View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

What did you all think of Black Beetle from the YJ cartoon? I liked the character a lot and would love for a similar interpretation to be featured sometime in the comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

First time I heard of the Blue Beetle was seeing the GA version in a 1976 comic book guide. Favorite? Jaimie, but they're all fine.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Wow! I love that! Jaime as Day of the Dead Beetle!

Who is the artist?

Nice find. I like the colors and the design.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

What did you all think of Black Beetle from the YJ cartoon? I liked the character a lot and would love for a similar interpretation to be featured sometime in the comics.
    i wouldn't mind seeing black beetle and green beetle again. interesting concepts actually.

You all know how Snyder said BB might appear in the JL movie? Do you think it will be Ted or Jamie?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...OZrDBqSXPio7nQ

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    You all know how Snyder said BB might appear in the JL movie? Do you think it will be Ted or Jamie?

Could be both - Jaimie in costume and Ted as a civilian.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wow that's an awesome drawing and concept!! Props to the artist

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Could be either but I'd give the edge to Jaime, he's more known (has more exposure) plus he is Latino and his powerset is unique.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Could be either but I'd give the edge to Jaime, he's more known (has more exposure) plus he is Latino and his powerset is unique.
    I dont know could be some overlap with Cyborg but its better then a second rate Batman.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I dont know could be some overlap with Cyborg but its better then a second rate Batman.
    I don't really see the overlap with Jaime and Cyborg. They're pretty different characters from one another, their abilities derive from very different sources, and Jaime has the whole Aliens/Green Lanterns connection, whereas Cyborg is still more earth-based.

Maybe its because I'm partial to Ted, but although he and Bruce Wayne share some similarities on paper I've never felt that there was any comparison between them that would make having both of them in the same place a problem. Ted is the comic book version of a regular guy in a goofy suit who has good intentions and can rise to a situation when called upon to do so, whereas Batman is the goddamned BATMAN -- all but superhuman with the abilities, plotlines and rogues gallery to match.

My first guess for if there is a movie version of Blue Beetle (and please, universe, let this happen!) is that it would be Jaime. He is the Blue Beetle in the main DC universe these days, after all, plus he'd look awesome in CGI action. AND he's charming, young, and adorable for the non-action moments. My second guess is if they did go with Ted for some reason we would see him as base-bound button pusher rather than in uniform. Who knows. Maybe they'll go with Dan Garrett.

Also -- add me to the people who think that Day of the Dead Beetle drawing of Jaime is amazing!

i actually like that ted doesn't have metahuman powers and rely more on agility and technology. i guess it's the same reason i like reading shazam and captain atom adventures even though superman is around protecting the planet.

it's kinda like having professor emil hamilton being able to handle himself in a fight and face threats bigger than himself. (i think i just described ray palmer).