View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I miss the lighthearted average joe Blue Beetle. Hated how Bedard made his world so grim.
    i tend to favor lighthearted (sprinkled with thrill and suspense) stories over grim and gritty.

although i like jaime, ted will always be numero uno for me.

Ted Kord's been my Blue Beetle since the JLI days. Even though I did read Secret Origins #2 and Ted's only DC solo series, it wasn't until Giffen and DeMatteis that Blue Beetle became my favorite superhero EVAH!

i thought secret origins 2 was about batman, aquaman, and starfire?

it was the same for me. i collected ted's solo series (started when my dad bought me a copy of blue beetle guest starring the question). then got hooked further when dc came out with this:

then this:

man, i just love those covers:

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That's a good piece of artwork. I like Jamie and would love for him to come back somewhere. I really would have liked for the DCnU version of Blue Beetle to have been well written but I was let down. The Young Justice animated version of Blue Beetle as well as the light-hearted feel of both Marvel's "Nova" and the new "Ms. Marvel" solos make me yearn for another Blue Beetle title featuring Jamie. There is so much untapped potential with him still and his connection to the Reach and outer space make him a great way to expand on DC's cosmicverse.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

what i really liked with blue beetle in young justice was all the different beetle infiltrators by the reach. you had your black beetle, your green beetle....

at that time, i was hoping that ted kord would eventually be resurrected in a rebooted black beetle armor....

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    hahaha.cool dude.

there is a kord industries building in the new promotional poster of the flash.

what are the chances of ted kord appearing or even donning the blue beetle suit in this show?

BANNED

I LOVE Ted Kord, he'll always be Blue Beetle to me. I wish they'd push Jamie Reyes aside.

there is a kord industries building in the new promotional poster of the flash.

what are the chances of ted kord appearing or even donning the blue beetle suit in this show?
    Slim, apparently, due to DC's "plans", whatever they may be. Still, nice to see the logo in this poster -- means he still exists here, even if not seen!

it does appear that barry would be acquiring most of his tech from star labs... i wish there would be an episode in the flash where barry would investigate a break in in kord industries (i know, it's always a break in) and run into tech savvy blue beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Slim, apparently, due to DC's "plans", whatever they may be. Still, nice to see the logo in this poster -- means he still exists here, even if not seen!
    i just read this and it made me sad:

"During today's Arrow panel at Comic Con International: San Diego, producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that Ted Kord, the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths Blue Beetle, will not be appearing on Arrow this season becuase the show's request to use him was turned down by DC Entertainment.

They explained it in the context of how Ray Palmer came into the show, saying that when Ted Kord was pitched, DC told them they couldn't use the character because DC have "other plans" for Kord.

Kord has recently begun to appear in the New 52, and will be a key character in one of the chapters of Grant Morrison's The Multiversity. He's also been referenced indirectly a number of times on Arrow, when his company's products have appeared in the show."

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/26...s-other-plans/

what "other plans" may dc have for ted kord?

what "other plans" may dc have for ted kord?
    The pessimist in me says no plans. DiDio and Johns just don't want anyone using Ted Kord.

Quote Originally Posted by blubeetle3 View Post
    The pessimist in me says no plans. DiDio and Johns just don't want anyone using Ted Kord.
    I think Johns has a soft spot for Ted, in his own way. Sure, he was one of the three writers who co-wrote Ted's murder in Countdown to Infinite Crisis, but he has claimed to be a fan of the JLI. He wrote an excellent 12-issue run of Booster Gold where he reintroduced Ted, teased his resurrection, but came up with a valid reason for why he had to stay dead. And then apparently he introduced a New 52 version of Ted even more recently, but I haven't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    I think Johns has a soft spot for Ted, in his own way. Sure, he was one of the three writers who co-wrote Ted's murder in Countdown to Infinite Crisis, but he has claimed to be a fan of the JLI. He wrote an excellent 12-issue run of Booster Gold where he reintroduced Ted, teased his resurrection, but came up with a valid reason for why he had to stay dead. And then apparently he introduced a New 52 version of Ted even more recently, but I haven't read it.
    I hope so... He was reintroduced as a 20-something graduate student/nanotechnology prodigy who is now running Kord Industries since his dad died. Who thinks Lex Luthor is a terrific guy. When DC first announced his impending re-introduction the line was that he "plays a role in Justice League post-Forever Evil". Still waiting... Maybe in this next arc once they wrap up this stuff with the Doom Patrol? I am eternally optimistic, I guess.