Default Kirby's THE ETERNALS - Worth checking out?

I never read this series when it was actually on the stands. I wasn't a Kirby fan until much later. I've enjoyed the Forth World stuff I've read so I wondered if I should check this out. A lot of concepts from it are still in play so I thought I'd get some thoughts on it. Any good?

It is good, but unfinished. If you have easy access to the material then give it a read. It's worth it. And the read Gaiman's stuff afterward. But don't pay internet prices for the omnibus that doesn't feature a proper ending.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I really enjoyed the 20 issues of Kirby's Eternals run. If you liked the Fourth World stuff, definitely check it out. Nice background on the Celestials in the first couple of issues.

Kirby used concepts as seen in the book Chariots of the Gods, which is interesting also.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Thing View Post
    I really enjoyed the 20 issues of Kirby's Eternals run. If you liked the Fourth World stuff, definitely check it out. Nice background on the Celestials in the first couple of issues.

Kirby used concepts as seen in the book Chariots of the Gods, which is interesting also.
    Classic Kirby. Probably not worth the Ebay Omnibus prices. Pretty sure with the recent Marvel Kirby Estate agreement we will see a reprint of some kind soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    Classic Kirby. Probably not worth the Ebay Omnibus prices. Pretty sure with the recent Marvel Kirby Estate agreement we will see a reprint of some kind soon.
    What? It's not like they can't reprint it anytime they want regardless of the Kirby estate.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    There wont be a reprint. The material is not popular enough, nor are the characters. Maybe another trade release, but that's about it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Thanks for the opinions! I see these issues pretty cheap on eBay a lot so I may just pick them up there. I know his writing isn't always polished but I love the sheer scale that Kirby presents.