View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1767

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So now that Booster is finally coming back in December, Ted has to be suiting up again. Riiiiiiiiight?
    booster back in december?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Yup! In an Action Comics story entitled "Booster Shot"

booster shot.jpg

And from the look of things, it's the REAL Booster.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Action Comics. He's teaming up with Superman apparently.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    El Gato mentioned on another thread that Jaime is approaching the 100 solo issue mark (although by my count he's only at 66 presently) but they acknowledged that it'll probably take a 4th volume for him to cross the threshold. But I've got to wonder: Will he be getting that any time soon? Yeah, Jaime's still appearing in plenty of outside media and that's great, but plenty of other characters do as well, and that doesn't guarantee them solos or Hell, even an exit from limbo. And as far as sales go, this is the third time Jaime's had a solo which dropped below 20,000 within a year, the latter two closer to 10,000 by this point. Yeah, even his AMAZING first series (Which I don't think anyone will argue against being the best) was around 19,000 by issue 11. And from what I can tell, none of the series are big trade sellers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to learn if the only reason 'Blue Beetle' was even given Rebirth book was because Giffen wanted to give closure to JL 3000.

What do y'all think?
    Comic books are a microcosm of the DC/WB machine. They view their characters by how marketable they are for tv, film, and video games. If Jaime's comic book doesn't sell they really don't have to panic as long as he's popular in their other far more profitable forms of media. DC/WB realize how important and profitable Jaime can be for them. A Hispanic superhero who has aspects of Spider-Man and Ironman and who has already become very popular with younger fans.
    So if this series gets cancelled (which it most likely will) they can try again in a few years.

Both Marvel and DC are trying to find popular minority superheroes. I like Ted but I can't see the WB powers that be saying "we really need to find the next middle aged white male superhero. There are far to few in movies and tv."
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-17-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well if their competition can do it and get away with it, why can't DC? I mean how many volumes have Carol Danvers, Black Panther and Luke Cage gotten over the years? Heck Miles and Ms Marvel are already on their 2nd volume and they're less than a decade old, the latter is going to be needing another relaunch if sales are anything to go by. Sam Alexander also has 3 volumes with less solo issues than Jaime. Then there's Ghost Rider, She-Hulk...etc
    To be fair to Luke, Carol, Moon Knight & Panther-they call boast at least a run of 40 issues plus. Same with She Hulk & Ghostrider.

Miles, Ms Marvel & Panther can also scoreboard trade sales.

They are also folks who can boast CONSISTENT usage an issue that seem to be a battle with POC at DC.

It's not that Marvel gets away with it-it's MARVEL willing to do it instead of being scared of fans who will use one failed run to scream put that POC in the trash and never use him again like many want done to Duke, John Stewart & Wally West.

Jaime is at 69 solo issues. Good enough for second place (Kyle is number one) at DC and Marvel (if you don't count Miles being biracial.)

I did some research on Jaime's run (among others)

From Rebirth to now 61419 drop of issues. He is not the worst but it's funny he, Superwoman, Super-Man & Cyborg have YET to since an issue increase. Its been a decline nonstop.

I think Blue Beetle will continue to get a solo series so long as the character remains active outside comics. We'll likely get another solo in 2021/22 but what happens in between is anyone's guess. Limbo or on a team? Hope its the latter!
    Static, John Stewart, Wally, Vixen and many others are popular outside of comics and you see the results. If Dc was SERIOUS about that POC instead of handing the crown to Marvel with out a fight-they would step up the game.

It doesn't even take MUCH.

BLUE BEETLE #16

"Road Trip" part three! The mystery in the desert begins to unravel with the appearance of the man known as Stopwatch. He's the mastermind behind the deadly Short Timers and the source of all the time disruptions which have been tearing apart reality. How is Jaime going to defeat him while trying to keep his identity secret from his girlfriend, Naomi?
    RATED T

Reposting the December solict with the cover...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

BLUE BEETLE #16

"Road Trip" part three! The mystery in the desert begins to unravel with the appearance of the man known as Stopwatch. He's the mastermind behind the deadly Short Timers and the source of all the time disruptions which have been tearing apart reality. How is Jaime going to defeat him while trying to keep his identity secret from his girlfriend, Naomi?
    RATED T

Reposting the December solict with the cover...
    Nice cover! Blue Beetle and Stopwatch look cool, and I'm rather fascinated by the colors. The blue of Blue Beetle makes a nice contrast to orange of everything else.

An Early Gift!

From Comicosity, an early preview of Blue Beetle #13 ...

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...lue-beetle-13/

Could someone post the pages here as well, please? I'm wondering how Jaime and Teri are going to get out of this one ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    From Comicosity, an early preview of Blue Beetle #13 ...

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...lue-beetle-13/

Could someone post the pages here as well, please? I'm wondering how Jaime and Teri are going to get out of this one ...
    Sure thing!

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

And there it is: the beginning of the tying up of some loose ends.

I liked how Teri cheekily says she can't stand there and give a plot synopsis of the her whole future affair.

So the latest issue of Injustice 2 has pretty much turned some fans against Jaime. I think there was a better way to go about showing his inexperience than what we were given. spoilers:
    Genocide!!? Come on!! Basically Jaime's battle with Diablo causes the extinction of all the plants and animals in Ras' sanctuary
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Good lord I hate Injustice.

Aren't we supposed to hate Injustice anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

I'm sorry; but I'm not seeing anything here - even though it's indicating that there are two images here??

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently my workplace PC has issues with the website. Or maybe, the format for the photos ...
    Last edited by KoriandrJean; 09-22-2017 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Additional info