View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1767
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Well, I didn't hate it. But man. I was pushing myself to read this volume. Just...ugh.

There's definitely kernels of fun bits in the run but overall I feel like I didn't get anything of real value or interest out of this run as a whole.

Even the more reviled New 52 run with Jaime was at least INTERESTING even if it was in something of a morbid way.

I mean what have we gotten out of this run?

Jaime and Ted working together...sorta kinda.

La Dama is somehow Lady Styx? Guess I'll see when I get the issue if THAT'S referenced at all here.

Random new love interest Naomi who's best known for being the girl who seemed to secretly follow Jaime around a bit the first issues of the story.

Doctor Fate...appeared...the JL 3000...appeared...
    I'd say Jaime getting the chance to work with Ted as he did was indeed something of value, even if the "restart"-ish nature of it happening under Rebirth and Ted being alive again (and never having perished in the first place) made for things to go a bit different than they might have if it happened otherwise.

I'll need to read the final few issues, but all and all, I genuinely enjoyed this run and the things it presented.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'd say Jaime getting the chance to work with Ted as he did was indeed something of value, even if the "restart"-ish nature of it happening under Rebirth and Ted being alive again (and never having perished in the first place) made for things to go a bit different than they might have if it happened otherwise.

I'll need to read the final few issues, but all and all, I genuinely enjoyed this run and the things it presented.
    You should definitely read the Christopher Sebela issues. Those were very enjoyable, and it was cool to see a rogue from the New 52 re-appear. Plus BERT was a fun villain in the final issue lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    You should definitely read the Christopher Sebela issues. Those were very enjoyable, and it was cool to see a rogue from the New 52 re-appear. Plus BERT was a fun villain in the final issue lol
    Oh, I very much intend to, I just haven't been able to yet, primarily because I haven't really found the time ('cause school).

A really good issue that captured the spirit of Blue Beetle and Jaime’s world. And of course they waited until the last issue of the series to get it right. Similar thing happened in the New 52 series. The final issues, which dealt with the Reach, were easily the best.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A really good issue that captured the spirit of Blue Beetle and Jaime’s world. And of course they waited until the last issue of the series to get it right. Similar thing happened in the New 52 series. The final issues, which dealt with the Reach, were easily the best.
    Though amusingly enough the way that series ended so suddenly and essentially in cliffhanger form made its very last issue one of the most annoying if not worst.

Astonishing Member

Just received these Fred Hembeck commissions.

BB solo.jpg
    BB Card.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Agree wholeheartedly! Ted exists, is currently still alive, and the precedent of him working with Jaime is in place. Hopefully they'll reappear as a team again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly! Ted exists, is currently still alive, and the precedent of him working with Jaime is in place. Hopefully they'll reappear as a team again in the future.
    I think the premise of Ted mentoring Jaime was great but the execution left something to be desired. I think their personalities play off each other really well. Ted as the overly enthusiastic tech nerd and Jaime as the self deprecating witty teen hero was a great set up and I really hope another writer someday gets a chance to put them together again. Add Booster Gold to the mix and things would be even better. It would be funny to see all of them team up because Jaime would be the responsible/less impulsive one.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-11-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think the premise of Ted mentoring Jaime was great but the execution left something to be desired. I think their personalities play off each other really well. Ted as the overly enthusiastic tech nerd and Jaime as the self deprecating witty teen hero was a great set up and I really hope another writer someday gets a chance to put them together again. Add Booster Gold to the mix and things would be even better. It would be funny to see all of them team up because Jaime would be the responsible/less impulsive one.
    Gillen just turned it into a JL 3k book long after the appeal of that book had worn off. He didn't really seem to care which sucks because it could've been a breakout moment for the character. DC keeps trying to put the older writers on characters they once made popular, like Wolfman on Cyborg, but I don't think those guys have anything they can really bring to the table anymore. They've said all they're interested in saying at this point.

Blue Beetle had a cameo in Ready Player One! It was his Injustice 2 design. At least he's appearing somewhere lol

INJUSTICE 2 #29
    Seems like everyone wants a piece of Blue Beetle. First he gets some surprise visitors to his home, then later he finds himself the target of a certain well-known intergalactic bounty hunter. But who ultimately wants Jaime Reyes in their clutches and why?

INJUSTICE 2 #30
    Then, the entire universe is in peril and it's up to the fallen Hal Jordan, the Titans and Blue Beetle to save it. They'll need all the help they can get, but do they really need help...from Booster Gold and Lobo?

Well he may be in limbo currently (holding out hope he ends up in a Young Justice book), but at least he's getting some spotlight in the Injustice 2 comic!! Hope it continues!

So if you're as bummed out about Blue Beetle being in limbo as I am, you might wamt to check out the Injustice 2 comic. Next few issues (#57-60 digital, #29 & 30 in print) focus on him.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So if you're as bummed out about Blue Beetle being in limbo as I am, you might wamt to check out the Injustice 2 comic. Next few issues (#57-60 digital, #29 & 30 in print) focus on him.
    Cool! I was actually gonna ask if anyone could tell me what Injustice trades featured stories where Jaime played a prominent role.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If Rumors of a YJ comic coming back are true, we may see him as part of the line up. I wouldn't mind Ted also being on the new JSA when that starts, or an All Star Squadron. But yeah they were a strong team, I'm just sad that the book went.