Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This isn't Marvel's 2015 comic line-up.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/...antastic-four/

It's a general marketing picture to be used on merchandise and clothing and stuff like that. It has nothing to do with the post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe (if you notice most of the costumes don't even match up).

They've used similar images in the past.

Come on guys, this is how false info gets spread.
    wishful thinking. In the poster the X-Men arent even shown. Which has led me to believe that its true that Marvel-Disney is demphasizing the X-Men. Well man-thor is back is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Marvel Mighty Heroes And Trends International On Removing X-Men Characters.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...en-characters/
    I do find it interesting that the article above says
    As we pointed out, Marvel’s Senior VP Publishing Tom Brevoort gave a very clever answer to a similar question posed a few weeks ago, which many misinterpreted to believe that Marvel didn’t have the rights to license X-Men and Fantastic Four imagery based on the comics. We pointed out that this was fallacious. These responses do seem to underline that Marvel do have the rights to license, they just choose not to. And it’s the licensors who no longer have the rights to sell merchandise…
    But the article that it’s quoting says this:
    Which some have read that the company didn’t want to buy the rights to those characters. But, given what else we have learned, is more likely to suggest that Marvel didn’t choose to sell them. To anyone. At all.
    So one article says that the assertion was fallacious and quotes another article where they suggest it is fallacious thinking. Not seeing why I should believe it.

It seems more likely to me (and if someone has definitive proof otherwise, please share) that Fox is having Marvel remove products that compete directly with film merchandise. Marvel losing money on merchandising from the Fantastic Four and X-Men (especially the latter) seems really short-sighted and doesn’t fit with the stories about Perlmutter being incredibly frugal. Of course, the order could be coming down from higher (Disney), but even then, I’m not following the money.

EDIT: For clarity, what I’m getting at is this:

If Marvel/Disney keeps 100% of the profit from the merchandise featuring the comic-book portrayal of the X-Men/Fantastic Four properties, it doesn’t make much sense to leave that money on the table, especially since several of those characters (namely Wolverine) have their own appeal that helps sell the product. That’s just Marvel leaving their own money on the table, especially considering that a lot of this is niche merchandise that only big-time fans would be purchasing anyway. And Fox does presumably have the licensing to the likenesses of the characters from the film, so I don’t believe Marvel would be able to stop them from making their own mainstream merch (toys, t-shirts).

However, if Fox gets a cut of the profit from the merchandise featuring the comic-book portrayal of said characters (X-Men/Fantastic Four), it makes sense for Marvel/Disney to allocate their resources to the properties they make 100% of the money from.
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 06-02-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    wishful thinking.
    No, it isn't. It already contradicts with the confirmed Post-Secret Wars stuff we've seen. Your own point about how Thor is a man again has already been shown not to be the case since we know the female Thor is still around after SW.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I do find it interesting that the article above says

But the article that it’s quoting says this:

So one article says that the assertion was fallacious and quotes another article where they suggest it is fallacious thinking. Not seeing why I should believe it.

It seems more likely to me (and if someone has definitive proof otherwise, please share) that Fox is having Marvel remove products that compete directly with film merchandise. Marvel losing money on merchandising from the Fantastic Four and X-Men (especially the latter) seems really short-sighted and doesn’t fit with the stories about Perlmutter being incredibly frugal. Of course, the order could be coming down from higher (Disney), but even then, I’m not following the money.

EDIT: For clarity, what I’m getting at is this:

If Marvel/Disney keeps 100% of the profit from the merchandise featuring the comic-book portrayal of the X-Men/Fantastic Four properties, it doesn’t make much sense to leave that money on the table, especially since several of those characters (namely Wolverine) have their own appeal that helps sell the product. That’s just Marvel leaving their own money on the table, especially considering that a lot of this is niche merchandise that only big-time fans would be purchasing anyway. And Fox does presumably have the licensing to the likenesses of the characters from the film, so I don’t believe Marvel would be able to stop them from making their own mainstream merch (toys, t-shirts).

However, if Fox gets a cut of the profit from the merchandise featuring the comic-book portrayal of said characters (X-Men/Fantastic Four), it makes sense for Marvel/Disney to allocate their resources to the properties they make 100% of the money from.
    Look, Fox has nothing to do with these posters, other than marvel is trying to spite them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Look, Fox has nothing to do with these posters, other than marvel is trying to spite them.
    How do these posters spite Fox?

How do these posters spite Fox?
    Well, in theory, no cross-promotion with the X-men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, in theory, no cross-promotion with the X-men movies.
    Right, but would Fox care? I mean, I feel like from their perspective, it's like "Welp, Marvel didn't put our characters on a poster, and all 50 people on the internet are angry about it. Oh well." *Fox goes off and makes another profitable X-Men movie.

BANNED

Right, but would Fox care? I mean, I feel like from their perspective, it's like "Welp, Marvel didn't put our characters on a poster, and all 50 people on the internet are angry about it. Oh well." *Fox goes off and makes another profitable X-Men movie.
    Yes, it's ineffective. That's why it's petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Yes, it's ineffective. That's why it's petty.
    So isn't it possible, that - being such a petty and ineffective move where the only party that suffers is Marvel - Marvel isn't doing it for that reason?

ColoDarlin

So I just bought this poster for my 4yo son. He loves all super heros!! Of course now he wants to know the name of every single person on here, and if it's a good guy or bad guy... can someone please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Wow.

Well, at least Wasp is up on front with the movie-people. That made me super happy.
    According to Trends International who produced the poster Marvel wouldn't let them use any FF or X-Characters.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ColoDarlin View Post
    So I just bought this poster for my 4yo son. He loves all super heros!! Of course now he wants to know the name of every single person on here, and if it's a good guy or bad guy... can someone please help.
    which poster did you buy? Reply with quote of the pic so ppl can name the heroes.

SnortingMercury

Default Could someone...

If you have the time could someone please list who everyone is on the poster?

Thank you!!!