View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1767
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    True, but I wonder when that'll happen, if at all. Maybe we'll get another JLI book with all of them?
    That's the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    That's the dream
    Which sadly means it probably won't happen.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Which sadly means it probably won't happen.
    Pretty much

Well at least we have the new season of Young Justice to look forward to. As long as Blue Beetle remains popular in DC animation and video games the character will always have a shot at getting at least a mini series once and a while. I really hope they add him to a team book. I know he works well on Teen Titans but I would love to see him as the junior member of the Justice League. His interactions with Batman are pretty fun plus I’d love to see Jaime nerd out while taking a tour of the Watchtower.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-20-2017 at 07:52 PM.

BANNED

Kinda saw BB ending but still happy it lasted this long to begin with. So while Jaime's shipped off to TT how'bout a Booster Gold & Blue Beetle book? Mini or not that's gotta happen.

Astonishing Member

The sad thing is that Jaime and Ted are likely to be stuck in comic limbo for a while now
    Yep.

Detractors were detracting, but I grew so comfortable with the setup this book provided. The more I think on it, the more I'll miss it.

Fantastic Member

well another FAIL!!

when will you learn DC it's Ted that we want. NOT, a tease of Ted then nothing....we supported it up til #11 then it went in the gutter!

just give us ted, what we want.... then you get my money!

have Jaime be his lab assistant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    well another FAIL!!

when will you learn DC it's Ted that we want. NOT, a tease of Ted then nothing....we supported it up til #11 then it went in the gutter!

You know....If I had a dollar for every time I hear someone say give me (blank) to get my money and when it happens guess who don't show up-I would have Mark Cuban money.

Yall made life miserable for Jaime fans and screamed you wanted Ted.

DC gave you Ted. They gave you him in a way they wanted because no one bothered to explain HOW they wanted Ted. If you wanted him as his own BB-should have asked. Since it is possible to have Jaime & Ted as Beetles. Seems to work for Peter & Miles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You know....If I had a dollar for every time I hear someone say give me (blank) to get my money and when it happens guess who don't show up-I would have Mark Cuban money.

Yall made life miserable for Jaime fans and screamed you wanted Ted.

DC gave you Ted. They gave you him in a way they wanted because no one bothered to explain HOW they wanted Ted. If you wanted him as his own BB-should have asked. Since it is possible to have Jaime & Ted as Beetles. Seems to work for Peter & Miles.
    I mean I love Ted almost as much as I love Jaime but I can't really imagine him as the solo lead with a book doing well. Of course in fairness I can't really see that happening with any Blue Beetle at this point. There's far and few characters who can anyway and that's becoming truer and truer.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post
    well another FAIL!!

Now, let's not pretend Ted Kord is some immensely popular A-list character either. He can't hold a series and has to leech off Booster Gold to stay relevant. The Beetle's have proven they cannot hold their own series for very long (like Dr Fate, Atom, Hawkman...etc) but they definitely shine when put in a team setting!

Jaime isn't going anywhere by the way. He has the Injustice comics keeping him active in the comic world and he's always popping up in outside media. Already has YJ:O confirmed for next year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Now, let's not pretend Ted Kord is some immensely popular A-list character either. He can't hold a series and has to leech off Booster Gold to stay relevant. The Beetle's have proven they cannot hold their own series for very long (like Dr Fate, Atom, Hawkman...etc) but they definitely shine when put in a team setting!
    You make it sound like it's a parasitic relationship. Ted being around enhances Booster's stories (and much as I hate to acknowledge this, his death DID provide the catalyst for some of the best character development I've ever seen in a comic.) I don't know about any of you, but a Booster book with the Beetles (Sorry, not you Dan ) and his old supporting cast (Rip, Michelle and Rani) sounds brilliant to me.

Honestly I also wouldn't mind seeing some of his original supporting cast come back as well.

You make it sound like it's a parasitic relationship. Ted being around enhances Booster's stories (and much as I hate to acknowledge this, his death DID provide the catalyst for some of the best character development I've ever seen in a comic.) I don't know about any of you, but a Booster book with the Beetles (Sorry, not you Dan ) and his old supporting cast (Rip, Michelle and Rani) sounds brilliant to me.

Honestly I also wouldn't mind seeing some of his original supporting cast come back as well.
    Honestly I feel that should have been done in the Blue Beetle book. Could have kept it alive for a bit longer. I think I misspoke, Booster Gold seems to be the one that benefits the most from a relationship with the Beetle's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Honestly I feel that should have been done in the Blue Beetle book. Could have kept it alive for a bit longer. I think I misspoke, Booster Gold seems to be the one that benefits the most from a relationship with the Beetle's.
    It's symbiotic. Booster can actually hold down a title (I don't think his fanbase has diminished much, if at all since Vol.2 ended), and the Beetles help dig into his character more. And considering Michael and Ted are my 6th and 7th favorite DC heroes respectively, it works out great for me.

Also, since both a Booster book and a JLI book would leave Jaime's supporting cast behind, here's a pitch: Milagro gets her damn Green Lantern ring, and together with the Peacemaker, Traci 13, Paco (With his stick of course) and Brenda as tech support, they are, Justice League El Paso!

It's symbiotic. Booster can actually hold down a title (I don't think his fanbase has diminished much, if at all since Vol.2 ended), and the Beetles help dig into his character more. And considering Michael and Ted are my 6th and 7th favorite DC heroes respectively, it works out great for me.

Also, since both a Booster book and a JLI book would leave Jaime's supporting cast behind, here's a pitch: Milagro gets her damn Green Lantern ring, and together with the Peacemaker, Traci 13, Paco (With his stick of course) and Brenda as tech support, they are, Justice League El Paso!
    Could you imagine the fan wars if Milagro actually got a GL ring? The GL fan base would implode. Another Earth Lantern, plus she's a kid? LOL makes me want to see that happen now!

Honestly, i'd love it if DC explored the Justicia concept in a mini/maxi series with Blue Beetle. El Diablo already introduced the team in his mini, so they are definitely in continuity. Have Jaime and his family visit family in Mexico and come across the team. Paco/Brenda/Traci could tag a long for fun since they're all 17/18. I'd read that.