View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 15 of 118 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blubeetle3 View Post
    Don't worry. Dan DiDio will do everything in his power to ensure that NO ONE uses the Ted Kord Blue Beetle.
    read somewhere that dc had "plans" for ted kord? anybody have any ideas what those plans might be?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    read somewhere that dc had "plans" for ted kord? anybody have any ideas what those plans might be?
    Well, DC told the producers of "Arrow" that they couldn't use Ted Kord because they "had plans for him". Reasonable thinking precludes plans for Ted in comics because any plans for him in television wouldn't affect DC's plans for him in comics. That leaves television or movies.

Personally, I don't think there are any plans other than the DiDio/Johns plan to keep the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle as the ONLY BEETLE in other media.

Ultimate Member

Well, DC told the producers of "Arrow" that they couldn't use Ted Kord because they "had plans for him". Reasonable thinking precludes plans for Ted in comics because any plans for him in television wouldn't affect DC's plans for him in comics. That leaves television or movies.

Personally, I don't think there are any plans other than the DiDio/Johns plan to keep the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle as the ONLY BEETLE in other media.
    What good is having Jaime active in one media and MIA in the other? It does no good for Jaime to be MIA in comics and active on tv. Jaime 's on tv and Ted is active in comics. Does anyone really want to see questions of "I thought Blue Beetle was Hispanics?" every time they see a book with someone named Blue Beetle?

I don't think there are plans for either.

Just got a Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes tattoo! My arms are pretty much covered with superhero images so I'm happy to add BB to my tattoo roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Just got a Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes tattoo! My arms are pretty much covered with superhero images so I'm happy to add BB to my tattoo roster.
    How freaking cool!! I would totally lose it if I ran into someone with a Blue Beetle tattoo someday -- there might be a little embarrassing shrieking involved... What did you pick to represent him?

I chose this image from Blue Beetle #1.

Incredible Member

yj did had black beetle and green beetle in their last season, which i think would be a good idea to explore.

i'm just glad that giffen is featuring ted and michael in his jl 3k book.

and from time to time ted still gets to grace the cover of a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    and from time to time ted still gets to grace the cover of a comic book.

Nice to see that colorist did his homework on Ted's costume... IF Ted was "Disco Nightwing"!

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

Ted's great and I loved him in JLI, but I'm a Jaime Reyes fan at the end of the day. The design, the Giffen/Rogers stories, and just the general history of the character, they're all so much fun. spoilers:
    It's a shame he goes full robot in New 52: Future's End.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

as much as i'm a fan of the atom, ted would have awesome on he arrow

Incredible Member

i've been scouring the internet i can't seem to find any news about ted post convergence. i can't seem to even remember if ted and booster are supposed to be regulars in the new jl 3001.

you guys got any news on him?

i've been scouring the internet i can't seem to find any news about ted post convergence. i can't seem to even remember if ted and booster are supposed to be regulars in the new jl 3001.

you guys got any news on him?
    Wish I did! It's frustrating -- the announcement of that Ted was going to appear at the end of Forever Evil in January of 2014 was accompanied by the nebulous mention that he would have "a role in Justice League", but that was over a year ago and they have cycled through at least two story arcs since then... I'm excited to see Ted appearing all over Convergence, but I still wish we had heard something about what might happen after that. It seems more like his presence is just serving as shorthand for "Alternate Universe".

I don't know much about what will be happening in JL3001, but it's hard for me to imagine they would start that BB & BG lost in the future storyline and just completely drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Wish I did! It's frustrating -- the announcement of that Ted was going to appear at the end of Forever Evil in January of 2014 was accompanied by the nebulous mention that he would have "a role in Justice League", but that was over a year ago and they have cycled through at least two story arcs since then... I'm excited to see Ted appearing all over Convergence, but I still wish we had heard something about what might happen after that. It seems more like his presence is just serving as shorthand for "Alternate Universe".

I don't know much about what will be happening in JL3001, but it's hard for me to imagine they would start that BB & BG lost in the future storyline and just completely drop it.
    I could have sworn I read somewhere that Ted will appear somewhere. I really have bad memory I guess Or its probably in JL3K1. Sorry not much help.

Love Jaime's Beetle Buggy!

Last edited by Güicho; 04-07-2015 at 10:24 AM.

as much as i'm a fan of the atom, ted would have awesome on he arrow

A bit further...

Apologies to the original maniper, That's awesome! ....and the manips makes so much more sense as his costume.

Someone please explain to me the politics why they couldn't (or wouldn't) use Ted?

With any citations/quotes/links if possible.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-07-2015 at 12:10 PM.