View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It was pretty good. As El Gato said it was so much better than the horrible New 52 series. This issues seemed almost like it starts off right where the first series ended. Ted and Jaime will definitely play well off of each other. Their personalities seem very comparable.
    I hope so. Still, I can't help but wonder if Jaime's current reluctance to be the Scarab's host foreshadows his eventually retiring as Blue Beetle ...

(Unless he, Ted, and Dr. Fate can fix the issue in some way.)

Thoughts? Expecially from those who started with Jaime, and have followed his career from 2005 to the present ...
    Last edited by KoriandrJean; 08-28-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    I hope so. Still, I can't help but wonder if Jaime's current reluctance to be the Scarab's host foreshadows his eventually retiring as Blue Beetle ...

Thoughts? Expecially from those who started with Jaime, and have followed his career from 2005 to the present ...
    I actually hope that doesn't happen. There's no point in retiring Jaime as a hero given his age and popularity. Id reckon that would not go very well with fans! Then again DC already de-powered Jason Rusch so them doing the same to Jaime doesn't seem so far fetched. To answer the question, I wouldn't be a fan of that choice.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I thought it was a good issue. It established the tone going forward and it has lots of action. I think you'll enjoy it! It's a huge step up from the New 52 that's for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It was pretty good. As El Gato said it was so much better than the horrible New 52 series. This issues seemed almost like it starts off right where the first series ended. Ted and Jaime will definitely play well off of each other. Their personalities seem very comparable.
    Thanks for the info. I definitely look forward to picking up this new series. I'm so excited and happy that Jamie has his own title again. I really want it to be a success. He's a great character and the Blue Beetle mythos has so much potential with Ted Kord and Dan Garret also being involved.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

http://www.dckids.com/test/game-3/na...k/sf34567585/1

Play a Blue Beetle mini game on the DC kids website!!

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post

I would be really surprised if that happened. My current guess is that we're getting a main course of "Jaime learns to embrace the power and responsibility that comes with the scarab (and maybe occasionally realizes it can be kind of cool)" along with a side of "Ted learns that this superhero stuff has consequences and needs to take it [a bit] more seriously." Along with whatever magic/alien thing they need to resolve, eventually. Hopefully presented in an enjoyable way.

All-New Member

I liked it, don't get me wrong ... but I was somewhat disappointed that there still was no resolution to the ending of Threshold.

That is how I envision a live action Blue Beetle looking!! That looks sick!!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    I would be really surprised if that happened. My current guess is that we're getting a main course of "Jaime learns to embrace the power and responsibility that comes with the scarab (and maybe occasionally realizes it can be kind of cool)" along with a side of "Ted learns that this superhero stuff has consequences and needs to take it [a bit] more seriously." Along with whatever magic/alien thing they need to resolve, eventually. Hopefully presented in an enjoyable way.
    Yup that's what I'm seeing too. Ted's going to be more open to the magic idea and Jamie is going to learn to embrace his role as Blue Beetle. We're probably going to see more about Fate in the next few issues. I really want to know if that's the new Fate or a new version of the old fate, or is that his grandson back under the helmet?

Haha that's hilarious xD It's funny because I can actually see Ted doing something like that

Thought the first issue was fun, poor Jaime dealing with the scarab AND Ted both at once lol. Only thing I want is for Ted to suit up and have the two of them teaming up together in the field which is what I think will eventually happen anyway.

Also I hope DC have identified Jaime as a priority character because people's awareness of him is definitely increasing. Now can we expect to see Jaime in the DCEU? After reading the Rebirth issue I thought how awesome it would be to see Jaime as a young teenage hero in the movies, I know Flash and Cyborg are supposed to be the younger guys but having a real teen hero like Jaime would be cool.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Thought the first issue was fun, poor Jaime dealing with the scarab AND Ted both at once lol. Only thing I want is for Ted to suit up and have the two of them teaming up together in the field which is what I think will eventually happen anyway.

Also I hope DC have identified Jaime as a priority character because people's awareness of him is definitely increasing. Now can we expect to see Jaime in the DCEU? After reading the Rebirth issue I thought how awesome it would be to see Jaime as a young teenage hero in the movies, I know Flash and Cyborg are supposed to be the younger guys but having a real teen hero like Jaime would be cool.
    It seems they do consider Jaime a priority considering he's been popping up everywhere since his animated debut in Brave and the Bold. He's got a lot of appearances coming up too (JLA, TT, IJ2) and that's just the projects we know so far!

Santiago Segura (Scream) would make a good Blue Beetle. Found a fan cast on Instagram/Twitter and he's actually aware of the character!!

Jaime Reyes!! Love him! I became a fan of his thanks to Young Justice. He was so cool on that show. Good to see I'm not his only fan!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    62 - BLUE BEETLE
    09/2006: Blue Beetle #7 -- 29,079
    09/2007: Blue Beetle #19 -- 15,737
    09/2008: Blue Beetle #31 -- 12,302
    02/2009: Blue Beetle #36 -- 10,620

09/2011: Blue Beetle #1 -- 44,448
    09/2012: Blue Beetle #0-- 16,888
    01/2013: Blue Beetle #16 -- 11,487

The last*Blue Beetle*series, which ran for 36 issues from 2006 through 2009, debuted with estimated sales of 50,678 in its first month and went on to sell 69,752 total!
    Blue Beetle Rebirth #1 debuted with 72,993 issues sold! That number beats the New 52 debut and his original series debut!! If quality holds up then i can see this book lasting longer than all previous Blue Beetle runs. Here's hoping it lasts for a couple years