View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Last we saw Jaime he was stuck on some planet hanging out with the New God Lonar. It was in the short lived space adventure series Threshold.
    Well that sucks! He should at least be a part of the Teen Titans!

Last edited by El_Gato; 05-27-2014 at 06:13 PM.

I received the Modern Comics reprint version of the comic below, which was my first introduction to Ted Kord as
    The Blue Beetle. My father bought it for me coming back from traveling...he grew up reading the original Dan Garret, Blue Beetle,
    from Fox Publications. Needless to say, Ted Kord is my favorite as Blue Beetle.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I re-read Booster Gold: Blue and Gold a couple weeks ago. I liked that it had Dan, Ted, and Jaime in the story. Ted is my favorite, but i do like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think he would be the perfect fit for Jamie.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Has there been any information at all about when Ted might start appearing in Justice League?

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I don't know much about Dan Garret, but I like Ted and Jaime. I just picked Jaime because apart from Birds of Prey and the Giffen-Dematteis run on JL, I haven't read much else with Ted in it and what I've read I didn't like. Has anyone read the LAW miniseries or Countdown to Infinite Crisis? Also, wish I had kept reading Blue Beetle with Jaime because it was pretty good.

Man, Golden Age Dan Garrett is one of the most underrated characters I can think of. I'm not such a big fan of when he became an archaeologist with powers, but as a cop who just starts fighting crime? Doesn't get any better than that.

Of course, that's not to sat I don't also love Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes. Love them! Love them entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think he would be the perfect fit for Jamie.
    Definitely! Plus he's Mexican (like Jaime) so it all works out. A live action Blue Beetle show would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Man, Golden Age Dan Garrett is one of the most underrated characters I can think of. I'm not such a big fan of when he became an archaeologist with powers, but as a cop who just starts fighting crime? Doesn't get any better than that.

Of course, that's not to sat I don't also love Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes. Love them! Love them entirely.
    For a while I thought I was going to be the only one choosing Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Definitely! Plus he's Mexican (like Jaime) so it all works out. A live action Blue Beetle show would be awesome!!
    A live action Blue Beetle show would be awesome and something that I think has the potential to attract a ton of fans/viewers with the right budget. However, his costume/armor would have to look really good. I thought his look in Smallville looked too fake:

I thought his other look from the live-action test footage was definitely an improvement but still find it lacking something:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For a while I thought I was going to be the only one choosing Dan!
    Gotta give the Original respect!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    A live action Blue Beetle show would be awesome and something that I think has the potential to attract a ton of fans/viewers with the right budget. However, his costume/armor would have to look really good. I thought his look in Smallville looked too fake:

I thought his other look from the live-action test footage was definitely an improvement but still find it lacking something:

The second picture looks decent! I'd love to see him appear in a live action Teen Titans live action show or leading his own show. I'd watch the heck out of that show!

I've unfortunately not been able to read the adventures of Ted Kord or Dan Garrett but I loved Jaime Reyes turn as the BB. John Rogers, Matthew Sturges, Keith Giffen, and the other writers and artist really brought in a fun and exciting tale for Sci-fi.

It's a shame for the NU!BB. After seeing the first incarnation I can't get into the new book.

Jamie Ryes but, only in Smallville, Young Justice TV and his first comic series. Later ones, not so much.