Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    To be serious though it still looks like the X-Men (and Fantastic Four as characters) are going to around in the comics post Secret Wars. We just had an X-Men editor announced. Hell the FF and Doom are predominant characters in Secret Wars and there's a ton of X-Men domains and comics. If Marvel has to lessen their use in promotional material, it doesn't mean they're not going to be around in the comics somewhere.

And let's face it, we're going to see the X-Men films. Might even see Trank's FF if it's not the trainwreck we think it could be. Marvel taking them off promotional stuff doesn't change that those films are happening and we'll likely see them.

So if this is official, it's pretty pointless, but it also doesn't mean we'll be losing the characters.
    And you are the only one that is talking about that this poster has something to do with Secret Wars....................................

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    This poster proves what Marvel wants it's universe to look like. The X-men and Fantastic Four seem to have no place there.
    If Marvel really didn't want X-Men and Fantastic Four around, they wouldn't be. It's obviously their company and they can can use whatever characters they choose.

I don't see them going anywhere, regardless of who shows up in a particular movie poster.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And you are the only one that is talking about that this poster has something to do with Secret Wars....................................
    I never said that it has anything to do with Secret Wars, just that certain people are going to use this as the latest piece of 'evidence' that we're going to lose the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters in the comics. I was using the large number of X-Men titles during Secret Wars and the focus on FF characters in the main SW title by Hickman as one example of why that's not going to happen. (Coupled with Cyclops on the Inhumans preview, Johnny with Medusa and a new X-Men editor, plus rumours about Thing in the Guardians and Reed and Sue being elsewhere too).

Disney really doesn't want the characters that fox owns movie rights to out in the public eye. Some X-Men toys or video games isn't going to make people anymore likely to see the next X-Men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Marvel really didn't want X-Men and Fantastic Four around, they wouldn't be. It's obviously their company and they can can use whatever characters they choose.

I don't see them going anywhere, regardless of who shows up in a particular movie poster.
    Well, outright cancelling the books would cause a big backslash, would prove that the CompleX was right all along, and maybe they even could get sued by FOX; and Marvel cant have any of that is it ?.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 05-31-2015 at 11:02 AM.

This isn't paranoia. It's completely fucking obvious. Insulting people who are noticing what is happening doesn't make you look good, either.

This poster proves what Marvel wants it's universe to look like. The X-men and Fantastic Four seem to have no place there.
    Alright, so when All New Marvel starts and the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters are still around I'm sure they'll have no place there either.

BANNED

This is not a 'movie poster.'

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Disney really doesn't want the characters that fox owns movie rights to out in the public eye. Some X-Men toys or video games isn't going to make people anymore likely to see the next X-Men movie.
    Probably not.

But I think the logic is simply that they get more money putting out games for other franchises, so they're doing that instead. I think it's less to hurt the Fox (since it really won't) and more to allocate their reasources in ways which will generate the most profit.

This is not a 'movie poster.'
    My bad. I meant promotional poster.

BANNED

My bad. I meant promotional poster.
    Yes, a promotion of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    See this is likely the case, but despite how pointless a gesture that is - I'm still going to see X-Men: Apocalypse and Deadpool and Gambit after all - others are viewing this like those characters are getting stripped away entirely, which is simply not going to happen because Marvel knows the comic versions of the characters - whom they still own - are popular still and erasing them is going to give them serious slack. So they won't do it.

BANNED

See this is likely the case, but despite how pointless a gesture that is - I'm still going to see X-Men: Apocalypse and Deadpool and Gambit after all - others are viewing this like those characters are getting stripped away entirely, which is simply not going to happen because Marvel knows the comic versions of the characters - whom they still own - are popular still and erasing them is going to give them serious slack. So they won't do it.
    It will eventually if people are okay with this, lmao.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 06-01-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Language

Yes, a promotion of the Marvel Universe.
    Sure. And I'm just saying that them not being in the poster doesn't mean marvel doesn't want them in the marvel universe. Because if marvel didn't want to use them, they wouldn't be used. As long as they're around, it's a clear indication that marvel wants them around.

I never said that it has anything to do with Secret Wars, just that certain people are going to use this as the latest piece of 'evidence' that we're going to lose the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters in the comics. I was using the large number of X-Men titles during Secret Wars and the focus on FF characters in the main SW title by Hickman as one example of why that's not going to happen. (Coupled with Cyclops on the Inhumans preview, Johnny with Medusa and a new X-Men editor, plus rumours about Thing in the Guardians and Reed and Sue being elsewhere too).
    Sure. And I'm just saying that them not being in the poster doesn't mean marvel doesn't want them in the marvel universe. Because if marvel didn't want to use them, they wouldn't be used. As long as they're around, it's a clear indication that marvel wants them around.
    Well, of course we wont lose the characters per se; Marvel can always find some use for them as the suppoting cast of one of the MCU properties.

BANNED

Just not around as much as Ego the Living Planet or random Hydra mooks. This poster clearly shows who Marvel wants the public to see.