View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Since it is the Blue Beetle's 75th anniversary this year. We need a new story of all of them teaming up again to fight the Black Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Since it is the Blue Beetle's 75th anniversary this year. We need a new story of all of them teaming up again to fight the Black Beetle.
    That would be amazing!

Surely they can find a way to re-integrate Dan Garrett into this new universe in some form or other...

I would definitely love for there to be a Blue Beetle book with Dan, Ted, and Jaime! Make it happen DC!!

Spectacular Member green blogger's Avatar

I like Ted Kord as a Blue Beetle. I first knew him during the Death of Superman series.

This is a cool picture!

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

If Ted is back, he looks to be a teenager. Someday, I'd love a series where Ted plays Oracle to Jaime's Black Canary. I like Jaime best, but Ted is cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    If Ted is back, he looks to be a teenager. Someday, I'd love a series where Ted plays Oracle to Jaime's Black Canary. I like Jaime best, but Ted is cool too.
    This would be my dream series (especially if they could work in some guest appearances by Booster with a re-forged friendship between him and Ted that made sense)! I think Ted and Jaime would be a good fit together now that they've de-aged Ted. I think they said in Forever Evil 7 that Ted started college at 16, and is now in grad school, so that would make him somewhere in his early 20s, only slightly older than Jaime. (Ted) Blue Beetle is my childhood hero and favorite DC character, but if they want to do something new and different with him I would be perfectly happy for him to stay out of the spandex and move into the tech side of the equation. That's pretty much where he was in Birds of Prey most of the time anyway. I think he and Jaime would make a great team -- they're both funny and are genuinely nice people and there are a lot of possibilities with having Ted be Jaime's support person, even if it wasn't also a sweet nod to the Blue Beetle history.

With Oracle out of the picture in the New 52 I can't help but hope that maybe Ted could step into the role. It looks like they are sort of pushing Tim Drake in this direction within the Batman universe, but they also don't really seem to want to take him out of the tights (Teen Titans, etc.). Since they haven't made Ted a "superhero", at least in his one and only appearance, maybe he can be a sort of rest-of-the-DC-universe-wide tech resource?

Curious what other Ted fans think -- what are your hopes for his new DC role? I was really hoping we would be seeing him again soon and get a sense of where they might be going with him by now...

Spectacular Member green blogger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    Ted Kord is my favorite, but I also like Jaime as well.
    I would prefer Ted over Jaime only because I liked his character when I first knew about him in the Death of Superman.

So per CBR's article on the "Arrow" panel at Comic-Con they asked if Ted Kord was an available character and the answer was no, as the publisher had "plans" for him... A good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    So per CBR's article on the "Arrow" panel at Comic-Con they asked if Ted Kord was an available character and the answer was no, as the publisher had "plans" for him... A good thing?
    I'm glad they're using Ray Palmer instead. I don't want The Atom to get eclipsed by Ant-Man.

I saw a little kid dressed as Blue Beetle (Jaime) at Comic Con yesterday!

Well, in Multiversity will be featured Ted as the main Blue Bettle, so we are going to have more than a Ted.
    Damn, there could be a Dan Garret in the pulp world.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Blue Beetle is awesome!!