View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

6 1.95%
  • Ted Kord

165 53.75%
  • Jaime Reyes

136 44.30%
Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    I think Johns has a soft spot for Ted, in his own way. Sure, he was one of the three writers who co-wrote Ted's murder in Countdown to Infinite Crisis, but he has claimed to be a fan of the JLI. He wrote an excellent 12-issue run of Booster Gold where he reintroduced Ted, teased his resurrection, but came up with a valid reason for why he had to stay dead. And then apparently he introduced a New 52 version of Ted even more recently, but I haven't read it.
    He's a fan of JLI? He had a funny way of showing it in Countdown to Infinite Crisis. Probably of fan of the the same way he's a fan of Superboy and John Stewart.

Oh, is Ted Kord toxic like Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain and that's why he can't show up in the Flash TV show? LOL.

Ted is my all-time favorite superhero. I discovered JLI in elementary school, and I've been a huge fan ever since. But everything related to the "Bwah ha ha" era was extremely unpopular throughout the '90s and early 2000s. It seemed like most fans either dismissed Ted and Booster as pathetic jokes, minor footnotes, or forgot about them completely until Johns, Rucka, and Winick wrote the story where Ted died, and then everyone remembered what an awesome character he could be. If they had to kill off a character who wasn't TOO big, but just big enough to make readers care, I think they picked the perfect one. And we've gotten some great stories with him even after he died, so it could have been a lot worse.

ted did appear in booster gold's latest series.

how much of ted (and his friendship with booster) did flashpoint wipe away? the nu 52 ted is probably still in college. and i like the idea that ted be a foil for luthor. what are the chances of him wearing his signature goggles and jumping of roof tops again.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    what are the chances of him wearing his signature goggles and jumping of roof tops again.
    With the current front office of DC? Somewhere between 0% and "not-a-chance-in-hell". Even if they did, it wouldn't really be "our" Ted. It would be "Nu Ted", and that would taste a lot like "New Coke".

ted did appear in booster gold's latest series.

how much of ted (and his friendship with booster) did flashpoint wipe away? the nu 52 ted is probably still in college. and i like the idea that ted be a foil for luthor. what are the chances of him wearing his signature goggles and jumping of roof tops again.
    Well, they did give him those weird yellow eyeglasses in Forever Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by blubeetle3 View Post
    With the current front office of DC? Somewhere between 0% and "not-a-chance-in-hell". Even if they did, it wouldn't really be "our" Ted. It would be "Nu Ted", and that would taste a lot like "New Coke".
    those are really slim odds.

times have indeed changed.

do any of you remember this incarnation of the justice league?

on a different note. ted's costume doesn't have to be blue to work.

i can see him (or at least l-ron) calling himself "darkish blue beetle" to differentiate himself from jaime.

and if its too dark, he can always accessorize.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blubeetle3 View Post
    The pessimist in me says no plans. DiDio and Johns just don't want anyone using Ted Kord.
    At least they didn't announce Ted's appearance and then swap him for someone else at the last minute. Be thankful for small favors.

The real Ted Kord is the best, even in his fatty days. New 52 little man Kord is just sad and lame.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatHappenedToUrsula View Post
    The real Ted Kord is the best, even in his fatty days. New 52 little man Kord is just sad and lame.
    New 52 Kord hasn't done anything yet. It's probably false optimism on my part, and he may very well turn out to be sad and lame, but I feel it is still too early to judge one way or another.

I never really liked the reverse-color costume. Why mess with the classics?!

the original color scheme was really cool.

the reverse color looks more stealthy.

original or reversed, beetle still manages to be hilarious!

Oh Ted. So smooth.

I always liked his dynamic with Power Girl. I could buy that they were friends. Plus, she had that *&%&$ cat! That cat was amazing. Has he reappeared in the New 52 universe?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Oh Ted. So smooth.

I always liked his dynamic with Power Girl. I could buy that they were friends. Plus, she had that *&%&$ cat! That cat was amazing. Has he reappeared in the New 52 universe?
    i don't think i've seen the cat yet...

here's the rest of the page

?