.
    I know right. People say that they are kid's shows so we shouldn't expect to much out of them, but Batman the animated series and Young Justice are "kid's shows" to but they are intelligently written.

Avengers: EMH is one of my favorite cartoon series right up there with Batman, 92 X-men, and the first arc/season of Yugioh (lol i used to love that ****).

AA is... mediocre at best. I can watch it, it has some cool things abotu it, but it just seems so weak compared to EMH. It isn't as bad as say... Ultimate Spider-Man but it isn't as good as say... Wolverine adn the X-Men
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I work at an elementary school, the younger kids (K-3) really love Avengers Assemble and Agents of SMASH. Ultimate Spider-Man is popular with all ages (except 6th graders because they are "too cool" for, well, anything kid-related*). In general though, I would say Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are more popular than anything else with the younger kids. I've asked loads of kids who their favorite Turtle is and almost universally the answer is Rafael (followed by Mickey and Leo, no one votes for Don). When asked who their favorite Avenger is, opinion is usually split between Hulk and Iron Man (although Cap and Thor get lots of votes too (no one votes for Nat, Sam or Clint)). When asked who their favorite superhero (in general) is, Batman, Superman, Hulk and Spider-Man are the clear winners (Iron Man is close though). The Clone Wars was kind of popular (Anakin and Yoda were the most popular characters). Rebels basically gets no mention from younger kids. Teen Titans go is known but not really watched by the younger kids. It is the older kids who like Teen Titans Go.

*We were doing state testing on computers earlier this year. Student complete their tests at different times, so the kids who finish early were asked to read silently until everyone was done. One 6th grader had a copy of Rage of Ultron that he seemed to really like. It got passed around the classroom and all of the boys loved it. Back when Death of the Family was on going, one of the 6th graders had two or three of those comics with him for reading material.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I know right. People say that they are kid's shows so we shouldn't expect to much out of them, but Batman the animated series and Young Justice are "kid's shows" to but they are intelligently written.
    Kids are not a monolithic group. What appeals to younger kids does not always appeal to older kids (and vice versa). Avengers Assemble is definitely targeted downward, while Batman and Young Justice are targeted upward.

I also really don't like Avengers Assemble. I have to admit I have a very soft spot for EMH, since it's the show that got me into comics in the first place (nope, it wasn't the movies, sorry Marvel :P) I must say that I didn't watch every episode of AA since all I've watched made me roll my eyes, so I sort of just gave up.

The mood and spirit of EMH is so faithful to the comics, whereas AA is more movie-oriented, IMO. And while EMH could appeal to both kids and adults, AA seems very dumb in comparison.

And if your favorite character is Wasp, Black Panther or Ant-Man/Giant-Man (the one every comics/EMH fan knows, not the one Marvel is pushing down our throats), you're not going to like AA. At all.

If you're a fan of female representation, you're not going to like it either. I think BW is the only female hero there, and I've heard she wasn't in a lot of episodes. But this is just hearsay, so I could be wrong.

I heard avengers assemble is a little better now than when it started.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I heard avengers assemble is a little better now than when it started.
    Yeah, will say AA has improved in its second season but still prefer Earths' Mightiest Heroes.

A:EMH is amazing, but AA is pretty good. It was a rocky start as look what it was following, but I really enjoy it now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

I think AA is cool in that its a show that, even though its popularity rides on the back of the MCU, dares to use mostly 616 looks with characters like Falcon, Thor, and Black Window. I bet if they didn't make this show in-continuity with USM, they'd have done a 616 Fury. Now, I LOVE the Ultimate U in comics, but I think it's cool to have just one outside medium that draws from 616 more aesthetically.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes was definitely pretty excellent. Assemble started off horribly but became halfway decent in the second season.

Niffleheim

Does Marvel have comics for their animated and live tv shows?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almozayaf View Post
    Last few weeks i was watchin The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and wow that was good tell the end, now i hear bad things about Avengers Assemble, i want to watch it but i want to know if it is good, and what other good marvel cartoons made in the last few years.
    The story telling was great in EMH but got dumbed down for Avengers Assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Does Marvel have comics for their animated and live tv shows?
    Yes they do. They had one for Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Avengers Assemble. I got them all lol. Avengers Assemble comic is on Season 2 now. Check at your comic shop and see if they have them.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark