View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Yes!! I am not the only Blue Beetle fan on this forum! What a relief haha. MY favorite Blue Beetle is obviously Jaime Reyes, I just like his look, supporting cast, and villains not to mention he was pretty awesome in Young Justice, Batman:BATB, and Smallville. I don't know much about Ted or Dan to be honest but I can appreciate the fact that they came before Jaime and are a part of his mythos/story.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I like Jaimie the best, but dear lord, was his New 52 series a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I like Jaimie the best, but dear lord, was his New 52 series a disappointment.
    Not only did they take away many of things that I loved about his original series(by the always amazing Keith Giffen) it was just plain boring, hopefully he pops up somewhere else soon.

If only this live action show came to fruition! I think the Blue Beetle mythos could support its own show especially when building on the legacy, using the reach, delving into the Titans and just using some BB villains. It make for an entertaining show

I'm a big fan of all three Blue Beetle, although Ted was always my favourite. Strangely enough, I first encountered him in the pages of an AC Comics one-shot from 1983:

That led me to this gem. I didn't realise that it was Ted's first appearance until about 10 years after I purchased the issue:

Blue Beetle thread - YES!!

I was a huge JLI fan when it first came out and Ted was my very favorite character ever. An enormous nerd with no powers who made jokes about Star Trek to BATMAN? The greatest! Ted and Booster were fabulous together, and while I never quite understood why they kept Ted dead when pretty much every other character seemed to pop back up, at least his death seemed to have some relevance for Booster, if nothing else.

I took a break from comics for a long time, but of course, had to check out the new Blue Beetle once I got back. Jaime was AWESOME in his original series, and I thought making him a legacy character, and the way they handled that legacy was really well done. Plus, their power sets (or power set vs. no power set) were so different that there could easily have been space for both of them if Ted did happen to get resurrected one day. I, personally, would have been ecstatic about reading Jaime's book with some Ted guest appearances. I really don't understand the purpose of erasing the Blue Beetle legacy from the continuity or Ted from Booster's past. I think both Jaime and Booster lost something that gave them some gravity.

So very excited to have Ted back, although I'm a little nervous about what horrible things they may do to him. I am confident Jaime is not going anywhere. I hope the two of them will interact someday soon!

Astonishing Member

Jaime was in the Future's End #0, and part of the funeral scene in #2. Given that this weekly has Keith Giffen on writing duties, I'm very hopeful that Blue Beetle will become a player.

Jaime and Traci!!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 05-26-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Jaime was in the Future's End #0, and part of the funeral scene in #2. Given that this weekly has Keith Giffen on writing duties, I'm very hopeful that Blue Beetle will become a player.
    Yeah it's strange that Giffen is the only writer that does Jaime Justice. Every other writer turns Jaime into a cholo.

What exactly is Jaime up to in the comics? Is he stuck in limbo? He should be a member of the Teen Titans. I know Ted recently came back.

Last we saw Jaime he was stuck on some planet hanging out with the New God Lonar. It was in the short lived space adventure series Threshold.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah it's strange that Giffen is the only writer that does Jaime Justice. Every other writer turns Jaime into a cholo.
    I dunno, when Giffen phased out his involvement in the pre-reboot title and John Rogers took over the scripting full-time I don't think Jaime suffered.

Matthew Sturges made the title more obviously "about" Jaime being latino during the Dr Polaris arc, but Jaime himself didn't really change personality much.

It's only really Winnick (a bit), Bedard and the Young Justice cartoon who thought they weren't exploiting his USP enough if he didn't drop the odd "ese".

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

And then there was that one time Oracle failed to recruit Jaime
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-27-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Lol thats hilarious! XD